College Football 2014: Hurry Up No Huddle comment posting

Rhom

Very interested in this Auburn-K State game. I think Auburn ran about 3 wins above expectation last year, and don't believe they're going to regress to the mean this year (a la Notre Dame last year).

Old man Snyder can coach, and I don't think Auburn has the type of speed that his teams can't handle. That would be a huge win for either team.

Very interested in this Auburn-K State game. I think Auburn ran about 3 wins above expectation last year, and don't believe they're going to regress to the mean this year (a la Notre Dame last year).

Old man Snyder can coach, and I don't think Auburn has the type of speed that his teams can't handle. That would be a huge win for either team.

Yep, I think it is an interesting match up of contrasting styles. Should be a fun game.

I'm going to New York City this weekend and I'm going to end up missing at least some of the OU / WVU game. Probably the second half of it. I'm actually a little distraught about that. I guess I'll set my DVR at home, but it just won't be the same.

Yep, I think it is an interesting match up of contrasting styles. Should be a fun game.

I'm going to New York City this weekend and I'm going to end up missing at least some of the OU / WVU game. Probably the second half of it. I'm actually a little distraught about that. I guess I'll set my DVR at home, but it just won't be the same.

Heh, I was in New York for the game last year.

This game scares the shit out of me. Thursday night in Manhattan against a fundamentally sound Bill Snyder coached team screams upset to me.

We are going to score some points, but Nick Marshall can be very careless with the football - running or throwing. If we are - 2 or more in the TO category (which is very possible), we lose this game.

Minus the TOs, I think it comes down to our DL. We can set the edge with the best of them, but we don't have a great edge rusher. Most of our sacks come from the DTs and the blitzers. If we get out of our gaps looking for a big play, Waters's legs will kill us on 3rd down. Which keeps our offense off the field and gasses our defense. If we can play smart and play our assignments and use good eye discipline, we should be okay. But what team can do that for four quarters? I don't think we've played a fundamentally sound defensive game since Tuberville was fired six years ago. Which brings me back to "this game scares the shit out of me."

Senator Claire McCaskill spouting off about Bob Stoops taking Dorial Green-Beckham

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/09/16/ncaa-football-mccaskill-stoops-mizzou-abuse-women-column/15688081/

This kind of stuff just grinds my gears. Why is a senator yelling and screaming about a college giving a second chance to a 20 year old kid? Stoops is one of the highest character guys in college football, and has an impeccable record regarding discipline. Pisses me off to no end that a senator from ANOTHER STATE is publicly trashing him about stuff she has absolutely no clue on. The lynch mob is out in full effect.

WVU just suspended one of our best DB's indefinitely for an incident over the weekend where he grabbed a woman by the neck at a club and pushed her down. 'Indefinite suspension' right now but if formal charges are filed I reckon he's gone.

Not that it is ever OK, but with the Ray Rice mess in the news this week... what the fuck man? You'd think there would at least be a heightened sense of self-awareness.

Domestic violence is a serious problem for football players and Oklahoma is showing they do not care about the issue. McCaskill is hardly yelling and screaming in that article.

How does giving a kid a second chance show they don't care about domestic violence? They have shown they care about the issue. One of the highest rated recruits in the history of the school was arrested for assault on a woman this offseason. A week before the incident Stoops had gone on national television stating that the kid could start. Before the whole Ray Rice thing exploded, Stoops removed him completely from the team for a year, and set conditions he has to meet in order to be reinstated.

They applied for the waiver for Green-Beckham, but that does not mean he would not have subjected him to discipline even if it was granted. I can't recall a single incident in which a player was arrested for anything more serious than a traffic ticket and he did not suspend the player.

How does giving a kid a second chance show they don't care about domestic violence? They have shown they care about the issue. One of the highest rated recruits in the history of the school was arrested for assault on a woman this offseason. A week before the incident Stoops had gone on national television stating that the kid could start. Before the whole Ray Rice thing exploded, Stoops removed him completely from the team for a year, and set conditions he has to meet in order to be reinstated.

They applied for the waiver for Green-Beckham, but that does not mean he would not have subjected him to discipline even if it was granted. I can't recall a single incident in which a player was arrested for anything more serious than a traffic ticket and he did not suspend the player.

It's pretty funny that when it's a player on your team he's a kid getting a second chance. But Winston, for example, is irredeemable scum. Your homerism is very amusing.

Winston at this point is on like his fifth chance.

I'm not defending Winston. I'm simply saying that I've seen sperry call people scum very quickly, for having been accused of the same or less than the player he posted about. My post was an observation. If it's not homerism, what is it?

Winston is only hurting himself. I think he's got enough questionable shit flowing around out there that it raises some serious questions about his character - his common sense at the very least. Think that will hurt his draft stock at all? With all the PR issues the NFL is having lately Winston oughtta be laying reaaallly fucking low off the field.

I'm not defending Winston. I'm simply saying that I've seen sperry call people scum very quickly, for having been accused of the same or less than the player he posted about. My post was an observation. If it's not homerism, what is it?

Who did I call scum?

I think he's an idiot, I think he should face some real punishment, but I dont' think he shoudl be kicked off the team or banished from playing football ever again.

And I certainly won't deny being a homer.

Auburn's starting FS is suspended for this game for "arguing heatedly" with an assistant coach. He wasn't the best safety, but he is our season leader in picks, and he is the guy who called the coverages in the secondary. I'm expecting to see a few busted assignments from our defensive backfield tonight. I'm officially worried about this game. Kansas State's stud WR Lockett doesn't need any help looking great. Unless our young guys step up in a big way or our DL just destroys their OL, KS is going to make this game a shoot out.

Who did I call scum?

I think he's an idiot, I think he should face some real punishment, but I dont' think he shoudl be kicked off the team or banished from playing football ever again.

And I certainly won't deny being a homer.

Winston. You also called at least one other player the same, but I don't recall his name. I'd look through your posts if your posting frequency was more like mine, but you're a little too prolific for me to take the time. I just wanted to point it out. No big deal; your homerism just amuses me sometimes.Your SEC hate and love of Bradford (your true identity?) are entertaining. But I do think that petitioning to allow that player to play this year was a little much. And I was surprised to see you take the stance you did.

Winston. You also called at least one other player the same, but I don't recall his name. I'd look through your posts if your posting frequency was more like mine, but you're a little too prolific for me to take the time. I just wanted to point it out. No big deal; your homerism just amuses me sometimes.Your SEC hate and love of Bradford (your true identity?) are entertaining. But I do think that petitioning to allow that player to play this year was a little much. And I was surprised to see you take the stance you did.

I think they would have suspended him for some games had he been granted the waiver (obviously I don't know that for a fact.) But that's consistent with how Stoops has handled discipline in the past.

And, I went back through all my posts from the beginning of May. The only person I referred to as anything similar to "scum" was Marshall Henderson, who I called a "colossal piece of shit."

I am an unapologetic homer, but I tend to think most people are deserving of second chances, regardless of where they are from or went to school, and also am really not big on the mob justice we're seeing now. Yes, I understand that it's resulting from the NFL's failure to police their player's conduct, but I'm not big on angry internet people screaming "off with their heads" and having them be listened to.

Archived