Dating #16- why can't my mom come on our date

Kelli Fury

I deactivated my account after that guy basically called me close minded andsaid how he was so disappointed that i stopped talking to him when he revealed personal things to me (even though i'd stopped replying well before bcus he was twice my age and boring and weird) then he kept pestering me and made a really creepy comment when i uploaded some new pics so even tho i coulda blocked him it just made me have enough hah.

You were not remotely clear that you don't expect monogamy. If "No one knows what the future holds" was meant to imply that, it really didn't.

I don't think he was trying to break it off, but I do think he wanted to make sure you understood that you're not going to be the top priority for him going forward.

Late to the party but Chats I agree with the others. Blunt is the way to be.

So a couple of weeks ago I met this girl off Tinder. She lives about a half-hour away, is a grad student at my alma mater, and seemed a little nerdy through text (though we didn't text much). We had plans for that Saturday so I went to an art exhibit and texted her afterwards as agreed, but she told me she didn't think we could go out that night and that she had "plans."

I was a little miffed so I decided to be very straightforward and ask her if there was a better time or if she was flaking. She said it was just a timing issue and we managed to get together a few hours later. It was the best date I've ever been on - ended up making out in the backseat of a car highschool style, lol.

Point is, if I hadn't been super blunt then I would've just gone home and who knows if we would've ever gone out.

(Incidentally, she and I have been out a couple times since then, and we talk for hours almost every day, and I have a serious case of butterflies :-):-))

Archived