War of the Roses in aSoIaF

Mokymok

I searched for a similar thread but I did not find it.

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1496

GRRM said the War of the Roses is probably the one my story is closest to.

The War of the Roses was fought between the Houses Lancaster and York for the English throne and ended with the merging of the two rival families, and the creation of a new Royal family, House Tudor.

The Wars of the Roses saw the extinction of House Lancaster and House York, which by the names are similar to Houses Lannister and Stark. The final victory went to the Lancasters through Henry VII, and later married York's heiress, Elizabeth of York.

Is it probable that we may see new families created or merged and old families extinct ?

Will the person who sits on the throne at the end of the story ( if anyone sits on it ) be someone coming from a new family?

Will Tyrion and Sansa as probably last heirs create a new family ?

Edit: Grammar.

If GRRM stole the entire War of the Roses for his story, it wouldn't be all that original.

It could happen though. But if it has to, don't let ADWD Tyrion do it, let a redeemed Tyrion do it.

Or, it would be a marriage filled with many affairs and bastards.

I could see the merging of two major houses as an emotional climax. Or at the very least, it's just one part of the ending.

I like Tyrion /Sansa, they are even already married.

I dunno. I think Jaime marrying Sansa would be nicely ironic given that at the beginning of the story Sansa fantasized about knights in shining armor. Jaime is essentially the opposite of a white knight.

Definitely an interesting match.

I dunno. I think Jaime marrying Sansa would be nicely ironic given that at the beginning of the story Sansa fantasized about knights in shining armor. Jaime is essentially the opposite of a white knight.

Definitely an interesting match.

You think Jaime would live through the end of that marriage? He pushed her brother from a tower window, attacked her father, and threatened her newborn cousin. Personally, I think Jaime will be dead by the end of the series, along with Cersei. And if he is married/falls in love with anyone, it'll be Brienne.

You think Jaime would live through the end of that marriage? He pushed her brother from a tower window, attacked her father, and threatened her newborn cousin. Personally, I think Jaime will be dead by the end of the series, along with Cersei. And if he is married/falls in love with anyone, it'll be Brienne.

Eh, you're right.

Perhaps a Rickon and Myrcella can get married?

I searched for a similar thread but I did not find it.

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1496

GRRM said the War of the Roses is probably the one my story is closest to.

The War of the Roses was fought between the Houses Lancaster and York for the English throne and ended with the merging of the two rival families, and the creation of a new Royal family, House Tudor.

The Wars of the Roses saw the extinction of House Lancaster and House York, which by the names are similar to Houses Lannister and Stark. The final victory went to the Lancasters through Henry VII, and later married York's heiress, Elizabeth of York.

Is it probable that we may see new families created or merged and old families extinct ?

Will the person who sits on the throne at the end of the story ( if anyone sits on it ) be someone coming from a new family?

Will Tyrion and Sansa as probably last heirs create a new family ?

Edit: Grammar.

I'm not sure but technically the legit heir of York wasn't Edward of Warwick the son of George Plantagenet?

I'm not sure but technically the legit heir of York wasn't Edward of Warwick the son of George Plantagenet?

Probably.

Also, didnt the tudors exist before the end of either lancaster or york as a supporter of the lancasters then henry became king through the wars and consolidated victory by marrying a york and ending the conflict.

If we were to draw exact parallels, we could have a tyrell win the crown through battle and unify everyone by marrying sansa after tommen, mrycella, jamie, tyrion and cersei are out of the picture. Not necessarily tyrells either, any supporting house would do but tyrell is close to tudor.

Archived