What if Rob's Rebellion was a Stark scheme?

MizasterJ

Please forgive me if this tinfoil /crackpot theory has already been beaten to death but.....

So we all know how R+L=J is the most widely accepted theory but what if....

Jon Snow is actually the son of Howland Reed and Lyanna Stark.
consider the story from the Harrenhal Tournament
consider how Howland Reed's wife is suspiciously named Jyanna
consider why we haven't heard from or seen Howland
consider what happened at the Tower of Joy

Now how likely do you think it is that Howland and Lyanna begat Jon?

why? I'll give you some more fodder to feed the flames of this theory.

Perhaps Lyanna was desperate to escape her imminent marriage to the unfaithful Robert Baratheon.

Perhaps Lyanna. Benjen , or Brandon Stark schemed a plan with Howland to overthrow Targ rule and allow the Starks to take the throne, but got drastically out of control to the point where Benjen would feel extreme guilt and eventually join the NW? and Howland would go into a state of hermitation?

Perhaps Rhaegar was incriminated and the real Rhaegar never actually kidnapped Lyanna.

I'm not trying to stir up a ton of controversy or confusion,im not trying to discredit other theorys I just want to give this idea plenty of room to breathe.

I'd love to read ideas for and opposed.

Please forgive me if this tinfoil /crackpot theory has already been beaten to death but.....

Perhaps Lyanna was desperate to escape her imminent marriage to the unfaithful Robert Baratheon.

Perhaps Lyanna. Benjen , or Brandon Stark schemed a plan with Howland to overthrow Targ rule and allow the Starks to take the throne, but got drastically out of control to the point where Benjen would feel extreme guilt and eventually join the NW? and Howland would go into a state of hermitation?

Perhaps Rhaegar was incriminated and the real Rhaegar never actually kidnapped Lyanna.

I'm not trying to stir up a ton of controversy or confusion,im not trying to discredit other theorys I just want to give this idea plenty of room to breathe.

Where do Meera and Jojen come from? Did Howland remarry? If so, that doesn't seem like something a man who over come with guilt he went into hermitation.

Also, where was Rhaegar all this time? And JonCon's dreams is NOT a valid answer.

And why was the Tower of Joy a TARG residence, where Ned heard Lyanna's last words, protected by three members of the King's guard. Also, you could argue that Tywin's wife is suspiciously named 'Joanna' is Howland Reed Tyrion's father? High Septon, Jon's father, Tyrion's father, the man does a lot for someone who is never seen in the books.

Could you go into more detail about the Stark plan for the Throne. Who would they crown/why the IT and not KiTN/who else would be involved?

Interesting theory though, would like to see more of it. I am personally not to sure about the R+L=J theory, don't ask me why, it's just something doesn't seem to add up... I will probably be wrong though, but ah well!

^ Tyrion helped save Tysha, Lyanna saved Howland. Most women want a man that is taller than them, I don't think you will dispute that. While love is not all about attraction, it is generally what kicks it off. I just don't see how a woman who saves a tiny little man that can't defend himself from children, then becomes attracted to him.

I think it's an interesting idea, however, there's just far too much speculation here for me to take this seriously.

^ Tyrion helped save Tysha, Lyanna saved Howland. Most women want a man that is taller than them, I don't think you will dispute that. While love is not all about attraction, it is generally what kicks it off. I just don't see how a woman who saves a tiny little man that can't defend himself from children, then becomes attracted to him.

attraction sometimes works in mysterious ways. you underestimate the psychological. Women are way more attracted psychologically than any other way. Believe it or not.

Lyanna seemed like a woman of strength and confidence maybe she was looking for other features in a mate, like mystery.

1 Where do Meera and Jojen come from? Did Howland remarry? If so, that doesn't seem like something a man who over come with guilt he went into hermitation.

2. where was Rhaegar all this time? And JonCon's dreams is NOT a valid answer.

3.Could you go into more detail about the Stark plan for the Throne. Who would they crown/why the IT and not KiTN/who else would be involved?

1. As per the plan,perhaps Howland disguised as Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and took her to the TOJ where they conceived Jon. perhaps Meera and Jojen are actually Howland's neice and nephew left with no parents from Robert's Rebellion. Jyanna is a code name for Lyanna who faked her death at the TOJ to escape her obligation to Robert / the wrath of the Targs.

form a literary stand point, Meera and Jojen are red herring to prevent you from determining this.

Lyanna checks in on Jon occasionally from a distance, planning to let him know when the time is right.

2. The real Rhaegar was either captured by the Starks, or detained on assignment. perhaps the schemers had some one helping them who was near but not dear to Rhaegar.

3. Could be King in the North just as well. But I think it would be Brandon or his father that would want this plan to work. Benjen was probably involved. Perhaps a red priest or someone with magic to glamour into looking like Rhaegar. Howland Reed( maybe due to his potential green seeing saw the result of this plan) ,

Lyanna may have come up with the kidnapping / TOJ idea and Ned's promise to keep her fake death and Jon's origin a secret.

I know it's all a pretty Huge leap and highly unlikely but you see how it could be possible. Parts of the Theory could be accepted if other parts were tweaked. I think it's an interesting train of thought.

Some ground work for an alternate to R+L=J which is great, but shouldn't only be accepted because there is no other possibility.

Archived