Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Most likely Euron has been delayed until season 6. he is listed as balons brother so I think he will show up. I see it playing out like this, early in the season we get a scene between yara and balon in which he sends her back to deepwood motte. mid season she receives a letter saying that her father is dead and her uncle Euron has seized power. before she can do anything about it, she is attacked and captured by stannis. Towards the end of the season we find out at a small council meeting the iron born lead by Euron have invaded the reach. Then in season 6 he is introduced.

I'm hoping this is it. We could also get Balon's death on screen, perhaps with Silence in the background and a Faceless Man. That and some mentions in the small council "Balon Greyjoy's dead, and his brother Euron has taken his throne. Wasn't he exiled? Bla blah, a Euron exposition." Yara can learn about it through Stannis. They could tie his whole march around Melisandre not being BS. Maybe after Balon dies he'll decide to believe her again and she can tell him she saw his success in the fires (but something more ambiguous than that), and then he decides to march. Either way, there's still about a month and a half of shooting left- so there's a small chance that the Deepwood Motte sequence is in. A big chunk of the remaining filming will be devoted to whatever the not-Iceland battle is, and that may well end up being Deepwood Motte or Hardhome and not the battle of Winterfell. We'll have to wait and see... Hopefully we get as many leaks there as we did for the Walk of Shame.

how do we know RIckon is with the Umbers? they mentioned him going there, but also mentioned possibly going there in aCoK but it didn't turn out like that.

There was supposed news that Art Parkinson and Natalia Tena would not be in season 5, but I never found any definitive proof. Seems to me , unlike season 4, Natalia has been more than quite about it.

It strange, because back in season 1 the impression was given that D&D and where so impressed by her that they made sure to point her out to GRRM.

Then George said he was impressed to, so much that he was going write in more material for Osha. So seem odd Osha would be missing for two seasons... so far D&D have kind of thrown in 'markers' for characters, especially Yara/Asha, Hot Pie (he has some future role?) ... a couple of others... maybe a few min. with Rickon and Osha next season?

You want

to be Wyman Manderly's laugh?

:lmao: I always loved his laugh :lol:

And Well... yes, I want this: http://queenofthefoodage.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/screen-shot-2012-07-23-at-10-54-53-pm.png to be Manderly eating yummy-yummy Frey Pies...

... Or at least I want ANY Lord Too-Fat-To-Sit-A-Horse, really any! :( I'm just searching for every possibility for him to be in...

:lmao: I always loved his laugh :lol:

And Well... yes, I want this: http://queenofthefoodage.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/screen-shot-2012-07-23-at-10-54-53-pm.png to be Manderly eating yummy-yummy Frey Pies...

... Or at least I want ANY Lord Too-Fat-To-Sit-A-Horse, really any! :( I'm just searching for every possibility for him to be in...

Would you rather have Lord Wyman Manderly who is a Bolton loyalist or no Wyman at all?

I recall this scene between Tywin and Oberyn in S4E3, "The king is dead, the Greyjoys are in open rebellion, a wildling army marches on the wall and in east...", pretty much what Tywin told Oberyn why the Iron Throne needs Dorne. He can't very well be talking about Theon, Yara or Balon, can he? The Ironborn holding Moat Cailin can't be called an open rebellion either. I still have hopes of seeing other Greyjoys on screen come Season 5.

1. Who cares if they could have last season? They did not. There is zero sign of anything remotely resembling a fArya casting, so Yara is the only plausible replacement for Theon's late heroism. Unless you want to consider the Myranda idea.

2. Again, who cares what Gendry's previous intentions were? That was before he was nearly burned to death by Stannis. Gendry is a changed man with a dramatically altered storyline from the books and could do anything or want anything at this point. We do know he will show up again somewhere. After the Tyrell-Lannister alliance collapses, Stannis will likely be Dorne's main rival until Dany arrives, which will not be in season 5, and Gendry is no Stannis fan. If the show has cut Aegon, which is extremely likely at this point, the function of Aegon's storyline needs to be maintained somehow. Gendry will not be headed staright for Dorne's backing in season 5, however if he shows up in Dorne, the implication is that he is being set up to take on fAegon's role somewhat, EVENTUALLY. As for the bastard comment....um...have you read the books at all? Dorne can back a bastard if they damned well please, and the show has made a point of their love of bastards.

3. The mystery character is not Varys, because Varys is crossing the narrow sea to hang with Illyrio and Tyrion. The scene in question is early in the season. Varys is not likely at all because he is known to be going elsewhere.

Oh Yes ill join a forum where I havent read the books? Yes Dorne dont look down on bastards, but why would Dorne back a BARATHEON BASTARD? What do they get out of supporting Gendry unknown bastard to the rest of Westeros? The reason I was going for Trystane is because they can use Myrcella to get the IT, with Gendry they dont benefit in anyway. With Trystane they have the heir of Dorne marrying the 'Queen' should they win. Also the TV series has already established how Elia was brutally murdered, and could want to make his move. Hardly anyone even knew about Gendry apart from LF, Varys, Ned, Yoren, Mel, Stannis, Jon Arryn. The Stromlands are either supporting Stannis or defeated and surrendered to Joffrey/Tommen. Also if Varys had intentions about putting Gendry on the IT, dont you think he would have sent him to a safer place, instead of wondering through the Riverlands? However I agree with you that someone has to fill that role, as we cant just have no one threatening the IT till either Stannis comes South, Dany gets to Westeros, dont even know about the IB. So most likely choice would be Trystane

Yes, Gendry's storyline has been massively altered is he Edric Storm now? or both? So Yes I dont know where his storyline is going, but I'm pretty confident he won't take Aegon's role. Plus we both could be wrong, perhaps Aegon comes in s6 (even though I doubt it)

I recall this scene between Tywin and Oberyn in S4E3, "The king is dead, the Greyjoys are in open rebellion, a wildling army marches on the wall and in east...", pretty much what Tywin told Oberyn why the Iron Throne needs Dorne. He can't very well be talking about Theon, Yara or Balon, can he? The Ironborn holding Moat Cailin can't be called an open rebellion either. I still have hopes of seeing other Greyjoys on screen come Season 5.

Well they have declared themselves independent and want to conquer the North. I'd call that an open rebellion.

Archived