Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

That actress is too young for Taena.

She really does fit the bill for Arianne or even Obara. But thats definitely not going to happen, i can't imagine why they'd introduce all the Dorne characters EXCEPT Arianne in that video at comic-con

If she was a part of the Dorne storyline it may have just been an internal scene shot in Belfast

Her shooting in Croatia means she is either part of Mereen, Volantis/Pentos or Braavos.

So random noble woman, slave or 'freed woman', whore, the waif or friend of cat of the canals (that captain's daughter)?

Apparently she has martial arts training, stage fighting training and is a dancer. That and her shooting dates have led some folks on wotw to guess that she's Barsena.

Myself, I have no idea who she's playing but if she can fight very well then, since Obara's already cast, Barsena would be pretty cool to see.

^ isn't Bellegere dead in the current time or really old?

Sorry scratch that, yeh she could be that, except isn't she the 'black pearl'. i would think they'd love the opportunity to cast someone of african descent instead of someone who looks like they are from Dorne.

I think she is too pretty for the pits

I'm not sure. They already have Lhara back (red-haired girl with Saan in s4) as their resident Braavos girl and she shot in Croatia on different dates in August and September (via her twitter).

did Lhara also go to Belfast? Because i feel like Meena shooting in two locations may give us a clue that she has a bigger part (maybe says one or two lines)

I didn't check that far back on the actress's (Sarine Sofair). I just find that out by looking up #Split (where they were shooting in Croatia).

You are right that it does seem like Meena has a bigger role than that. But I can't tell for the life of me what it would be. I know she wasn't in Croatia at the same time that Keisha Castle-Hughes and Jessica Henwick shot though (the two Sand Snakes with twitter).

Could she be an informant for Doran inside KL? or in Dorne itself..I remember there was someone who informed on Arianne when she tried the queenmaker plot. and in the leaked audition videos Obara/Tyene/Nymeria (can't remember) said something of sources telling her Jaime was in Dorne.

Oh and Sarine didn't tweet about being in belfast that i could find in the appropriate time frame

^Hota and Trystane also have twitters

And the timing points to something Meereen related, since they didn't really shoot anything in Croatia outside of the Diocletian Palace scenes as of September 8th (as far as we know).

She might be a hostage from yunkai/mereen. Hizdahrs other women, or a performer for Dany but i can't seem them doing that extravagant feast they had in the book where yunkai and mereen signed a 'peace' treaty. she could be a victim of the harpy....there are endless options.

^Hota and Trystane also have twitters

And the timing points to something Meereen related, since they didn't really shoot anything in Croatia outside of the Diocletian Palace scenes as of September 8th (as far as we know).

Not all of Dorne scenes will be filmed in Spain. Yes predominately Dorne will be filmed in Spain, but there will also be some filmed in Croatia

Green dress = Galazza Galare? Ok, the age doesn't fit, but perhaps in GOT they have made her younger.

Yes please! But why they would announce Yezzan at Comic Con and not her... I'm going to assume she ISN'T the Green Grace for now, just some minor Meereen Lady character.

That's what I think as well. The age isn't essential to her character, is it? Sure, it can give her some authority, make her look more important, but it's not essential, I think.

It's possible that D&D (like me) didn't pick up on her old age in their reading and assumed she was young enough that they don't need to bother with setting an age cap in the casting call. And then Meena aced the audition, and she's around 30. So possible.

It's also possible that D&D want to sex her up a bit and had a younger actress cast.

Archived