What if the Targaryens perished in the Doom?

Game Of Thrones

I wouldn't think so. Their idea of prudent castle building just doesnt strike me as "smart" and/or "sane"...

Beyond that I doubt the Ironmen would be capable of truly extending their power beyond the riverlands and the western coasts. Their military really isnt set up very well for holding territory not directly accesible by ships.

I wouldn't think so. Their idea of prudent castle building just doesnt strike me as "smart" and/or "sane"...

Beyond that I doubt the Ironmen would be capable of truly extending their power beyond the riverlands and the western coasts. Their military really isnt set up very well for holding territory not directly accesible by ships.

The Hoares held Duskendale on the other side of the continent, and Harrenhal isn't very accessible either.

Not much would change. Westeros would continue on a path of none stop warfare. The borders of different regions would expand and detract but for the most part everything would probably be the same as it had been for the past 4,000 years.

Volantis might have become the next biggest Empire if Aegon wasn't around to fight against them.

The 7K would still stay the 7K with the stormlands possibly swallowed up by the Reach.

Would the Hoares be ruling over much of Westeros?

The Reach could hold them back, and the North would be protected from their land forces along with the Vale.

The Velaryons would have been the family that survived and became the only Dragonmasters

They had no dragons until after Rhaenys married into the Velaryons, and her kids got dragons by virtue of being Targaryens on their mother's side. The Targaryens were said to be solely the last dragonriders.

Not much would change. Westeros would continue on a path of none stop warfare. The borders of different regions would expand and detract but for the most part everything would probably be the same as it had been for the past 4,000 years.

Volantis might have become the next biggest Empire if Aegon wasn't around to fight against them.

This.

Sounds about right to me.

Archived