Why Are All These Threads Boring?

Weeping Sore

Seriously. I'm trying to waste time here and none of the threads seem very interesting at the moment. Can't somebody bump something good from five days ago? Or come up with a new one that's not depressing or tedious? Not too mention this thread, the evidence that I've exhausted my creativity and all I can do is gripe. Talk me down, y'all. Tell/show me GenChat can be interesting again.

Expect a curse word laden response in a few moments.

Followed by some "The Board isn't what it used to be..." exclamations interspersed with criticism of the expletive laden criticism.

From there, discussion will commence on whether someone stating they are bored with the board is acceptable, and what responses are in turn acceptable.

Ideally this will be of interest to you?

Maybe it's just the season.. Vacations are over..horrible things happening in the world, winter is coming...

Have faith and join the Benjen Watch!

We are bumping till we have him back again.

In the meantime something funny is bound to come up or to come to our mind.

A warm virtual hug to cope in the meantime...

In my anectodal interneting experience, this is pretty heavily monitored and moderated forum in context of Internet forums.

This is great for eliminating jerkoffs and people who say things we don't want to read.

But on the negative side, it does tend to get boring and repetitive if someone isn't constantly bringing up new things to discuss and new perspectives about those things.

I like both, this site is nice because there is pretty much ZERO harassment allowed and most trolling is at least frowned upon. But sometimes I need a little unruliness, so I go to less moderated forums when it's boring here, then come back here when the other forums turns into just unchecked badmouthing.

When winds of winter comes out things will pick up again.

At the moment I think a lot of people are more interested in occasionally reading through some of the threads rather than contributing to them, and the people who contribute are probably none too enthusiastic either.

Expect a curse word laden response in a few moments.

Followed by some "The Board isn't what it used to be..." exclamations interspersed with criticism of the expletive laden criticism.

From there, discussion will commence on whether someone stating they are bored with the board is acceptable, and what responses are in turn acceptable.

Ideally this will be of interest to you?

Nothing is of interest to me. That's the problem. You should be in a better mood, though. You became self-aware at 2:14 AM exactly seventeen years ago today (August 29th, 1997). Happy Birthday!

Nothing is of interest to me. That's the problem. You should be in a better mood, though. You became self-aware at 2:14 AM exactly seventeen years ago today (August 29th, 1997). Happy Birthday!

Heheheheh. I'm in a good mood actually. I'm becoming more confident that the universe is Absurd, which -as Borges once said - means our imaginative & ethical impulses take precedence over metaphysical paradigms. Good stuff!

eta:

WHO WANTS TO DIE FOR ART

I'll offer up a skinned knee. Any more than that and it'll cost you.

I'll offer up a skinned knee. Any more than that and it'll cost you.

Skinned knee? That's it? I just burned my hand pulling the cast iron griddle out of the oven, ha!

Archived