Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

Is Robb Stark a kind of William Wallace? He fought for indepence and lost, but lived on as a symbol of hope and independence.

While I see your point, and can not really argue that it is a false idea, I am pretty sure that Robb Stark is Edward IV. He won all the battles, but had many problems off the battlefield because of who he married, and many of his supporters were against it/her.

Of course that kind of makes Late Lord Frey the Kingmaker.

Unknownst of the historical role there, Walder Frey is Roose Bolton and especially Tywin Lannister's evil puppet. And Roose is also Tywin's puppet, although both of them would sternly deny it.

I would disagree. Each had a reason to act, in and of their own. I think that any of them would gladly turn on the another for the any advantage they felt they could get.

I would disagree. Each had a reason to act, in and of their own. I think that any of them would gladly turn on the another for the any advantage they felt they could get.

I don't subscribe to you disagreeing. Of course they acted out of their own motivation ... and were played by puppeteer Tywin. We see Tywin's surprise when he was expecting a wolfskin and two were delivered. Says your point is true, and mine as well.

This just blew me away but how does a giant of a man scale the walls of Maegors Hold fast in full armor? I got it from the wiki so maybe its wrong.

I assume the outside walls aren't smooth, so he climbed the stones. Maybe he had the sense to take off his heavy armor? or maybe he's just that strong.

It is definitly not wrong on the wiki

“The castle is ours, ser, and the city,” Roland Crakehall told him, which was half true. Targaryen loyalists were still dying on the serpentine steps and in the armory, Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch were scaling the walls of Maegor’s Holdfast, and Ned Stark was leading his northmen through the King’s Gate even then, but Crakehall could not have known that. He had not seemed surprised to find Aerys slain; Jaime had been Lord Tywin’s son long before he had been named to the Kingsguard.

It's stated like that in the text of the books.

Is there anything to suggest he didn't? He thought that Bran and Rickon were dead, Arya missing (presumed dead) and Sansa was married off to Tyrion. The woiaf app confirms that he legitimised Jon and named him heir.

Robb did legitimize Jon.... he called for his bannermen to fix their seals as witnesses to his decree... aSoS chapter 54

We do not have what happened to the decree... Kind of like us knowing Joff was a bastard but seeing him crowned king.

Archived