TTTNE 435: There must always be a Baelish in TTTNE

Littlefingers In The Air

Heh!

Maybe they were trying to make a point against China's massively unsustainable population :p

First - I enjoyed the ending. It was already a pretty long film though

I was sad for the gay man who shot himself :crying:

:p

I wonder if that counts as subliminal racism :D

And yeah I forgot his name but that was sad as well

Heh!

Maybe they were trying to make a point against China's massively unsustainable population :P

I was sad for the gay man who shot himself :crying:

Oh I enjoyed it too, but the climaxes of the SF storyline with the clones and Halle Berry's journalism storyline felt a bit overlooked. The storyline about the gay man was my favorite, I was sad at his suicide too.

Hello the Spamlings! Long time! I shall never ever ever get caught up. Alas.

Things are going great/crazy here. In the news:

I had a lunch date with the committee for the New Orleans WorldCon bid for 2018. They seemed really receptive to my ideas, totally enthusiastic, competent and experienced with fandom. YAY! Expect to see me plugging shamelessly at a con near you starting with CONtraflow in New Orleans October 3-5 this year and ConQuest in Kansas City.

Here's our fb page. Please like us! We are the best party throwers in America and I would love love love to hostess y'all here in my hometown. The link to the bid homepage is in the "About" section. I'll update it with photos of parties and any additional news.

The baby is still giving me hell, but the bf is being wonderful.

Starting a new program at work as well and it's really tough. I'm going to be incredibly busy this semester, but at least I won't be bored. We won a 100,000 grant from NASA to fund a program at my school for the next 5 years. It's gonna be amazing. I'm totally excited about it.

Universe remains balanced I guess. I have a funny story to tell about our trip to the ER, but it'll have to wait until I'm not at his house. :leaving:

I've missed you all A LOT. :grouphug:

Congrats LITA :cheers:

Exactly ma first thought. It was in the news here yesterday. Poor girl.

Might be, things are different across the pond. Around here, hipster judge you by first sight - wrong clothes, like OMG !11!!!!1!

The closest coffee shop to me is hipster infested. This is a Dothraki Horde imitating brand of hipsters. I love wearing my L.L. Bean pink coffee stained 15 year old bathrobe and fleece slippers there. The LOOKS I GET from people who deliberately don't brush their hair are amazing.

I see that LT guy got banned. I wonder what thread?

If anyone wants to see something unique, go to the Entertainment thread. It's been spammed by a bot spewing threads of illegal downloads of Hindi movies.

Going later. I need a laugh. Weeping Sore lightened up GenChat for a minute, but it just wasn't enough!

Oh gods that was hard. But amazing. :drool:

I liked ... the future story and the story with the freed slave on a boat most, I think. Oh, and the gay composer too! I am not that keen on detective/action movies, so the 70s story did not quite click for me. But altogether, really good and also quite hard to grasp, definitely not a movie for when you just want some background noise, I had to keep concentrated all the time.

I watched the film and enjoyed it. I've also read the book. I'm sure you all know what a book purist I am (evidence - my Peter Jackson and Tweedle Dumb and Dumbber rants) and I still enjoyed Cloud Atlas.
I think I would die if they ever made any of Robin Hobb's books into film/TV. I could not handle the changes they would inevitably make.
ETA: I liked the future stuff the best.

Oh I am a book purist too, you have not seen me during any of the GOT seasons, right?

Hint: I rant a lot. ;)

I only wonder how cute Brash (when he is not high on cindin) would be, yes I am that shallow! ;)

I watched Cloud Atlas a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, the storyline on the boat didn't do much for me but the rest was great. I also liked how each storyline was basically a different genre. (Comedy, Thriller, SF, Fantasy, the other were harder to pin down). The ending felt somewhat rushed though.

I do agree about the ending, the 70s story in particular was like ... so what happened?

You mean: 2012 = comedy, 1970s thriller ???, Sonmi = SF, Zach = Fantasy? The boat story is some mixture of love and adventure story, the gay composer ummm, love story and psychological ... something.

I was sad for the gay man who shot himself

That was so sad. :crying: :crying: :crying: It was not supposed to be that way, he should have met up with his lover and all again. :bawl:

I wonder if that counts as subliminal racism
And yeah I forgot his name but that was sad as well

Robert. ;)

Hello the Spamlings! Long time! I shall never ever ever get caught up. Alas.

LILYYYYYYYYY! :grouphug:

I got a better idea. Why do you not come visit us in Europe? *wink wink nudge nudge* :P

Glad to hear the bf and school are well. Baby will be too, trust me!

:lol: Lily...I have to work that weekend and I'm still waiting on approval for Samhain weekend for VoodooFest :)

Bex! Whenever you can make it I'll be ready! U have ready made OINB JUMSUITS for a group thing and easywear.

:kiss: Bucky, I hope I make it before 2019. I will ne sure ti visit if I do!

Edit: bex be Piper. You would have so much fun as a priveleged wasp princess in character.

AK :kiss: :grouphug: how are you?

How have you been? Where have you been? How's the weight loss going? How's work?

Hi Cora :grouphug:

I've been around, but didn't post much. All is well of course, work is fine, weight loss had minor obstacles but is still in swing. :D

How's every one?

Why are women so complicated?!! Gosh

We're not, we just pretend to be (some of us). Because you got the muscles, so we pretend to have the brains. How's the tuna doing?

Morning Ak, Cora and everyone lurking :)

Archived