Opening a tabletop and generally geeky bar in NorCal.

asdfmanasdf

See guys, you've all got such great ideas for a Kickstarter project. I don't have the funds to help you all make your dreams a reality though... should I set up a kickstarter page?

A meta-Kickstarter. Truly, you have your finger on the pulse of the Internet.

There are lots of local projects on Kickstarter that aren't based on producing and shipping goods. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OPs Kickstarter project. People who start Kickstarter projects don't even have to offer material rewards. Many do, obviously, because it increases contributions, but it's not a requirement.

If you don't want to fund his project - don't. I think it's a cool idea, but since I live on the other side of the country, I'm disinclined to back it. If I lived locally, or was simply more generous, I'd consider it. But there's really no need to be a total jackass and continue the absurd pile on.

Indeed. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend/partner guy used Kickstarter to raise funds for their foodcart business... And another larger campaign a few years later to open a restaurant. Both were wildly successful, and both had a not insignificant number of non-local backers.

an inexhaustible supply does not give confidence to investors, yaknow.

Dicks would each have to be given a serial number to avoid repeats. Total world currency in circulation should then not exceed 2.6 billion.

ETA: (clarification) the above is the estimated number of living adult males.

Archived