Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Best character storylines this season IMO: Cersei, Jon, Arya.

I'm looking forward to the Sand Snakes' presence on the show, and the Dorne scenes in general.

Reek / Theon's story should be fantastic too, judging by how much D&D care for this character.

It's all fairly subjective, but Arya's story in ADWD I loved, I'm sure it'll translate very well.

Probably not

but

I rather have a consistently entertaining arc, rather than boredom with a boom in the end, which was Dany in ADWD imo.

You think Jon's arc has been consistently entertaining? I love me some Jon but really........ :lmao:

You think Jon's arc has been consistently entertaining? I love me some Jon but really........ :lmao:

Throughout ADWD, yes.

On the other hand, Dany's arc was an absolute snooze. Despite how dope Daznak's Pit was, her chapters were horrible, as it was during the majority of ASOS.

I agree, Jon's arc is great when tied in with the other northern arcs (Asha and Mel) especially Theon and half of Davos, not sure how it would all translate to TV though.

I found Dany's arc (inc, Quent) pretty damn dull until the end which was great, I include the Barristan chapters in the great part.

Tyrion's arc was entertaining but I found myself disliking him as a character until the last couple of chapters where he seemed to grow back into himself.

Cersei's POVs were all excellent.

Sam's isn't bad but I can see them dropping a lot of it which would be a shame because it gives a lot of prophecy/backstory and has a fat pink mast.

Jamie's is ooookkkaaaayish and I can see why they look to be changing it totally for the show.

Brienne's was better on a second read, especially after hearing about the gravedigger which I missed.

Arya's is good but brief.

Sansa and Bran have pretty much done their arcs in the show and there wasn't much to go on.

Dorne (the three Ar's) is meh.

Vic and Aeron are funny but I did find myself skipping them on rereads.

Griff was meh.

Throughout ADWD, yes.

On the other hand, Dany's arc was an absolute snooze. Despite how dope Daznak's Pit was, her chapters were horrible, as it was during the majority of ASOS.

I don't agree, a lot of it was boring except when Mel was involved.

Nope, it was interesting to me. On the other hand dany was meh.. But I believe that on tv her arc will be better, because reading about meereen's exotic landscape and costumes is different from watching it.

Do you guys think we will get the temple scene with the gravedigger in brienne's storyline or will they just drop it?

They'll probably drop it. Lancel or someone else of the faith might have a throw away line in there, hearing of the Hounds fate, and he's moved onto a better place, or something. Either way, Sandor isn't in the Quiet Isle anymore at the end of ADWD so establishing his character there is not a big deal.

Sansa's is that bad? I was really looking forward to her arc after where Season 4 left off.

I thought Arya would be at the top. It's not that great? Reek's arc is really that good?

Arya has the most intriguing story with the most surprises.

In a way Dany is second, tho it takes a while to get there, it's for sure Dany has the single most

riveting scene across Feast and Dance, in fact her last chapter is the best cliffhanger.

What they do with Dany's story E1-8 is a puzzle, the Quentyn Martell was kind of goofy but

engaging and the Sons of the Harpy , tho a bit of a cliche can be woven in somehow, but then Dany's

story didn't have a heck of a lot of elaboration in season 4, there was nothing to pull from novel 4 and novel 5 has too many loops in it.

Yeah and Theon's story , tho a standard 'redemption tale' was suspenseful.

I thought GRRM spent to much time in KL in Feast, I hope's Cersei's story can be

juiced up by having a stronger characterization of Margaery.

I thought the ironborn story in AFFC was actually quite intriguing with the introduction of Euron.

Theon's chapters in ADWD were some of the best, by far.

Arya's are just interesting because of the FM

Jaime's and Cersei's were most entertaining.

Why do people always underestimate Sam? Like 'Oldtown will be cut because Sam isn't important enough to have his own story', uh hello he is a main character. He has killed a white walker, and one of the few characters with and open mind who uses common sense and has a good moral compass. If Sam becoming a maester isn't important or the citadael isn't important i will eat my words. But till then, i think Sam should be sent to oldtown like in the books. It shouldn't be relocated- i don't see the point of that. whether it is in braavos or oldtown they'd still have to find a new location and build new sets.

Stannis>Cersei>Theon>Jon for me. Cersei will most likely get the most amount of screentime so that'll be fun. I'm also very happy about Kit Harrigton stepping his game up in season 4, since I really like his DwD stuff, and it would have been such a waste if he had continued to act the same way he did in seasons 1-3. Hopefully Emilia improves as well.

Lets be real, nothing in season 5 is going to top Daznak's pit (unless LSH appears)

(If it happens) the Battle of Winterfell?

Very excited about Cersei's storyline, and now that you mention Theon that's also something I'm really looking forward to. In a grim "fup Theon's life" kind of way. Even though we probably won't get much actual info from the NI set I'd say Alfie and the other "Nothern" players will start popping up in Belfast for a few days at a time soon.

Having had time to digest my belief is as follows:

a) I am starting to believe there is more truth in the Hubbard article than I (and it seems many others) are giving credit for.

b) I feel the Ironborn arc will be delayed until season 6, Euron will be in but Victorian is out because Dany already has her ships. There isn't any issue with the delay as I don't see that this impacts any of the arcs we know are in season 5.

c) Bran being out is a big one for me, I had assumed the flashbacks were going through Bran. But it also potentially confirms Bran will not be involved in saving Jon, assuming Bran isn't providing voice over i.e. talking to Jon through Weirwoods but not actually appearing on screen or I guess they could have Bran reappear 6-01 and saving Jon if for the watch is the last episode of S5.

Archived