Series about Valyria?

Salafi Stannis

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but what if GRRM decided to write a series on Valyria? Valyria was the greatest empire in the history of the ASOIAF universe, so there could be a great series based on it. For all we know, Valyria could have the best, most gripping and emotional plotlines, most developed and interesting characters etc. And also, we could learn about the Doom of Valyria. The Doom could have been an event equal to, in terms of importance, effect of a global scale and excitement, the threat of the Others. Now it's nothing more than a footnote in the history of the ASOIAF universe.

Thoughts?

I also agree that if he did ever write something like this is would be so gripping and interesting all our heads would explode.

The amount of questions we all have and the new amount of lore he could add would be staggering.

The dragon questions would probably be at the top of those lists.

I have always wondered the total number of dragons as I am sure a lot of people have but also if different families were known for having slightly different dragons.

Like I wonder if one family only bred black dragons for a certain reason or if one family was known for the biggest or fastest or if one family was known as maybe not having the most dragons but having the best fighting dragons so that kept them at the top of the freehold and so on.

What questions would you guys have?

I agree it probably won't happen. But it would be great I agree. I imagine it as GRRM going high fantasy with The Song of Fire series. Hundreds of dragons fighting against the legions of Old Ghis and the magic roads, castles and swords. I am sure GRRM has been tempted for years to go off in all different directions.

i would be so happy if this happend because its like westeros, but 40 times the intrigue and we could see house targ before the doom, but i would also like a westerosi POV because the age of the petty kings sounds pretty intresting as well

I would rather see GRRM write some standalone novels or short series on Westeros. I'd like to see some stories about the Daynes and the Hightowers and the Royces, and I'd like to see what's happening in Westeros 100 years or so after the events of ASOIAF.

This would be amazing. I'd love to see the battles between Valyrian and the Rhoynar. Those battles sound unbelievable. Ending the story with the Doom would be potentially epic and devastating/heartbreaking. It would also be fun to have a King Stark / Lannister appear looking to forge a Valyrian blade. I'm sure we'd all squeel with glee.

Love it! there were 40 families running Valyria they were Dragon Lords and Ladies The Targaryen was not the top family can you believe that?

Yes from what we have been told quite far from the top.

From what we have been told they ranged roughly about 15 out of 40 in terms of power.

That is not very powerful considering they left with 5 dragons.

Doing the math the 2 most powerful families probably had 100+ dragons each.

• 4 weeks later...

I like this idea alot! It would be like The Rise and Fall of The Roman Empire but in the ASOIAF universe. Although I don't want to ask for too much lol. I'll be thankful if Martin's able to finish ASOIAF.

I agree it probably won't happen, but still, it's a nice idea.

Archived