Tycho and mace in bravos! [book spoilers]

reddy95

Lol hated a lot of last season anyway. Could deal with the Talisa/Jeyne but if they seriously cut Arianne/Quent/Aegon/JonCon I will flip my shit

Arianne and Quentyn seem to be cut, Aegon and JonCon - no one can confirm if or not they are in. Unless they announce casting by late November, they've been cut.

It's a shame since I would really love them to be in the show. I'm surprise D&D cut Arianne since she is probably the sexiest woman in all of the Seven Kingdoms and she has a steamy scene in AFFC.

I loved season 3, but for the most part, they butchered Robb/Catelyn/Tullys/Talisa/King in the North storyline until the Red Wedding and they also screwed over the Beyond the Wall storyline and Bran's storyline.

Sopranos has a tonne of characters introduced with ease, well established and developed. It's HBO too so there's clearly a budget which GOT can exploit. And no it does lose its meaning kinda. The fact that she doesn't recognise him in the books is ruined now.

That was already ruined during the torture scenes. Reek looks very much like Theon. This whole "not recognizing a character" works much better in the books that it does in TV shows.

Haha, yeah....none of us have every watched a television show before. Thank god you are here to guide the purist masses. Douche bag.

Well, let's see. They expect every scene to make it into the show. They expect every character to make it into the show, and if D&D have the balls to cut their favorite character (Arianne) then they must be sexist, misogynistic assholes who apparently have it out for book readers and are only making these cuts to piss them off. I'm basing all of this on comments I've seen, so I think I'll stand by my previous post. Book purists are unreasonable and have no idea how tv works. Jackass.

Please, this is not the Youtube comment section. Behave, you twats.

Honestly, im not the one making sweeping judgments about a group of people i disagree with and more importantly, lack a fundamental understanding of. I see no reason why one party can get away with being disparaging without being called out on it, and i don't give a shit how right they think they are. If i sat here and called this guy an idiot for enjoying the show then i would be a douche bag too.

@Relic: no I'm sure you've watched a tv show before...you just didn't care as much about the (possible) source material as you do with this one, which leads to some unreasonable criticisms sometimes and some that are more deserved but essentially it mostly comes down to 'it's not as complex as or as interesting as or just simply like the books' without consideration or either budget or time or any other real life limitations. That's the standard that is often used by book purists, not wheter it's good tv or not, which is how you usually judge tv, not how faithful it is to the original source. Anything else comes off as a bit whiny to people who have not read these books or have read them but can accept some deviations. If you'd never read these books is it worthwile is essentially the question you should be asking yourself and most of the time that's not what book purists do. I know most of the Silmarillion backwards and I have lots and lots of extra books for LOTR but I still love, love, LOVE the PJ films because they work as films on their own.

Honestly, im not the one making sweeping judgments about a group of people i disagree with and more importantly, lack a fundamental understanding of. I see no reason why one party can get away with being disparaging without being called out on it, and i don't give a shit how right they think they are. If i sat here and called this guy an idiot for enjoying the show then i would be a douche bag too.

Maybe not, but you used a petty insult rather than use evidence to help your case. You should have tried to have been more civil.

Maybe not, but you used a petty insult rather than use evidence to help your case. You should have tried to have been more civil.

evidence? i need to write a dissertation on why i think i understand the difference between a tv show and books? No, sorry, not happening. There is a growing trend on these forums to put down "whiners and purists" which is, frankly, unacceptable.

@Relic: no I'm sure you've watched a tv show before...you just didn't care as much about the (possible) source material as you do with this one, which leads to some unreasonable criticisms sometimes and some that are more deserved but essentially it mostly comes down to 'it's not as complex as or as interesting as or just simply like the books' without consideration or either budget or time or any other real life limitations. That's the standard that is often used by book purists, not wheter it's good tv or not, which is how you usually judge tv, not how faithful it is to the original source. Anything else comes off as a bit whiny to people who have not read these books or have read them but can accept some deviations. If you'd never read these books is it worthwile is essentially the question you should be asking yourself and most of the time that's not what book purists do. I know most of the Silmarillion backwards and I have lots and lots of extra books for LOTR but I still love, love, LOVE the PJ films because they work as films on their own.

Criticism is unreasonable only if you disagree with it. Heavens forbid you disagree with an uber-fan on the internet.

When i came out and stated that aFfC sucked some 8 years ago on this very site my view were not the majority but they they weren't slammed down as whining and moaning. They were abosrbed and accepted or rejected. Some interesting debates took place.

Since the show started airing we have had a huge influx of people coming in here thinking it was ok to be a typical internet asshole and disparage anyone who opposed their view points. On both sides. I don't go around saying how dumb you all are for liking a show i think sucks on a number of levels (adaptation being but one of them them), i have never attacked anyone for enjoying the show, and i dont appreciate the attempts at silencing my views by people who can't comprehend that not everyone sees things the same way they do.

Bottom line, there is absolutely no need for all this back and forth to exist. You'd think we were all 17 and screaming at each other that the xbox is better than a playstation. It's stupid, and wasteful. Stick to your opinions and stop tying to prove how "right" you are. You meaning those who engage this sort of behavior, not YOU.

Criticism is unreasonable only if you disagree with it. Heavens forbid you disagree with an uber-fan on the internet.

When i came out and stated that aFfC sucked some 8 years ago on this very site my view were not the majority but they they weren't slammed down as whining and moaning. They were abosrbed and accepted or rejected. Some interesting debates took place.

Since the show started airing we have had a huge influx of people coming in here thinking it was ok to be a typical internet asshole and disparage anyone who opposed their view points. On both sides. I don't go around saying how dumb you all are for liking a show i think sucks on a number of levels (adaptation being but one of them them), i have never attacked anyone for enjoying the show, and i dont appreciate the attempts at silencing my views by people who can't comprehend that not everyone sees things the same way they do.

Bottom line, there is absolutely no need for all this back and forth to exist. You'd think we were all 17 and screaming at each other that the xbox is better than a playstation. It's stupid, and wasteful. Stick to your opinions and stop tying to prove how "right" you are. You meaning those who engage this sort of behavior, not YOU.

I wasn't attacking anyone for not liking the show. I couldn't care less if you hate this change or that, it's some of the reasonings that I can't stand. I wasn't joking about someone calling D&D a misogynistic asshole for cutting Arianne. I didn't mean to attack your opinion, and I apologize for any personal offense I may have caused.

I wasn't attacking anyone for not liking the show. I couldn't care less if you hate this change or that, it's some of the reasonings that I can't stand. I wasn't joking about someone calling D&D a misogynistic asshole for cutting Arianne. I didn't mean to attack your opinion, and I apologize for any personal offense I may have caused.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. We CAN have a reasonable discussion if we remember to respect each others opinions. Apologies for my disparaging comment as well..

I don't care whether you like the show or not. I just want people to know what the standard is by which people judge the show and to me judging a tv adaptation ONLY by the source material is not a good idea in my opinion. Carry on, just as long as it's civil disagreements.

I just want people to know what the standard is by which people judge the books and to me judging a tv adaptation ONLY by the source material is not a good idea in my opinion.

I have read SO many posts by people who find fault in the show having to defend themselves against these types of comments. What makes you think they don't understand how adaptations work? There are many ways of going about the process. Its unreasonable, in my opinion, to think the GoT adaptation is the ONLY way of presenting the source material in a tv show. It's fair game to discuss other possible alternatives.

That was already ruined during the torture scenes. Reek looks very much like Theon. This whole "not recognizing a character" works much better in the books that it does in TV shows.

When Alfie took off his shirt, and D&D expected us to be horrified when he's still ripped and he has scratch marks FFS. Can't they at least put effort in and cover in in make-up/prosthetics?

When Alfie took off his shirt, and D&D expected us to be horrified when he's still ripped and he has scratch marks FFS. Can't they at least put effort in and cover in in make-up/prosthetics?

One could expect some effort from the actor too. Homeland's Brody looked more tortured.

All these 'extra' costs and worries could be resolved if they just sent Tycho to Kings Landing. Wasting time sending anyone to Braavos is bewildering. in fact they are only sending Mace to Braavos so Arya can kill Meryn Trant.

Spot on. I already discussed the problems with this Mace Tyrell fanfiction somewhere in the casting thread.

The worst part is that this is likely to be the least of the season 5 complaints. Like for example making Loras a fashionable gay without any 'When the sun has set.. etc' lines. They don't just muck up the major characters and major storylines, they also muck up the minor characters and minor storylines, often for no reason at all.

It's plausible that the IBOB has already sent a representative to KL already and that Cersei "mishandled" the meeting in her own lovely way. Just like in book canon the Crown would have their tail between their legs in their next sitdown with the IBOB and thus need to make the trek themselves.

Also by that same token you could say that Grrm just sent Harys Swyft to the IBOB so that Arya could kill Raff. There's more to it than just the vengeance and having Arya kill someone; it's an important break that Arya makes from what the Faceless Men want her to and it will likely have consequences. It make perfect sense for them to switch it to Meryn (because, you know, Raff doesn't exist in the show...) and it's a case of prudent rather than careless adaptation. Maybe you all haven't read the Mercy chapter but that's no excuse to indulge in pre-emptive critiques of s5.

Archived