Why is Tystane Martell heir of Dorne? on the show?

Black Dragons

Because the books are so bloated with plots and characters, some things just got to be cut. The show doesn't waste time with pointless scenes and filler.

:rofl:

:rofl:

Like Ross's story?

Like having LF's multiple brothel scenes that belabor points about his character?

Like Podrick Payne's magic penis?

Like having Joffrey abusing prostitutes?

Like Margaery-Joffrey's ultimately irrelevant relationship?

Like Margaery seducing Tommen when that doesn't really matter either?

Like Theon's multiple torture scenes? (and one medically impossible one where his castrated and doesn't bleed to death? Because no book!Theon hasn't been castrated)

Like Oberyn's multiple and ultimately pointless brothel scenes where we learn no much more than that he likes to fuck.

Like Tywin's uber-important POV scenes in season 5?

Glad I'm not the only one RoaminRonin.

To me, the Dornish plot was ruined from the moment they omitted the equal primogeniture in Season 4. And this recent change didnt help make things better.

Its a shame. I was really looking forward to the Dornish plot. With these changes, I have another reason to stop watching the show.

Dorne's meant to be different from the rest of Westeros but so far it doesn't seem like its going to be at all. Just sunnier. I'm also not looking forward to how the show will portray all these women in a family unit. From Arya and Asha out of character comments, to the needless changing of Osha using her cunning to using her body and also the silly rivalry between Osha and Meera. The show doesn't have a good track record to me of women interacting with women or talking about women.

T'was being sarcastic.

Are you sure they're not doing Aegon's storyline or are they just cutting out JonCon? I don't understand how it would be possible to cut out the second Dance of the Dragons.

We know nothing about Aegon right now.

Maybe they are just not saying they've casted them, because the show will look on the Internet, like they did when they announced Ramsay (announced as "Boy").

But I honestly don't think so.

Like Ross's story?

Like having LF's multiple brothel scenes that belabor points about his character?

Like Podrick Payne's magic penis?

Like having Joffrey abusing prostitutes?

Like Margaery-Joffrey's ultimately irrelevant relationship?

Like Margaery seducing Tommen when that doesn't really matter either?

Like Theon's multiple torture scenes? (and one medically impossible one where his castrated and doesn't bleed to death? Because no book!Theon hasn't been castrated)

Like Oberyn's multiple and ultimately pointless brothel scenes where we learn no much more than that he likes to fuck.

Like Tywin's uber-important POV scenes in season 5?

Glad I'm not the only one RoaminRonin.

It's strongly suggested that book Theon has been castrated.

I don't want to get in a fight but I will say this:

There's more to aSoIaF than hitting a checklist of plot points, and the show runner seem to have completely forgotten that starting form the second season.

Now they seem to be more concerned with maintaining their reputation for shocking deaths and scenes in brothels than for telling a coherent story with consistent characters, let alone GRRM's intricately plotted story and huge cast of well developed character.

T'was being sarcastic.

It's weird they're giving us all the Sand Snakes but not Arianne. And why did they re-cast Princess Myrcella? :stillsick:

Because her storyline this year is a romance with Trys.

Hands up, who all think that Trys will be a proto-feminist, awakened to the joys of equal primogeniture by his love for Mycella?

I don't want to get in a fight but I will say this:

There's more to aSoIaF than hitting a checklist of plot points, and the show runner seem to have completely forgotten that starting form the second season.

Now they seem to be more concerned with maintaining their reputation for shocking deaths and scenes in brothels than for telling a coherent story with consistent characters, let alone GRRM's intricately plotted story and huge cast of well developed character.

To ASOIAF? Yes.

To a TV Show? Well, that's debatable.

I mean, it's lke the people still angry at Peter Jackson because he didn't do the Tom Bombadil part, or Glorfindel, or having Arwen as a warrior. 17 Oscars and 30 nominations after, with a box office of 2700 millions, Peter is still laughing.

Because people get confused when a person has good qualities, bad qualities and a vagina all at the same time. It short-circuits their brains and they confused and angry.

(Read: the treatment of Cat, Cercei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Brienne in the fandom)

Lol at Cersei good qualities. But seriously, why don't people just wait until seeing how the season turns out before saying they messed it up? For all we know Hotah's role could be much changed. I doubt he will just stand around like he does in his POVs. Obviously the show was going to have to make cuts, and Arianne's is good one. And Quentyn's (anyone can release the dragons).

Hands up, who all think that Trys will be a proto-feminist, awakened to the joys of equal primogeniture by his love for Mycella?

Either that or an ambitious douche who wants to seat the IT, but I'm inclined to believe it's going to be a wuv story simply because D&D think people dig that shit

T'was being sarcastic.

It's weird they're giving us all the Sand Snakes but not Arianne. And why did they re-cast Princess Myrcella? :stillsick:

I got it :cheers: After all, filler is certainly the show's strength. :cool4:

The Myrcella thing is something I still don't understand. But the reactions of her previous actress are the best. lol The Sandsnakes are, IMO, a way for HBO to build on Oberyn's popularity.

*Raises Hand* I'll even raise with something akin to Trystane being the Kingmaker. Because Myrcella can't want for herself! Her husband knows best.

Either that or an ambitious douche who wants to seat the IT, but I'm inclined to believe it's going to be a wuv story simply because D&D think people dig that shit

After Talisa, I'm not surprised.

Archived