Michael Brown shooting and civil unrest Goes Forth

Lord Flashheart

Yeah, who in their right mind would protest at one of the biggest events in the county? Everyone knows that the best protests are done when nobody sees you protesting. They should have done it at the library or something.

If the Cardinals were in any way involved then by all means, protest at a Cardinals game. As it is, shouldn't you be protesting at the police station, or in front of the Mayors mansion, or at the City Hall, or any number of places that make sense for a protest? "We are mad at the police so we are going to protest at a Baseball game" doesn't make much sense to me. Abortion protesters protest abortions at abortion clinics. Makes sense. Westro Baptist Church protests gay people at funerals of straight soldiers. Doesn't make much sense. I don't think I am out of line with this train of thought.

Hey didn't daskool or Gear of the Beast or someone just told us that this sort of ugliness comes from online anonymity? Looks like it also, like, exist in real life, where, you know, it affects people in real and direct ways. Who'd have thunk?

If the Cardinals were in any way involved then by all means, protest at a Cardinals game. As it is, shouldn't you be protesting at the police station, or in front of the Mayors mansion, or at the City Hall, or any number of places that make sense for a protest? "We are mad at the police so we are going to protest at a Baseball game" doesn't make much sense to me. Abortion protesters protest abortions at abortion clinics. Makes sense. Westro Baptist Church protests gay people at funerals of straight soldiers. Doesn't make much sense. I don't think I am out of line with this train of thought.

I take it that you know virtually nothing about the history of civil rights protests then?

Abortion protesters protest pretty much everywhere. They've been flooding Tea Party rallies for over 5 years, which as you say, "doesn't make much sense".

There are no rules on where to hold a protest and it's common that they are held where people can, you know, see them.

Abortion protesters protest pretty much everywhere. They've been flooding Tea Party rallies for over 5 years, which as you say, "doesn't make much sense".

There are no rules on where to hold a protest and it's common that they are held where people can, you know, see them.

So the Micheal Brown protesters put themselves in the same company as crazy Abortion Protesters and Westro Baptist Church. Congrats dummies. Great company.

So the Micheal Brown protesters put themselves in the same company as crazy Abortion Protesters and Westro Baptist Church. Congrats dummies. Great company.

You're going through some impressive logical leaps just to talk shit about some people protesting police brutality and institutional racism. Great company.

DIsappointingly, it seems the reports of a major voter registration surge in Ferguson weren't true. Apparently the St. Louis County Board of Elections made an ill-timed tabulation error, and rather than there being 3,287 new registrations since the shooting, there have only been 128. For context, there were a total of 12,096 registered voters prior to the shooting, with a total population of 21,203.

You're going through some impressive logical leaps just to talk shit about some people protesting police brutality and institutional racism. Great company.

What logical leaps? "Protest the people who did the wrong" counts as a massive logical leap?

1. You asked why they were protesting at a Cardinals game.

2. What should have already been obvious was then pointed out to you, that people tend to protest where it will gain widespread attention.

3. You claimed abortion protestors only protest at abortion clinics and brought up Westboro Baptist.

4. The fact that you were wrong about abortion protestors was then called out as was your seeming ignorance around civil unrest in this country.

5. You make an inane logical leap to compare protestors calling attention to very serious issues with the two nut job groups you brought into the discussion all while missing the overall point.

:cheers:

You brought up abortion and WBC protesters, you are putting them in the same company. Now, why you're doing it? I'm not sure.

1. You asked why they were protesting at a Cardinals game.

2. What should have already been obvious was then pointed out to you, that people tend to protest where it will gain widespread attention.

3. You claimed abortion protestors only protest at abortion clinics and brought up Westboro Baptist.

4. The fact that you were wrong about abortion protestors was then called out as was your seeming ignorance around civil unrest in this country.

5. You make an inane logical leap to compare protestors calling attention to very serious issues with the two nut job groups you brought into the discussion all while missing the overall point.

:cheers:

2 - And smart protesters protest at the spots that did the thing they are protesting.

4 - Maybe it was unstated but I meant the abortion protesters that I see and am familiar with. Regardless I've never seen an abortion protester at a ball game.

5 - The overall point that we are supposed to respect people who do weird things, like protest ball games when they are mad at the police?

Look I got a little bit of irreverence in me. If there were people protesting at a ball game, about something that has nothing to do with the ball game, I would troll them too.

You brought up abortion and WBC protesters, you are putting them in the same company. Now, why you're doing it? I'm not sure.

Just protest the actual people who did the actual crime and I'm good. I don't agree with abortion protesters but I'm okay with them protesting an abortion clinic. If they started protesting at a ball game then they are going to get, maybe rightfully, some static.

I don't think it's necessarily that the protesters received static, but the fact that the static they received was reprehensible.

Yup. A bunch of ignorant white St Louisans basically showing why the protests about racial discrimination are pretty valid.

Good to know. Hopefully people will check in with you and the scumbag cardinal fans next time they want to peacefully assemble to make sure it's ok with you guys.

If they forget go ahead and remind them for me.

Yeah, shitty, but why are the protesting at a Cardinals game again?

Good question! It makes no sense other than to agitate and annoy people that had nothing to do with Michael Brown. But they were white, so they were still guilty...

The video opens with protesters chanting about tearing shit down! It's funny how at first these fans are just kind of watching, then they just want these people to shut up. Some woman even asks them why they are there at that location! It's the same woman who says she doesn't believe the camera man is a marine. She's called a racist by said camera man after she walks away, even though she never says one thing that could be considered racist!

It doesn't take long to see how biased the link is, thank God. After the crowd quickly gets annoyed, the start the Wilson chant in response to the "protestors". At the 7:50 mark, you can clearly hear a protester beside the camera dude yelling, " suck my dick" to people that disagree with him. So mature, I wonder why they aren't being taken more seriously!? It happens again at the 9:50 mark. At the 9:00, security tells the mature protestor, hey there may be kids out here... The sad thing is he's to dumb to realize this himself.

15:00- crowd chants "USA, USA.." with protesters responding " fuck em" in between

20:20- Protestors try baiting a guy by asking if he supports Wilson. His response, " No cops should be shooting kids, but what you're doing isn't helping one bit." I hear ya bro.

20:35- A fan says, "why don't you go back to your neighborhood and tear shit up", the response from a female protestor, " how bout we tear your shit up". Once again, "peaceful" protest at its finest.

21:00- The protester that seems to want oral from everyone is yelling, " we are peacefully protesters" as ignorant as that sounds. To which a fan responds, "peaceful protesters tell people to such their dicks?". We're still waiting for the response...

And finally, at the 22:55 mark, the camera guy has to tell a protester to stop saying the word " tard". Apparently, the camera dude has a family member who is mentally challenged and he wanted the protester to use another word. So, the pretesters even managed to offend their own camera guy! These people should try getting smarter

Archived