New GOT video game looks like it has some upside

Wavey Sauce

All the others have been jokes. (besides the crusader kings expansion)

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/08/29/telltale-releases-new-game-of-thrones-game-info/

Not sure if it was posted but I didnt see it, if done right could be really good. I wish they had a GOT game set up just like an Elder Scrolls/open world game. Where a single soldier in whatever faction is picked and can go to every part of the world. including free cities, Shadow lands, the Wall, the huge land beyond the wall etc. I know it would take a long ass time to make but if done right they would bring in the cash big time. A good RPG like that would be purchased by more then just GOT fans

@Wavey Sauce

It was mod not expansion, other great mods are Clash of Kings for Mount and Blade Warband, Westeros TW (not fully done yet).

Also I quite liked the RPG, it was not great but it was solid and I had my fun.

YES! If anyone can do it, TellTale can. I just hope they don't make it all like The Walking Dead games where it's more choices less gameplay. I want to fight, roam and level up. In other words I want a Game of Thrones version of The Elder Scrolls.

I have a feeling making the whole world in depth would be way too much time. Like going to Lannisport and seeing all the individual houses/shops can go in and talk to people. All the castles throughout the land. Like how Elder Scrolls is with the cities, all tons of people with side quests and different purposes. Im not sure if they could even pull off all of Westeros let alone Essos, Dorthraki Sea, places like Qarth etc. Would be amazing though. Going to Harren Hall or Winterfell, Dragonstone, and so on, if it is done and made right. Shit I could log 200 hours easily

I think it'd be expecting way too much to think we can go to locations not seen in the show yet.

Even if they just did all the places in Westeros would be really hard to do, let alone Essos. But with a good enough story where your personal choices can effect the world and the iron throne would be sick. What dynasty gets what castle, what religion stands where, if all the proper choices are in it where there is a range of different endings and story possibilities, that alone would suit fine enough for me if it was just in Westeros.

Although would be cool if had to buy a boat, or use one to travel to the free cities and explore out there but that would take forever to make.

They need to get the full staffs of Elder Scrolls, KOTOR, Star Wars MMO, WOW, Tera, Eve online, Mass Effect, etc. All together and have them just pound it out. lmao I know thats impossible but for time issues that would be a dream of a life time

YES! If anyone can do it, TellTale can. I just hope they don't make it all like The Walking Dead games where it's more choices less gameplay. I want to fight, roam and level up. In other words I want a Game of Thrones version of The Elder Scrolls.

I really doubt TellTale is going to abandon their signature game style, which they have experience implementing, in order to make what would be a crummy ES-knockoff. I think it makes more sense from a storytelling perspective and a game design perspective for them to focus on developing something tangential to one of the main plot threads of the game. Open world game tend to suffer from just not being able to put enough detail or scale into the world, and this will be all the more apparent with something well-established like Westeros.

Something like TWAU allows TellTale to go into more detail and more scale in one area and tell a better story.

Turbine did a great job with Lord of the Rings Online. Open world, famous places and characters, quests, crafting, raids, fun just to roam around, fun levelling, legendary weapons, all that stuff.

I think it WILL be done for ASOIAF eventually.

I don't think war even started in the Game of Thrones RPG but in Clash of Kings mod you can kill as many Northeners as you please, even side by side with Jamie

If I remember the war has started although it hasn't proceeded very far by the end of the game. But I do recall, if I'm correct, that we got to kill some Rivermen at the least.

I don't think war even started in the Game of Thrones RPG but in Clash of Kings mod you can kill as many Northeners as you please, even side by side with Jamie

The perfect storyline of the game would be right at the start of the war of 5 kings. And your guy is running around as it is taking place.

Or around the time of Roberts Rebellion

Turbine did a great job with Lord of the Rings Online. Open world, famous places and characters, quests, crafting, raids, fun just to roam around, fun levelling, legendary weapons, all that stuff.

Agree

I still kind of like the layout of how Skyrim was better. If each castle was exactly replicated, and they had the correct amount of regular people, knights etc. I dont even care if it was just single player if it was done right with the actual world that would be beyond sick

I have played the Skyrim mod which was great for some sight seeing, I mean i fought a dragon on the WALL. Crusader kings 2 is great for hypothetical scenerios. I wish bioware would make a game in the vein of Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Bethesda would be awsome as well because they make great worlds.

Guess we'll have to wait for books to be finished. Don't see one being made as a AAA game set before the conquest.

Best company I can think of to make a AAA ASOIAF game would be CDProjekt Red. The Witcher games/books share a lot of similarities with Martin's work. No true good or evil, just choices and their consequences; lesser vs greater evil.

Archived