No Bran or Hodor? [likely spoilers]

Lord Martin

The first one stating Bran will appear was posted today and is referring to an interview given by Issac Hempstead-Wright. The article saying he would be absent was posted several days ago and was referring to an interview given by Kristian Nairn (Hodor) and was is entirely based on one quote, "We have a year off." The we probably refers to him and Ellie Kendrick (Meera). Also, you could find the story here:

Of all the possible things that could be complained about in Game of Thrones, the ages of the actors are nowhere near the top of my list. I'd prefer it if they just didn't bother to give their ages from this point forward but that doesn't really bother me either. I'm more concerned about the writing, which I think has sunk to all new lows.

the next time we see him season 6 2016 he will be 17..

Isaac Hempstead born 1999...took role of Bran in 2011

That's not true. He couldn't have taken the role in 2001 since he was in the first season, which aired in 2011 and was shot the year before, while the pilot was shot in 2009. He was 10.

It's only speculated that he will not be in season 5. I find it unlikely.

And he will not be 17 in season 6. He will be 16, because season 6 will be shot in 2015.

But maybe you should keep complaining that they didn't cast a 6-year old actor as the 1O-year old Bran back in 2009, so he could be 12 in season 6... :rolleyes:

Of all the possible things that could be complained about in Game of Thrones, the ages of the actors are nowhere near the top of my list. I'd prefer it if they just didn't bother to give their ages from this point forward but that doesn't really bother me either. I'm more concerned about the writing, which I think has sunk to all new lows.

And of all the possible ages of actors on Game of Thrones, it is really ironic that someone would complain about the ages of the only cast members who were the same ages as their characters when they were cast.

:D

The only bit of the shows writing that has really disappointed me were the stupid screeching skeletons and fireballs - they just didn't fit the overall tone and were not properly foreshadowed.

re Bran - it's not really an issue, yea, kids age - I'm just noting that, to my eyes, Bran's face has aged a lot. It doesn't matter that he is lying down - the shape of his face has matured more in 4 years than the shape of Sansa's or Arya's, to my eyes and I have a concern that his face will mature even more over the next year or so, so that, if he takes a year off, when we next see him we might be thinking 'Woah, Bran went and became a full grown man somehow when we weren't looking'

That already kind of happened with Sophie Turner. She suddenly got really tall relative to the cast members that she was normally paired with. And while she doesn't necessarily look like she's aged much over the past 4 years, she definitely doesn't look like a 14 year old anymore (or however old Sansa is supposed to be now on the show). She looks like an 18 year old.

True, it did strike me funny when Sansa told Tyrion she was 14 on their wedding night. I was half expecting Tyrion to go, "Yea right, if you're still 14, then I'm 7 feet tall".

She was 16 when she was filming season 3. Sansa was presumably almost 15 (since she was 12, about to turn 13, in the book at that point).

Sansa is about 15 on the show now since she was 13 at the beginning as two years must have passed. The last time we saw her on screen (season 4), Sophie was 17 (that's how old she was when she filmed it).

Is it unbelievable for a 17-year old to play a 15-year old? (More than, say, for a 26-year old to play a 17-year old?) I don't know. But even if it is, it's not because of height, since most girls reach their full height around 14-15.

She was 16 when she was filming season 3. Sansa was presumably almost 15 (since she was 12, about to turn 13, in the book at that point).

Sansa is about 15 on the show now since she was 13 at the beginning as two years must have passed. The last time we saw her on screen (season 4), Sophie was 17 (that's how old she was when she filmed it).

Is it unbelievable for a 17-year old to play a 15-year old? (More than, say, for a 26-year old to play a 17-year old?) I don't know. But even if it is, it's not because of height, since most girls reach their full height around 14-15.

I'm older - I guess I think of 14 like a little girl :D

Sansa always looked older than 14 in the show to me though - if her age was never disclosed, I would have just thought she went from 16 - 19 or something. Same as Dany, I thought she started around 16/17 and was 20ish by Season 4. Arya I thought started around 9ish and was supposed to be 13 or so by Season 4. Bran I thought started around 7ish.

I've been reading the books now, so I know how old they are supposed to be and that the show bumped them all up by a couple of years.

None of the 'child actors' look like children to me, not even Arya.

And they look like adults then? You're absolutely deranged

Bran did look like a boy to me at the start - but I agree that none of the others looked like children, even in Season 1.

Seriously? Maisie Williams is 17 and still looks about 12 in the show

So a 13-year old, a 12-year old and a 10-year old didn't look like children to you?

You are aware that they were the exact ages their characters were supposed to be?

Incorrect, Bran was 7 at the start of the books and 10 in the show

Seriously? Maisie Williams is 17 and still looks about 12 in the show

Yea, Arya did look like a little girl to me at the start. Still does.

Actually, thinking back to their introductions - it seemed like there was a gap between the 3 youngest (Rickon, Bran & Aria) and the 2 elest (Robb & Sansa). I intitally thought Robb & Sansa were made before Ned went to war and the others were made afterward.

Season 1 Bran was adorable. Now he's more of a gangly teenager and not so adorable. But why would anybody expect that Bran should still be an adorable child at this point? Bran has had a really rough 3 years. And his story will have him delving further and further into magic. His appearance should change.

Archived