What is the beverage you just drank or are drinking or are about to drink?

Larry of the Lawn

Will be attending the local brew club's Oktoberfest tomorrow afternoon/evening. That's always a good time.

But, more importantly, I came across this article this morning and thought I'd share. I'm all for building pipelines to move massive quantities of beer more efficiently! :stunned:

In the years since the De Halve Maan brewery opened a bottling facility outside Bruges in 2010, the company’s faced a tricky logistics problem. It still brews beer at its original site downtown, just as it has for nearly five centuries. To get all that delicious beer to the new factory for filtration, bottling, and shipping, it uses trucks. Trucks that burn fuel, spew carbon, and clog the city’s cobblestone streets (which surely froths all that beer).

No more. The city council has approved the brewery’s unusual but clever plan to save time and money while reducing emissions and congestion. It will build a pipeline to ferry the good stuff across town, underground. Yes, you read that right: a beer pipeline.

:cheers:

Last week we had the Dieu du Ciel! Imperial Pilsner in Pinot Noir BA - incredible taste, not even really like a beer anymore. The highlight had to be Moralité though, kinda like an even more drinkable version of Heady Topper. Dangerous magic.

Also met the brewers and gave them a beer we brewed as a homage to their imperial black saison. <3

What kinds of ginger beer do you guys have access to? Can you get awesome fiery stuff like Old Jamaica?

That stuff is great! I drank it the day I was stomach-fluish in London. I believe we can get it at the liquour store by my work.

We were using Fever Tree. My grandpa used to get an excellent ginger beer that I can't recall the name of (though I can totally see the can in my head) that he mixed into his summer shandy. Also quite yummy.

I decided to make it a tasty craft beer weekend. :cheers:

Right now working on a sixer of Yazoo Pale Ale.

In the fridge I have a 4-pack of Lazy Magnolia Timber Beast, a 4-pack of North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, and 22 oz bottles of Stone Arrogant Bastard, Stone 18th Anniversary IPA, and Yazoo Sue.

What kinds of ginger beer do you guys have access to? Can you get awesome fiery stuff like Old Jamaica?

Shit's weak. The $1.99 for a 2liter Goya brand burns a lot more. At least, from what I remember. I've been meaning to re-try Old Jamaica since its been a while since I did a ginger beer tasting. Goya blows Reeds Extra Ginger out of the water though.

edit; vvvv I will be investigating this claim.

Archived