(Book Spoilers) Lady Stoneheart spin-off show?

OllyS

In fairness to that show, she's doing an arc in what I believe is it's second season and its resurrections are conceptually VERY different from LSH's. Much cleaner, let's say. I doubt they were going for uber-meta casting, they just were lucky enough to nab her (because she's awesome).

I think that this whole thread is super unlikely, but I think it would be cool if they made a spin-off that focused on the Brotherhood Without Banners/Knights of the Hollow Hill. At the start they would be stereotypical hero knights, but over time they make more questionable decisions in their quest to bring down the Mountain until they devolve into the Brotherhood that we saw in Storm of Swords/Season 3. Of course, after that we would have Stoneheart taking over, and the Brotherhood would go from their 'justice' to straight up hanging everybody.

Just having her kill Freys all day would be really boring after the first 2 epsiodes, which is why I can understand why GOT chose not to have her at this stage because you're really going to bring Michelle Fairley back for that?

If only it was possible that Martin plans something for her in TWOW....but I guess I missed the info that he doesn't?

To me it seems she is only killing Freys and a whole heap of other people ravaging the Riverlands at the moment

Putting aside that this is the other side of the 'Rise of the High Sparrow' coin, and that it makes perfect sense for a wrathful resurrection of Catelyn Tully to be leading an insurgency against the now Frey-led Riverlands and others who ravaged it....

If we look in the other direction, instead of "well are they going to bring back Michelle Fairley just to wantonly kill people etc" we can just as easily ask "well they are continuingon with Brienne and Jaimie in a substantial way to where does their arcs lead if not to LS?"

Not having either of them come across LS is a fairly substantial shift from their arcs in the books, it's already controversial that Jaimie is heading to Dorne and that Brienne to a lesser extent came across Arya and the Hound...

As for a spinoff show, it is logical that this would have to either cover Roberts rebellion, or the Targeryan Dance of the Dragons civil war or most likely IMO cover the same topics that the spinoff books have covered like the Dunk and Egg tales in particular.

As for a spinoff show, it is logical that this would have to either cover Roberts rebellion, or the Targeryan Dance of the Dragons civil war or most likely IMO cover the same topics that the spinoff books have covered like the Dunk and Egg tales in particular.

I agree. GRRM said in the recent BlinkBox interview that he is in talks with HBO about more series based on his work, series plural, and I doubt very highly that they would be at all interested in his Wild Card or anything other types of works. With the insane popularity of the GoT world HBO will want to capitalize on this, and quickly. My 3 picks I just posted in another post 2 days ago were the above, the Targ TPATQ story, the Hedge Knight, and Robert's Rebellion.

I think that due to the extremely high cost of the dragon CGI that the Targ civil war would be out. I always figured that CGI made things cheaper, allowing larger battles with animated creations - who knew that the tech nerds charged so much to make CGI stuff move around, but they do apparently.

The Hedge Knight has 3 stories and another one otw someday according the GRRM, but I'm not sure even stretched out to the max that this would be longer than a 3 part miniseries for each book in the Hedge Knight series so far, which would be less than a regular 10 episode series. Personally it's my opinion that they'll want to have something to stagger with the current series that will take them a full 5 to 7 seasons as well.

This is why IMO the simplest solution for that is Robert's Rebellion, or, possibly the Targ landing and takeover of Westeros (again with the Dragon CGI, albeit just 3 dragons instead of a few dozen or whatever). Also, any of the wars between the Targs arriving at DragonStone and King's landing many years later, up to the current date of 300 AL or so, would be great as well. They aren't as well known though by TV viewers, where as every TV viewer has heard of Robert's rebellion as well as the Targaryen initial conquest. IMO this would be something the execs at HBO would find less risky in terms of keeping current viewers involved. That said, the material is so popular they could probably do a season about farming and fishing in Westoros, and people would gobble it up.

Archived