Best moment/line of the show?

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light. "No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

Forgetting for the moment how simply badass both of these men are and how cool both of those lines would be to read in an actual flashback novella...

Why did they both say those words? I think the simple interpretation would be they are both talking about the impending fight... but...

Could they be talking about something larger? Obviously there are a ton of theories on why the 3 KG were at the ToJ... but I still struggle with why Ned showed up with such a small force, and what they were fighting over...

Clearly there was respect between Dayne and Stark. But they both seemed begrudgjngly resolved to having to kill the other. I don't think either thought of the other as anything but the guy on the opposite side of a vow they've taken.

Anyhow. That's my moment. It's so loaded with possibilities as to the motives of the 2 men. And it surrounds what I think is the biggest talking point from the books- the ToJ.

In-show "They beat me, they humiliate me, they married me to the Imp. I had no friends in King's Landing...Except one."

There are so many in the books. There's the classic "Porcelain, Ivory, Steel.", "If I am ever a Queen, I will make them love me", "Lies and Arbor Gold", Sansa misremembering Blackwater bay, Sansa building a snow castle in the Eyrie (That entire chapter is quotable, really), Alayne's three chapters in AFFC.

Guys, have you seriously not realised that the thread title and OP completely unrelated?

LOL.. a bit yes. I think what happened is that he stated his favorite line.. then he wanted to discuss it.. and also discuss other peoples favorite lines. But the way it's written, I see what you mean, too.

Absolutely excellent.

I'm also quite fond of the

"I was the commander of the city watch of King's Landing, boy"

"And now you're here, you must have not been very good at your job." :owned:

That was a nice one. I also liked Grenn's final words in S4E9.

Archived