Did this latest nude pics scandal enrage and disturb you too?

Malik Ambar

No, not really proof of that. That's like saying because some people enjoy BDSM, torture is not a big deal.

Some of the "targets" of this case will shrug it off and others will take it much worse. This has nothing to do with some other celebrities releasing nude pics on purpose.

Except this isn't torture, it's a leaked picture. Context is everything.

I've already acknowledged it is theft, theft is bad but I don't have it in me to be outraged over common theft.

Now if we say it's about more than theft, it's about privacy invasion.

I don't see outrage over privacy invasion when it's Donald Sterling being a racist, or Mel Gibson being a nutbag, or Alec Baldwin yelling at his daughter. Seems to be no outrage or guilt there.

The attitude is "hey it's not important if this was obtained illegally, the point is it's already out there so we are free to ogle it and judge a person based off of one private conversation or some photos, or anything that was intended to be private"

I am very angry and disturbed at it. But I am just as disturbed at all the victim blaming going on.

In a world where people are getting their heads cut off for being the wrong religion you are outraged by some scumbag uploading a bunch of nude pictures of someone you've never met on the internet?

1) If you take compromising pictures on a digital medium then there's always a risk of something like his happening (no accounting for stupid)

2) Literally thousands of such pictures are put up on the internet every day by disgruntled exes and the like. We of course save our anger for when embarrassing photos of famous people are leaked.

Numbers of f.cks given? Not too many if I'm being honest.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you really, personally, yourself, spend your whole life thinking about all the evil in the world and deciding you can't ever be annoyed or have any other feelings about anything else because there's people being tortured in basements somewhere, having their genitals mutilated in other places, being raped in other places, do you honestly think about these things all the time? I don't; otherwise I'd be even more depressed and killing my fucking self. No, when I read about a pet getting beaten to death I don't think to myself: "ahh I can't feel bad about this because somewhere there's a factory farm slaughtering loads of animals" when I read about kids being bullied in school i don't think to myself "oh i can't feel bad because there are children dying in other parts of the world" when i read a news story, i react to it, if there's something to react to, but I don't spend my life putting things on a fucking "emotions" scale from unpleasant to truly tragic. Oh, I'm sorry for thinking it's a shitty thing to do to steal a PERSONS personal photos and upload them. Yes, I also think about all the current tragedies of the world when I think about those too.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you really, personally, yourself, spend your whole life thinking about all the evil in the world and deciding you can't ever be annoyed or have any other feelings about anything else because there's people being tortured in basements somewhere, having their genitals mutilated in other places, being raped in other places, do you honestly think about these things all the time? I don't; otherwise I'd be even more depressed and killing my fucking self. No, when I read about a pet getting beaten to death I don't think to myself: "ahh I can't feel bad about this because somewhere there's a factory farm slaughtering loads of animals" when I read about kids being bullied in school i don't think to myself "oh i can't feel bad because there are children dying in other parts of the world" when i read a news story, i react to it, if there's something to react to, but I don't spend my life putting things on a fucking "emotions" scale from unpleasant to truly tragic. Oh, I'm sorry for thinking it's a shitty thing to do to steal a PERSONS personal photos and upload them. Yes, I also think about all the current tragedies of the world when I think about those too.

I think you need to calm down.

I think it's stupid to make such pictures, but everyone is well in their right to do it if it pleases them. Let's hope these scumbag hackers get a severe punishment for their crimes. And that people who blame the victim might learn to empathise more.

Also, lol at the discussion of 'outrage' here. As if outrage is a finite resource. Being outraged at this doesn't mean that you're okay with IS or all the other fucktards in the world. Not that it mathers anyway, your outrage is cheap and doesn't change fuck all in either case. If you want to change anything (whether it be to combat this type of crime or stop atrocities in Syria or Iraq), than go out there and make a difference. Go protest (and no, a like on FB isn't a protest), organize a carrot mob, join a political party, etc. But we won't, because in the end we're just a bunch of keyboardwarriors.

I think it's stupid to make such pictures, but everyone is well in their right to do it if it pleases them. Let's hope these scumbag hackers get a severe punishment for their crimes. And that people who blame the victim might learn to emphatise more.

You have to remember that actors are ridiculously busy. For example, I read an article that said Jennifer Lawrence didn't even have 2 days free last year and that a movie wanted to buy a day of her time to do some dub work and it cost more than the budget of the movie (they didn't do it and movie has been delayed for a year or two now). When you're constantly on the road, it's no surprise that someone would take these types of private pictures when in a relationship. Point is, I don't think it's stupid.

You have to remember that actors are ridiculously busy. For example, I read an article that said Jennifer Lawrence didn't even have 2 days free last year and that a movie wanted to buy a day of her time to do some dub work and it cost more than the budget of the movie (they didn't do it and movie has been delayed for a year or two now). When you're constantly on the road, it's no surprise that someone would take these types of private pictures when in a relationship. Point is, I don't think it's stupid.

Exactly. Naked pictures might be all the sexual contact they have in months.

I think you need to calm down.

Don't. Just don't.

Exactly. Naked pictures might be all the sexual contact they have in months.

Yeah, people in long distance relationships, or people who really aren't seeing their partner very often taking nude photos for them isn't wrong, or stupid, or anything to be ashamed of so I'm sorry to the 'outrage'' police in this thread for thinking it's a real shitty thing to do regardless of whether someone is a celebrity or not.

No, I just don't really care. It isn't a big deal. Tired of every little incident being turned into some Tumblr social justice cause.

I personally don't give a rats arse if you care or not, just don't use the bullshit ''oh there are worse things happening so it's dumb to care'' as if you have to feel adequate levels of outrage and save them for the juicy stuff.

Also, lol at the discussion of 'outrage' here. As if outrage is a finite resource. Being outraged at this doesn't mean that you're okay with IS or all the other fucktards in the world.

Yep.

Don't. Just don't.

Don't what? Am I really so out of line for suggesting you need to calm down when you're the only person getting so worked up you're swearing constantly and in an angry outburst while everyone else is discussing this relatively calmly?

You do seem to have trouble accepting other people can have their own opinions on how much an issue matters to them though, so me telling you to calm down is probably pointless.

I personally don't give a rats arse if you care or not, just don't use the bullshit ''oh there are worse things happening so it's dumb to care'' as if you have to feel adequate levels of outrage and save them for the juicy stuff.

Then you didn't understand what I said. But whatever, doesn't matter. Continue on with your little tirade.

you'd be perpetuating the invasion of their privacy. but i guess that doesn't matter if you get to see some tits, amirite?

Honestly I don't give a shit. Like already said in this thread there are far more important things to be outraged about. If you don't want your privacy invaded you shouldn't be posting nudes on social networks, even in private pass protected areas. Cloud is not secure, everything will get out eventually, especially if you are famous.

Archived