*Book Spoilers* Predicting the Season 5 Episode Titles

Oriolesmagic

1. Valonqar - Cersei's prophecy

2. Lord of Winterfell - Jon becoming the LC of NW and Stannis offering the Winterfell to him, Boltons & Theon setting their asses in WF

3. Court of a Merman - Tyrion meets Jorah & Davos in White Harbor

4. Our Blades are Sharp - Ramsay's wedding :bawl:

5. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - Doran's reveal

6. Turncloak - Some Theon stuff

7. Pit - Daznak's Pit

8. A Ghost in Winterfell - Theon's whole bloody frickin chapter. Nothing. Else. In. The. Whole. Episode. :bowdown:

9. Walk of Shame / Stag and the Flayed Man - Walk of Shame because it is going to happen, Stag and the Flayed Man if it's going to be Battle of Ice. BTW, is this season even going to have a battle episode, since seasons 1 and 3 didn't have?

10. For the Watch / Bastards - Pink Letter, preparations for Battle of Meereen, Varys' monologue etc

Other ones I'd like to see are Kingsmoot, Sons of the Harpy, Lord Crow and Thousand Eyes and One, but since it seems like Bran is out for this season, as well as Vic & Euron, no deal :crying:

I like these a lot. Here's, in general, a compilation of those I found the most interesting in the thread:

1. Valonqar

2. The House of Black and White

3. The Sorrows

4. Sons of the Harpy

5. The Faith Militant

6. Cat of the Canals

7. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

8. A Ghost in Winterfell

9. The Walk of Shame

10. For the Watch

I think this is the best list, but I heard somewhere that the Walk of Shame is going to be in Episode 10.

I think this is the best list, but I heard somewhere that the Walk of Shame is going to be in Episode 10.

Oh, OK. In general, giving titles to the last two episodes is a bit of a dangerous preoccupation, given how there are three heavy accents in these two episodes: Jon (For the Watch), Cersei (The Walk of Shame) and Dany (I liked whoever thought of "Mother of Dragons"/"Blood of the Dragon" for her). Someone is gonna be shunned.

I also think that "The Faith Militant" is a bit weaker than the rest, but I couldn't really find an appealing alternative.

Compulsing through the thread to try another list...

1 - And Now His Watch Begins. (I would rather see the election in episode 2 but if it's in one, it could be the perfect opening title of the season).

2 - The House of Black and White.

3 - Sons of the Harpy.

4 - Swords and Stars.

5 - Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

6 - Sorrows.

7 - The Fall.

8 - The Ghost of Winterfell.

9 - Hear me Roar. (That one would be badass ! Just popped to me for this episode and I think it could suit perfectly ! Walk and Pit in one title !)

10 - Winter.

I could also see a "Growing Strong" for Tommen / Margaery's wedding or a "Blood of the Dragon" for episode 9.

When I was thinking of episodes earlier in the year I had:

S05E01 A Feast For Crows

S05E02 Sorrows

S05E03 House of Black and White

S05E04

S05E05 The Kings of Winter

S05E06 Turncloak

S05E07 The Dragontamer

S05E08 The Fury In Winter

S05E09 Hammer Into Anvil

S05E10 Night Gathers

Obviously, with information now known about the upcoming season a couple of these don't work. But I still really like The Fury In Winter for an episode heavy on Stannis in the snow. So I guess that's my contribution.

7. The Merman's Court- A mid-season cold opening- At the Twins- Black Walder sent to investgate BWB Killing Freys,Cersei arrested,Brienne scene,Tense Jon/Bowen Marsh scene,Sansa scene, Dany agrees to marriage, The north remembers, Arya has a wolfdream,Davos sent to find Rickon, Justice is served to Black Walder.

I'm sorry but that is awful... no need for a random cold-open.

I'm loving the suggestions of a Ghost in Winterfell and Sorrows, but I'd bet on Fire and Blood if I were a betting kinda person.

I can't speculate on all of the titles, especially as D&D like to go with generic titles here and there (ie. The Climb) but I'd like to see the Light in the Darkness or Daggers in the Dark .

Fire and Blood was the season 1 finale.

For House Motto titles, I can envision a Hear me Roar (for episode 9, as I speculated above) or a Growing Strong showing up during season 5.

An Ours is the Fury would also be welcome.

And Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken may be the most likely of them all.

I really want to see "The Family Name" for Tywins funeral and Jon being offered Winterfell, which I assume will be episode 1.

"Before long I'll be dead, and you and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us rotting underground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on."

^It is confirmed. There was a setpic in the pit in Osuna of a slate that said 509 on it

So we'll have Cersei's Walk of Shame and Daznak's Pit in the very same episode? Also, do we know for sure that we'll have any battles next season? First one and 3rd didn't have any, but they had as a shockers Ned's beheading and Red Wedding.

01. The Family Name

02. And Now His Watch Begins

03. Kings of Winter

04. The Dragon and the Harpy

05. The Lost Lady

06. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

07. Warrior's Sons

08. A Ghost in Winterfell

09. Hear Me Roar

10. The Fall

Archived