Three Horns?

The Drowned Prophet

So it seems there are three horns which have been mentioned up to this point.

Horn 1

Euron has one at the Kingsmoot which he eventually gives to Victarion, who has just arrived with it in Slaver's Bay. He intends to use it during the forthcoming battle. Moqorro claims the Valyrian glyphs say;

"I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood"

which seems to be consistent with what the warlocks who Euron most likely got Dragonbinder from have said. So it is likely a horn connected with dragons. It is not clear how the horn works beyond that, Moqorro also mentions it must be claimed with blood. Does it mean only certain people (not mortal) can blow it?

Horn 2

Jon finds a horn at the Fist of the First Men, which he eventually gives to Samwell, who has just arrived at Oldtown/the Citadel.

Many believe this to be the Horn of Joramun. I agree with this since it makes the most sense. What are the likely effects of blowing the horn? Waking giants? Bringing the wall down? Will it work from Oldtown?

Horn 3

This is the less likely one. From Davos we are told there is a horn that can summon krakens from the deep on Claw Isle, along with a Valyrian steel axe.

Do people think anything will come of this? It sounds perfect for Victarion! Wishful thinking; it would be awesome if he left Meereen with a dragon then hit up Claw Isle to get a kraken horn and a Valyrian steel axe, summoned a kraken then showed Euron what a storm really is!

Victarion aside, Will all three horns be utilised in TWOW? I think Dragonbinder will almost certainly be used, Sam's horn is a maybe and the kraken horn unlikely, but here's hoping.

Archived