Martin's "Favorite Character" post.

Ser Daegon

I got so excited...then I got sad because this is the sort of news that makes us happy now...

Anyway, I think it's Theon. I know, I know, I love him too...but I'm afraid it's him. I also think we should put money on this.

I got so excited...then I got sad because this is the sort of news that makes us happy now...

Anyway, I think it's Theon. I know, I know, I love him too...but I'm afraid it's him. I also think we should put money on this.

I know what you mean....

Since GRRM seems to be finishing the book in the next few months (he talked about not being able to visit the GOT set this year b/c he had to write on winds but hoped he could visit the set early next year) it can be about any POV character except the main 6, Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Arya and Sansa. (I don't see any of them dieing before ADOS is halfway)

Perhaps also Sam is save, he'll be needed for ADOS.

All the others may die before the end of TWOW.

But Jaimy/Cercei/JonCon/Victarion/Arianne will most probably not die early in TWOW.

Theon/Brienne/Selmy most probably will die early in TWOW though perhaps someone like Theon may not die at all. (Let's be honest, he's death already.)

The other POV's aren't important enough write such a blog post about.

So my money is on Jaimy.
I think it's a character he may love b/c it's been there since the beginning, it's a special character b/c of the arch and I'm sure that GRRM loves what he did with Jaimy (like what he did with Theon).

And is Jaimy not most Gatsby like.... (apart from LF).

Loving something he can never (truely) have while dedicating his entire life to it in vain?

Theon, Davos or Victarion seems the most likely to me. All of them seem not long for the world of Westeros. Victarion needs to deliver his ships and horn, Theon make is final semi-redemptive sacrifice and Davos get Rickon back from Skagos and then their stories seem pretty well done.

Archived