Michael Brown shooting and civil unrest Goes Forth

Lord Flashheart

Christopher 2X is the go to spokesperson for pretty much any and all racial disputes in Louisville. Very rarely is commentary ever sought from the various elected minorities on the Metro Council. In my experience, every community has some version of this unelected spokesperson/community organizer.

He was known to have a history with marijuana, no? We can certainly debate the definition of "hard drug" but both are equally illegal. I was merely substituting one illegal drug for another in my example.

Seeing as the altercation had little to nothing to do with drug use, I'd say the illegality is pretty irrelevant. Its not like Darren Wilson feared for his life because Michael Brown so obviously high on weed and thus a raging superhuman maniac straight out of some Reefer Madness type shit.

That being said, considering the vastly different physiological effects of meth and marijuana, they are certainly not analogous.

Plus, the "weed=black drug, meth=white drug" line is kinda fucked up. This hypothetical white kid just as likely to have a history of smoking weed, and probably far less likely to have the assumed meth addiction.

Seeing as the altercation had little to nothing to do with drug use, I'd say the illegality is pretty irrelevant. Its not like Darren Wilson feared for his life because Michael Brown so obviously high on weed and thus a raging superhuman maniac straight out of some Reefer Madness type shit.

That being said, considering the vastly different physiological effects of meth and marijuana, they are certainly not analogous.

Plus, the "weed=black drug, meth=white drug" line is kinda fucked up. This hypothetical white kid just as likely to have a history of smoking weed, and probably far less likely to have the assumed meth addiction.

Your right, I don't think the altercation had anything to do with drug use. I think it had way more to do with the fact Brown was nervous about just robbing a convenience store.

Your right, I don't think the altercation had anything to do with drug use. I think it had way more to do with the fact Brown was nervous about just robbing a convenience store.

Which, of course, calls for a summary death sentence. Why couldn't the Ferguson PD just say so in the first place, save us all the effort?

Which, of course, calls for a summary death sentence. Why couldn't the Ferguson PD just say so in the first place, save us all the effort?

The fact he was nervous about just robbing a store doesn't call for a death sentence by any means. Sarcasm fail there... The way he reacted by assaulting an officer would be the reason he was shot initially. Then failure to comply after Wilson got it out the car.

He did test positive... You may be on to something.

Maybe, maybe not...considering THC or whatever compounds can last in ones system for weeks. Hell, the fact he was stealing blunts could suggest he wasn't high, simply looking to do so in the near future. But of course we all know how CRAZY marijuana withdrawals can make a person, so there is that...

Question, since when the fuck does attacking someone unarmed mean it okay to shoot you. Aren't cops trained to deal with that shit? Or are the cops in Ferguson just that incompetent?

Yeah they are trained to deal with that shit. It's called center mass. When someone is leaning over an officer, punching him in the face and trying to get his gun, your gonna be shot or tased. I think we can all agree on that. The question of excessive force comes after that, imo. The autopsy shows brown wasn't shot in the back, and witness testimony shows brown faces the officer and approaches after repeatedly being told to stop. Was excessive force used? A jury should determine that. Not a bunch of people on a message board.

Maybe, maybe not...considering THC or whatever compounds can last in ones system for weeks. Hell, the fact he was stealing blunts could suggest he wasn't high, simply looking to do so in the near future. But of course we all know how CRAZY marijuana withdrawals can make a person, so there is that...

Or it could suggest he didn't want to come down. Either way, Brown was aware of his previous activities. I would think that would make someone a little antsy when dealing with police a short time later

Yeah they are trained to deal with that shit. It's called center mass. When someone is leaning over an officer, punching him in the face and trying to get his gun, your gonna be shot or tased. I think we can all agree on that. The question of excessive force comes after that, imo. The autopsy shows brown wasn't shot in the back, and witness testimony shows brown faces the officer and approaches after repeatedly being told to stop. Was excessive force used? A jury should determine that. Not a bunch of people on a message board.

Who needs a grand jury. You clearly have it all figured out. I hadn't heard hero cop was punched in the face. Where did you get that info?

Also witness testimony shows brown was advancing when shot? By witness testimony you are talking about the hero cop again right?

Who needs a grand jury. You clearly have it all figured out. I hadn't heard hero cop was punched in the face. Where did you get that info?

Also witness testimony shows brown was advancing when shot? By witness testimony you are talking about the hero cop again right?

So you haven't been following the case, huh? Just getting most of your info from these guys. Well a few pages back, Nestor lays it out pretty well. Want me to post a link? Not that it would matter.

So you haven't been following the case, huh? Just getting most of your info from these guys. Well a few pages back, Nestor lays it out pretty well. Want me to post a link? Not that it would matter.

Why wouldn't it matter bro? Just trying to get the facts as you see them.

If you have any extra time could you educate me on the questions I asked?

Initial it was reported Wilson has a fractured orbital socket. Then it was retorted that it wasn't fractured, just swollen.

More like "trashy right wing pseudo-journalist faked an X-ray that supposedly showed a fractured orbital socket on Wilson, and claim was debunked in hours."

I believe Nestor lays out how this case is likely to be presented to a grand jury, not claiming any statement of illuminated Truth as to the precise action or intents of anyone involved. (Sadly, I think his assessment is very likely).

He seems to make no claims judging of right or wrong, true or false. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)

More like "trashy right wing pseudo-journalist faked an X-ray that supposedly showed a fractured orbital socket on Wilson, and claim was debunked in hours."

I guess he was just as wrong as those witnesses that said brown was on his knees with his hands raised, then shot in the back. Funny how personal agendas trump the truth

Archived