Why do people think warging into a dragon is possible?

Brandon Umber

Obviously it's possible as we've seen Varamyr and Bran warg into humans. But my question refers to the fact that certain animals are said to be harder to control, think the snow bear/shadow cat. If this is the case why would a dragon not be difficult to control? Also, I've seen many posts where people discuss Jon warging into a dragon. Jon however is quite inexperienced with warging, or at least hasn't been taught the ins and outs the way Bran was.

Well, the reason given for cats being harder to warg is because of their nature/personality. Whereas dogs already have been bred to obey human commands etc, cats generally haven't and can't be domesticated as such. So in my opinion it stands to reason that dragons, which have been bred to obey humans a la Valyrians, are probably pretty susceptible to warging.

I remember reading somewhere that a dragon has the brainpower of a dog before as well, but I couldn't find the reference for the life of me.

If you can warg a human, then you surely can warg a dragon.

Except for Bran we haven't seen anybody else warging a human, either by it being extremely hard or it being a taboo, but it's known humans tend to respond agressively to possession as their minds are awake and not very helpful during the warging.

Dragons are not known to have an intelligence beyond that of a savage animal. maybe they aren't dumb, but they lack the "humanity".

As long as one is nearby, you have a lot of talent and plot requires it, why not? Surely there are crazier things.

Archived