Ray's theories for The Winds of Winter

rebel to conform

Hi all,

This is my first post, so I thought I'd make it count. Here are some speculations for the next book. Maybe one of them will actually happen? Who knows! Constructive criticism would be much appreciated. =)

From the wall down...

THE WALL

Jon survives with the help of Melisandre, but is confined to a bed. The wildlings attack the Night’s Watch with the help of a returned Mance Rayder who has been plotting with Melisandre. Mance had written the “pink letter” in an attempt to lure Jon out of Castle Black and save him from the oncoming attack. They overthrow the Night’s Watch and begin preparing for an attack by the Others. I think Melisandre will eventually confront an Other, and be killed.

SKAGOS

Davos tries to smuggle Rickon off Skagos and is killed by Shaggydog at some point. Rickon and Osha return to Westeros with Davos's boat.

WINTERFELL

Stannis’s army is greeted by the Manderly’s, who have defeated the Freys, waving a white flag. Together they return to Winterfell. They find Roose Bolton and Walda Frey flayed and the castle deserted. Ramsay has escaped. The Manderlys hold Winterfell under Stannis's name, but are secretly waiting until a Stark returns. Theon and Asha stay with Stannis as he turns his sights on King's Landing.

THE VALE

Littlefinger is traveling around with Sansa and Robin. Littlefinger has been bedding Sansa, though she convinces him to not get her pregnant, telling him that she wants to wait until they are married, and tells everyone she is still a virgin. She claims to want to wait a year until the Lords Declarent see that he is fit to rule the Vale.

THE RIVERLANDS

Jaime will be brought before Lady Stoneheart and sentenced to death. However, Brienne attacks whoever is with them, and she frees Jaime. Now they have each saved each other’s life. They vow to Lady Stoneheart to go after her children.

KING'S LANDING

Cersei’s trial by combat goes awry when her champion is asked to remove his helmet. When the zombified Gregor Clegane is discovered, she is sentenced to death. Before that can happen, Aegon will take King’s Landing. Tommen and Cersei will be captured and held prisoner, and Aegon will be crowned king. Arianne marries Aegon.

DORNE

Trystanne and Myrcella are married. (I'm sure more will happen, but I don't know what.)

BRAAVOS

Arya is sent to assassinate someone who is vying to be the new Sealord of Braavos. She is then sent to Westeros to kill either Ramsay or Melisandre.

MEEREEN

Victarion and the Ironborn defeat the Yunkish and capture Barriston. When they encounter the Unsullied, they demand Daenerys. Ser Barriston tells them she isn’t there, but has fled with her dragon. Victarion decides to make Barriston blow the horn to bring her back. However, it doesn’t kill him, but rather Rhaegal comes to Barriston and obeys his commands, killing a bunch of Ironborn before Daenerys shows up with Drogon. Having Victarion’s journey completely fail is too much like Quentyn’s failed quest, so I think Moqorro convinces Victarion to team up with Daenerys/Barriston/The Unsullied and take them to Westeros. Daenerys convinces Victarion to attack King’s Landing in her name with the help of the Unsullied and Dothraki while she stays in Mereen. He thinks he’s going to win her heart, but Daenerys is playing him. Tyrion decides to stay with Daenerys and pledges his loyalty to her. On the journey to Westeros, Victarion encounters Marwyn sailing the other way. Moqorro warns Victarion that he is evil, and Victarion attempts to capture Marwyn, however Marwyn causes a storm which wrecks the Iron fleet.

Hi interesting post and some ideas I've not heard before.

I'm gonna go straight to the winterfell part.

I've read a few theories and threads about the upcoming battle at the crofters village. Stannis is at a lake and they have fished it to death so it's full of holes. This has got to play some part when the Freya and manderleys attack. My guess is the Freys will steam in first and get caught in the ice and stannis and the manderleys will then team up and attack from both sides of the lake.

Stannis then tells a few of the manaderley men to return to winterfell with his sword.. Telling Roose that they defeated him but all the Freys were slain as well as most if them. Roose falls for it and let's them in then later the rest of the manaderleys plus stannis and his men attack winterfell and the manderleys men inside open the gate. Boom.

What you think?

I don't think Davos will die on Skagos either he has a greater role to play in the stories.

Maybe he find Rickon and take him and Osha back to White Harbour to relative safety.

The he and Robert Glover team up with some of the Whiite Harbour fleet for a surprise attack on the dreadfort.

That would be nice.

Welcome to the boards

The holes in the ice at the crofter's village does make an interesting idea. It fits with what Stannis said in Theon's WoW chapter; "We hold the ground, and that I mean to turn to our advantage."

I could see the Manderlys trying to pull a fast one on Roose Bolton, but it feels like a plan that would be doomed to fail. I feel like there's going to be more plot twists involving the Boltons.

Yeah, Shaggydog killing Davos is a bit of a stretch. It will depend on who exactly Rickon has become. The fact that they've played up Osha in the show makes me think she won't allow him to become too savage... unless Rickon kills her. Rickon really is a wildcard, and Davos is one of my favorite characters. I'm really excited to see what happens on Skagos.

That's what I hope happens at Winterfell but those bloody Boltons won't get done that easily by Stannis I fear.

Good point about Rickon thou I think his Pov will be seen through The Davos chapters. Will be interesting to see what happens to him when him and bran split and how they got to Skagos. Hopefully Davos will be a father figure to him.

I doubt Shaggydog kills Davos. He might growl and act aggressive toward Davos, but not kill him; once he realizes Davos isn't a threat to Rickon.

Welcome to the boards

Tyrion wasn't a threat to Rickon, either, but Shaggy and his brothers would have devoured him without a thought, had someone not stopped them.

WINTERFELL

Stannis’s army is greeted by the Manderly’s, who have defeated the Freys, waving a white flag. Together they return to Winterfell. They find Roose Bolton and Walda Frey flayed and the castle deserted. Ramsay has escaped. The Manderlys hold Winterfell under Stannis's name, but are secretly waiting until a Stark returns. Theon and Asha stay with Stannis as he turns his sights on King's Landing.

You mean an rainbow flag, don't you? ;)

Why would Theon be still alive?

What, do the Manderlys bring back Renly's ghost? And they won't sacrifice Theon if the battle is already won.

Isn't the rainbow flag the flag of peace in Westeros?

I might be wrong about that but Theon was never meant as a sacrifice. The Northern lords demanded his execution for what he did to the Stark kids.

Hi interesting post and some ideas I've not heard before.

I'm gonna go straight to the winterfell part.

I've read a few theories and threads about the upcoming battle at the crofters village. Stannis is at a lake and they have fished it to death so it's full of holes. This has got to play some part when the Freya and manderleys attack. My guess is the Freys will steam in first and get caught in the ice and stannis and the manderleys will then team up and attack from both sides of the lake.

Stannis then tells a few of the manaderley men to return to winterfell with his sword.. Telling Roose that they defeated him but all the Freys were slain as well as most if them. Roose falls for it and let's them in then later the rest of the manaderleys plus stannis and his men attack winterfell and the manderleys men inside open the gate. Boom.

What you think?

pretty much what i expect. And Ramsay writes the pink letter

I had forgotten about this, but I did remember that in the TV series Shaggydog is shown as being really aggressive, when he attacks Osha in the crypts of Winterfell.

Then again, it's possible Shaggydog knows something we don't. Maybe Tyrion IS a threat to Rickon and we just don't know it yet. After all, Tyrion now has a claim to Winterfell, which depends largely on all the heirs before Sansa being dead. And maybe Osha, through no fault of her own even, gets Rickon killed. The wolves are usually right about these things, so if Shaggydog does attack Davos, it's because Davos is going to lead Rickon into terrible danger. Stannis might actually be a hideous threat to Rickon, for all we know. Of course, if Rickon's wolf kills Davos, Stannis might be a big threat even if he wasn't before.

I recall GRRM said no new POV's, no Tyrell POV's, and no Reed POV's.

Archived