Why Are All These Threads Boring?

Weeping Sore

LitA

Is this a reference to the Spambot that hit the board a couple of days ago or are you really claiming "professional" wrestling isn't boring?

Both. Professional wrestling isn't boring. But WWE sure as hell is these days. I doubt anyone will be arsed to check out the indy promotions.

Sologdin,

in The Board: the Motion Picture, i am played by young marlon brando in my dreams, but really by that dude who played screech.

A buzzfeed quiz claimed I'd be played by Daniel Day Lewis. It seems a stretch for me, a short dark blond-haired Southerner, to be played by a tall dark haired Irishman.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously. I'm trying to waste time here and none of the threads seem very interesting at the moment. Can't somebody bump something good from five days ago? Or come up with a new one that's not depressing or tedious? Not too mention this thread, the evidence that I've exhausted my creativity and all I can do is gripe. Talk me down, y'all. Tell/show me GenChat can be interesting again.

:lmao:

I think it has to do with the perception people have of themselves, if they find themselves boring and have nothing going on in there lives (nothing worth knowing) then I would imagine, that their conversations would be dull and boring. Also talking about the same things almost religiously gets old.

Find a new hobbie?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT SOME MAY BELIEVE AS A SMART ASS REMARK DON'T VIEW

maybe it's your brain trying to tell you to do something with your life, besides wasting time here? :dunno:

Sologdin,

A buzzfeed quiz claimed I'd be played by Daniel Day Lewis. It seems a stretch for me, a short dark blond-haired Southerner, to be played by a tall dark haired Irishman.

It's Daniel Day Lewis Scot. He can play anyone. I'm fairly certain that's the only answer the quiz spits out.

Never fear, after a 7 year hibernation I started posting again. I'm in the dog thread tearing it up. I used links to back up my points and even posted a Marky Mark picture. You just need to know where to look.

I'm thinking about starting another "this board has changed and not for the better" thread but I may wait and begin a thread talking about things people do to annoy me. :cool4:

A few years ago, I tried to make a real effort to start threads about new and different stuff. (I think about how Amazon runs their warehouses, Radical Honesty and the amount of math necessary to be a productive high school graduate, not all at once). It didn't make me feel like I was going to successfully reconnect to the board.

The effect of the local BWB + FB plus the many new people I really don't know has made me much more reticent to post about myself. When I think about posting about something personal (but possible interesting in the abstract) I find that 1. it's not something I want to share with a bunch of strangers and 2. it's not something I want to share via internet forum when people I'm going to see IRL are going to read it. Five to ten years ago, I would have posted about it or any other details of my life without any qualms, because I felt like I had the right blend of anonymity vs. community. I think it would have been unrealistic to expect both myself and the forum to stay the same. I do feel a little sad about it though.

And yes, Ep, if you post anything personal on here, I will judge you next we meet… speaking of which, did you know Neil Giaman is coming to town next year? We should do something around that. Also, and I know you hate them, but Daniel Abraham and Ty are going to be up here for the MileHiCon next month if you want to catch a panel.

I haven't read Abraham and probably won't before next month but would be up to see Michael Swanwick maybe.

Never fear, after a 7 year hibernation I started posting again. I'm in the dog thread tearing it up. I used links to back up my points and even posted a Marky Mark picture. You just need to know where to look.

I'm thinking about starting another "this board has changed and not for the better" thread but I may wait and begin a thread talking about things people do to annoy me. :cool4:

Oh yes, I have a feeling the dog thread is about to get interesting. The Pit Bull brigade is out in force

Seriously. I'm trying to waste time here and none of the threads seem very interesting at the moment. Can't somebody bump something good from five days ago? Or come up with a new one that's not depressing or tedious? Not too mention this thread, the evidence that I've exhausted my creativity and all I can do is gripe. Talk me down, y'all. Tell/show me GenChat can be interesting again.

An aversion to conflict -- drama and emotion and personality. Although boring, it's still worth a look every now and again with people I've had some past history and fun with. The baiting as well as the exposure to other frameworks and ideas was very enlightening while it lasted.

But, yes...the threads these days are pretty fucking boring.

:)

Archived