Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Everything depends on what happens in TWOW. If Theon will sacrifice himself for rebirthing Jon, maybe D&D might think to make the whole stuff happening without Stannis around. So Theon could kill Myranda and then asking Bran to take his life in front of the weirwood of winterfell. No clue about the inclusion of fArya. She was there to force the Northern Lord to side with the Boltons. But this could be achieved in different ways too.

Don't get me wrong - it is not the solution I am rooting for. I think another fArya would be a better move. But the reason for Myranda's inclusion so far is not all that clear. Maybe she is just there to show that Ramsay tortures and kills people when he tires of them? Who knows. In any case she is either fArya or is destined for a horrid death, whether we like her and sympathize with her or not.

Remember though - even if we didn't see it, LF turned Jeyne into a whore. They discuss her "preparation" for her role as Ramsay's fake Arya sex slave. So if fArya in the show is not all that pure, it is actually derived somewhat from the book - aside from the seeming to be sadistic Homolka-like collaborator part.

I think it's pretty clear that she's there to show Ramsay's cruelty and manipulation. She was there in season 3 just for the castration scene, so her point was essentially to be one of Ramsay's psycho friends who help him torture and manipulate Theon. I guess they liked her, so they picked her up for season 4 as well (while her friend Violet's actress was pregnant and so unavailable- though I imagine Tansy would have been Violet if that weren't the case).

I think you (and everyone really) are reading too much into this. She'll die a horrible death, IMO. Either one of the murders in Winterfell or a victim of the battle that hopefully happens in episode 9 or 10. Either way, she's the substitute for the Bastard's Boys.

I am not "reading into" anything. I am speculating which I believe is the point of the thread?

She can't live if Ramsay marries someone else. She will cause or provoke some kind of conflict, and her time of complicity in Ramsay's deeds is about to end. Whether she was a willing participant or a coerced one, sh e will die a cruel death. Unless she is fArya.

I am not "reading into" anything. I am speculating which I believe is the point of the thread?

She can't live if Ramsay marries someone else. She will cause or provoke some kind of conflict, and her time of complicity in Ramsay's deeds is about to end. Whether she was a willing participant or a coerced one, sh e will die a cruel death. Unless she is fArya.

Haha mate 'reading into' is the same thing as speculating. The emphasis was on the 'too much' in his sentence.

I agree. And I think that if she WAS fArya, the show would have gone to a certain length to set it up. So far, it seems like they're writing out that possibility- she's already slept with Ramsay which means the whole wedding night rape thing wouldn't be nearly as powerful (if it would at all), she seems like just as much of a psycho as he is which means the audience wouldn't really cheer Theon as he saves her. She isn't the same innocent child placed in a cruel predicament, she's one of Ramsay's wacko henchmen just like Locke was and just like Theon's torturer from season 3 was.

They would have written her with more subtlety if she was a real fArya candidate.

Haha mate 'reading into' is the same thing as speculating. The emphasis was on the 'too much' in his sentence.

No actually it is not at all the same thing. "Reading into" mean to draw conclusions. "Too much" means too many conclusions without basis. Speculation means exploring ideas without being necessarily committed to any of them. See the difference?

I know a lot of people don't see the difference on forums, given the ridiculously high number of times my position has been assumed to be rigid, and the number of people determined to classify others as "fans" or "proponents" of various theories when all they were ever actually doing was discussing possibilities.

No actually it is not at all the same thing. "Reading into" mean to draw conclusions. "Too much" means too many conclusions without basis. Speculation means exploring ideas without being necessarily committed to any of them. See the difference?

I know a lot of people don't see the difference on forums, given the ridiculously big number of times my position has assumed to be rigid and the number of propel determined to classify others as "fans" or "proponents" of various theories when all they were ever actually doing was discussing possibilities.

Why the angry tone? Come on mate, it's very similar, both involve inferring a conclusion from given clues. I'm confused as to why his comment, and now mine, have made you respond so defensively. Noone has planted anyone as staunchly projecting a theory. He disagreed with your reading of things, then you responded sarcastically and a bit caustically. Which you've now done with me. No need for the pedantry.

I do. Saying nothing about the topic, and picking on wording and tone is pretty much classic troll behavior, especially when the poster only has a very small number of previous posts.

Anyway, yeah...we all hope we get an actual fArya. My comments above are ideas on how they might do it if there is no new fArya cast.

The Myranda Royce idea is also an interesting if unlikely speculation worth discussing a bit.

Yeah, I'd really hate to see Myranda used as FA. There are just so many story lines and I highly doubt Winterfell will get enough screen time to make viewers sympathetic to her, even if there's some serious backtracking about her "playing along" with Ramsay's games and really being an innocent. She does have the right look, but that's where it ends for me. I think Jeyne is a big part of Theon's redemption and she truly needs to be a sweet, pathetic creature for the story to "work" for TV viewers.

I do like the idea of Myranda creating some kind of tension with the Ramsay/Jeyne story line. I think she could be well used as an actor that way, so here's hoping. I'm really curious to see how much attention this plot line gets in Season 5. It's a big part of A Dance with Dragons, but so many TV viewers seem uninterested in the Theon arc thus far.

If Myranda is FA, which I doubt, then Theon's heroic moment in saving her is gone, because she's also a complete psychopath who's been complicit in Ramsay's messed up activities. And this is why I doubt she will be. More likely, we'll see her the next hunt victim, so we can all go "oh wow, Ramsay is terrible," as if we needed that (Joffrey killing Ros, anyone?).

Myranda is obviously a collaborator. She smiles gleefully during the hunt and the castration scene. Ramsay mentions that Tansy made Myranda jealous and that is why he is murdering her. Of course Ramsay doesn't need an excuse but it's clear that Myranda instigated Ramsay in this one. Compare her to Theon during the hunt. He is playing along but he is visibly terrified and he can't watch as Tansy is torn to pieces. Myranda is no victim. She is Ramsay's willing partner through and through. If somehow this changes in season 5 it's a complete retcon and terrible writing.

It wouldn't be nearly as cathartic if Theon rescued her instead of an innocent girl.

I think it's pretty clear that she's there to show Ramsay's cruelty and manipulation. She was there in season 3 just for the castration scene, so her point was essentially to be one of Ramsay's psycho friends who help him torture and manipulate Theon. I guess they liked her, so they picked her up for season 4 as well (while her friend Violet's actress was pregnant and so unavailable- though I imagine Tansy would have been Violet if that weren't the case).

I think you (and everyone really) are reading too much into this. She'll die a horrible death, IMO. Either one of the murders in Winterfell or a victim of the battle that hopefully happens in episode 9 or 10. Either way, she's the substitute for the Bastard's Boys.

That's what I was thinking.

Remember though - even if we didn't see it, LF turned Jeyne into a whore. They discuss her "preparation" for her role as Ramsay's fake Arya sex slave.

Not doubting, just wondering - when was this? I suspect it's when LF and Tywin are talking in Harrenhal but I honestly don't remember.

Has Patchface been able to expand on those comments yet? I haven't seen anything but I seem to recall s/he is on multiple sites. I'm really hoping that the Manderly thing is true because while I've been okay with the deviations so far (yes, I know, sacrilege), I would be bummed to see the Northern storyline altered by the lack of that sequence.

TBH, I would probably be a little up in arms without Frey Pies/the implication thereof.

Has Roose filmed any scenes yet do we know?

We know that Michael McElhatton has been seen in Belfast with several members of the Game of Thrones cast. There was absolutely glorious photo posted on Watchers on the Wall a few weeks back that showed McElhatton posing for a photo in a convenience store with Conleth Hill, Aidan Gillen, and one lucky fan. All three actors (especially Aidan Gillen) looked like they may have been stoned (Sidebar: if those three are getting baked together when they aren't shooting and then wandering around Belfast so that Aidan can get an ice cream bar, then it needs to be on the DVD. I'll pay extra if I have to).

http://watchersonthewall.com/carice-van-houten-heads-back-westeros-cast-belfast/

There have also been a few photos posted that showed McElhatton attending a Killers concert in the area with Sophie Turner and Alfie Allen.

As for whether or not he's actually been spotted on set ... I don't know. But if he was in Belfast, maybe he was shooting on interior sets.

There was absolutely glorious photo posted on Watchers on the Wall a few weeks back that showed McElhatton posing for a photo with Conleth Hill, Aiden Gillen, and one lucky fan. All three actors (especially Aiden Gillen) looked like they may have been stoned.

Wow, he looks like he crossed the line to "lambasted" with that ice cream and how unaware he seems of the whole picture taking process! Don't know how I missed that pic but it's great.

As for whether or not he's actually been spotted on set ... I don't know. But if he was in Belfast, maybe he was shooting on interior sets.

IMDB has Walda Bolton listed so even if he hasn't filmed yet I guess that means he will be filming at some point, right?

Archived