Ray's theories for The Winds of Winter

rebel to conform

I could see the Manderlys trying to pull a fast one on Roose Bolton, but it feels like a plan that would be doomed to fail. I feel like there's going to be more plot twists involving the Boltons.

Manderly is def. going to turn on the Freys/Boltons:

“Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”

He also has that big ass fleet he has been building since Ned's third or fourth chapter in GoT.

Littlefinger is traveling around with Sansa and Robin. Littlefinger has been bedding Sansa, though she convinces him to not get her pregnant, telling him that she wants to wait until they are married, and tells everyone she is still a virgin. She claims to want to wait a year until the Lords Declarent see that he is fit to rule the Vale.

Hate to break it to you, but that's not how biology works, mate.

Anyway, good to see you've been wondering about the future. Not sure if I agree with most of your assessements, but they are reasonable ideas.

Welcome to the boards!

The idea that comes closest to what I agree with is either Boltons or Freys being lured into the over fished lake, but according to Patchface, they're likely to come back as wights.

I don't see any kind of Sansa/LF shipping happening...she's been pretty squicked out by him from the start. I think it's more likely she will develop a friendship with Myranda Royce, and maybe others in the Vale but keeps things on the down low because of hard lessons learned in KL about trusting people. The whole Riverlands/Vale storylines could go into so many directions at this point.

No new POV's., so Davos will still be around for a bit, especially if we need more info on Skagos.

Nice ideas! For Davos I believe he will manage to go to Winderfel wth Rickon and Osha and then is killed by Northmen who got their Stark king back.

As for Sansa I believe near the end she will be forced to return to KL only to find it captured by Aegon and Cersei now will be his hostage.I don't think she will have sex with LF even though it is possible she tells him to wait for the 1 year to pass.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have been following ASOIF for quite some time now, but this is my first post here.

I have some predictions that i have been thinking about for quite sometime now. Request all to please consider these and discuss their merits:

1) Cercei Lannister will survive her Trial by Combat. To be later killed by Arya stark

2) Margery will be either killed by Cercei or will loose the trial.

3) Stannis will win the Iron throne ( and will loose his family and loved ones in the process.. probably sacrifice), but his reign will be short lived as Dany will invade westeros soon after.

4) Dany will kill Stannis.

5) John Snow will kill Ramsey / Roose bolton.

6) Walder Frey will be killed by Lady Stone Heart

7) Peter Baylish will be killed by Sansa (May be inderectly as she will become more cunning than him)

8) There will be a war with the Others in the North. (Around the same time as the invasion of Dany)

9) Brandon Stark will use his warging abilities to warg into Drogon and use Dragon Fire to kill the others and win the war.

10) Tyrion will become the Lord of Casterly Rock

11) Bran / Rickon will become Lord of winterfell.

12) Sansa will be queen (probably of the vale)

13) Arya will continue in the Faceless Men fraternity

14) John snow will be revealed to be the son of Lyanaa stark and Rehgar Targaryan. And will continue serving as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch

15) *** BIG MAYBE*** Bran may continue living north of the wall and will become the king beyond the wall, and will become the protector of the Free people and the children of the forest.

Thats all I have as of now.. would love to hear your views on these speculations.

Ciao.

Hi interesting post and some ideas I've not heard before.

I'm gonna go straight to the winterfell part.

I've read a few theories and threads about the upcoming battle at the crofters village. Stannis is at a lake and they have fished it to death so it's full of holes. This has got to play some part when the Freya and manderleys attack. My guess is the Freys will steam in first and get caught in the ice and stannis and the manderleys will then team up and attack from both sides of the lake.

Stannis then tells a few of the manaderley men to return to winterfell with his sword.. Telling Roose that they defeated him but all the Freys were slain as well as most if them. Roose falls for it and let's them in then later the rest of the manaderleys plus stannis and his men attack winterfell and the manderleys men inside open the gate. Boom.

What you think?

I think the same will happen.

I doubt Shaggydog kills Davos. He might growl and act aggressive toward Davos, but not kill him; once he realizes Davos isn't a threat to Rickon.

Welcome to the boards

Davos won't die, because who would then narrate for the stuff happening on Skagos? The plot armor is strong with that one.

Hi All,

I have been following ASOIF for quite some time now, but this is my first post here.

I have some predictions that i have been thinking about for quite sometime now. Request all to please consider these and discuss their merits:

1) Cercei Lannister will survive her Trial by Combat. To be later killed by Arya stark

2) Margery will be either killed by Cercei or will loose the trial.

3) Stannis will win the Iron throne ( and will loose his family and loved ones in the process.. probably sacrifice), but his reign will be short lived as Dany will invade westeros soon after.

4) Dany will kill Stannis.

5) John Snow will kill Ramsey / Roose bolton.

6) Walder Frey will be killed by Lady Stone Heart

7) Peter Baylish will be killed by Sansa (May be inderectly as she will become more cunning than him)

8) There will be a war with the Others in the North. (Around the same time as the invasion of Dany)

9) Brandon Stark will use his warging abilities to warg into Drogon and use Dragon Fire to kill the others and win the war.

10) Tyrion will become the Lord of Casterly Rock

11) Bran / Rickon will become Lord of winterfell.

12) Sansa will be queen (probably of the vale)

13) Arya will continue in the Faceless Men fraternity

14) John snow will be revealed to be the son of Lyanaa stark and Rehgar Targaryan. And will continue serving as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch

15) *** BIG MAYBE*** Bran may continue living north of the wall and will become the king beyond the wall, and will become the protector of the Free people and the children of the forest.

Thats all I have as of now.. would love to hear your views on these speculations.

Ciao.

That's way too much of a happy ending to happen. I'm pretty sure quite a few of the *heroes* will die before the end of the story. Jon, Stannis, Tyrion and Bran come to mind.

If anything, I imagine a bittersweet ending with The Wall falling, someone unexpected sitting on the Iron Throne and one or two *villains* making it out alive in the end. However, the Others will definitely be destroyed.

Archived