Football 2 Billion and Twelve: St James Park is Heaven

MercenaryChef

I'm pretty sure Van Gaal will get them playing better football eventually, especially with people like Di Maria in there now. With new signings still to bed in and new formations etc, they're bound to be a bit creaky. Still, you would have thought that this gentle start to the season would have seen them pick up more than just two points from the first three league games.

I think that the vaunted United lineup is pretty overblown. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie sound like an awesome attacking combination, but if you really think about it, Rooney and Van Persie look like they're well past their best days. And at the end of the day if you don't have guys who are going to bang the goals in, it doesn't matter what else you do well on the pitch, even if you are playing attractive football, which United currently aren't (yes I know, ironic coming from an Arsenal fan...).

Crystal Palace just scored in the first minute. I hope there aren't any fans who've made their way from a massive distance away to see this.

Swansea also off to a quick start against West Brom, watching that one. Not getting Siggurdson in my fantasy team was a mistake - he's scored or assisted every Swansea goal so far.

Sounds like Falcao is going somewhere. He was selected yesterday for Monaco's match against Lille today but isn't in the squad now. Probably Madrid despite their insistence that they don't want him. Gatorade, his sponsor, congratulated him on going there earlier today.

Archived