Edgar Yronwood poisoned or just unlucky ?

drunken giant

We know that a wound does not have to be all that bad for it to fester.

One example i can think of is Urrigon Greyjoy all he lost was a finger or two and it still resulted in his death.

Why would the Red Viper even want to kill Edgar there has been animosity between the Martells and Yronwoods for years it makes no sense to start a new conflict between them.

Also Oberyn was only 16 at when he fought Edgar most 16 year olds would want to make a name for themselves as a great warrior not tarnish their name as a poisoner.

Just doesn't seem like there was a lot to gain from poisoning him.

It doesn't have to be bad but the worst it is the more likely to die from it, Yronwood took a cut. It may be a freak coincidence that a man known to poison his weapons(Gregor) cut him with his blade and he later died of a probably minor wound, I just don't believe it.

Because Yronwood caught him in bed with his mistress? Because he doesn't give a shit about the consequences? Because is just a douche? Oberyn doesn't act like someone who cares about possible political ramifications, does he ever deny poisoning Yronwood even knowing everyone is going to blame him? I don't remember him denying it. Someone like Doran would realize killing a Yronwood would create a lot of problems but someone like Oberyn simple wouldn't care. He doesn't have to gain anything from it, he kills Lord Yronwood and gets a reputation as a man who poisons his weapons, which is exactly what he is as we see from Gregor.

It doesn't have to be bad but the worst it is the more likely to die from it, Yronwood took a cut. It may be a freak coincidence that a man known to poison his weapons(Gregor) cut him with his blade and he later died of a probably minor wound, I just don't believe it.

Because Yronwood caught him in bed with his mistress? Because he doesn't give a shit about the consequences? Because is just a douche? Oberyn doesn't act like someone who cares about possible political ramifications, does he ever deny poisoning Yronwood even knowing everyone is going to blame him? I don't remember him denying it. Someone like Doran would realize killing a Yronwood would create a lot of problems but someone like Oberyn simple wouldn't care. He doesn't have to gain anything from it, he kills Lord Yronwood and gets a reputation as a man who poisons his weapons, which is exactly what he is as we see from Gregor.

But he is 16 and isn't known to poison his weapons yet.This duel was what started the reputation of poisoning weapons.And no you're wrong Oberyn isn't a douche and an idiot as you make him out to be.As we see later he works with doran closely.He doesn't do everything by himself and not care about anything.

But he is 16 and isn't known to poison his weapons yet.This duel was what started the reputation of poisoning weapons.And no you're wrong Oberyn isn't a douche and an idiot as you make him out to be.As we see later he works with doran closely.He doesn't do everything by himself and not care about anything.

It doesn't matter, we know from Gregor that he does poison his weapons, it isn't some myth. He is a douche, look at what he does to Obara's mother, look how shitty most of his daughters turned out, and after the Gregor duel you think he can't make stupid decisions? He is arrogant and stupid enough to kill Yronwood.

It doesn't matter, we know from Gregor that he does poison his weapons, it isn't some myth. He is a douche, look at what he does to Obara's mother, look how shitty most of his daughters turned out, and after the Gregor duel you think he can't make stupid decisions? He is arrogant and stupid enough to kill Yronwood.

Yes he poisons his weapons after he goes to the citadel and learns all kind of shit about poisons not when he was 16 and had no idea about poisons.

He treated his bastards best than any character we've seen except Ned so I think that's one point for him not against him.

He might've killed Yronwood we don't know.What we do know is that he is smart not an idiot.And killing Yronwood only had negative consequenses on the Martells.

Yes he poisons his weapons after he goes to the citadel and learns all kind of shit about poisons not when he was 16 and had no idea about poisons.

He treated his bastards best than any character we've seen except Ned so I think that's one point for him not against him.

He might've killed Yronwood we don't know.What we do know is that he is smart not an idiot.And killing Yronwood only had negative consequenses on the Martells.

You don't need to know everything about poison to rub some on a blade. The fact that he goes and studies it at the Citadel suggests an interest beforehand. Yes, he raises his bastards, but judging how the older ones turned out that isn't necessarily a good thing. He is overall smart but he is capable of being stupid like anyone else. And what makes you think a 16 year old Oberyn cared?

You don't need to know everything about poison to rub some on a blade. The fact that he goes and studies it at the Citadel suggests an interest beforehand. Yes, he raises his bastards, but judging how the older ones turned out that isn't necessarily a good thing. He is overall smart but he is capable of being stupid like anyone else. And what makes you think a 16 year old Oberyn cared?

I don't know I think all the sand snakes beside obara turned out fine and we don't know a lot about them.

We don't know a lot of stuff.You made some nice points though.

We know from Gregor that he poisoned his weapon on that occasion. It implies absolutely nothing about whether he did that regularly soldiering in Essos or anywhere else. It's entirely possible it was just an insurance method in that duel, because, you know, he was going up against an eight foot tall monster.

(I think the Sand Snakes turned out fine. One's impression of them is subjective. Totally agree with you about his treatment of Obara's mother though)

Because he was a prince of Dorne who presumably would have been taught everything there is to know about his house's most dangerous and longstanding rival.

I don't know I think all the sand snakes beside obara turned out fine and we don't know a lot about them.

We don't know a lot of stuff.You made some nice points though.

They aren't fine, they are uncontrollably brats who are willing to start a war no matter the cause and ignore the large schemes of things, cool dads are not always the best dads. He is kind of like Toph.

Archived