Top 5 Shows of all Time?

Sansa's Valonqar

Yeah, just a bad joke from me

Although rome and six feet under isnt anywhere near a top 5 for tv shows. Even if theyre hbo.

I would say the same thing about Lost and Breaking Bad. :-P

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed both shows, but I would never say Lost was an all-time great. As for Breaking Bad, it was no doubt a great show, but for me personally it didn't have a strong cast outside of Cranston. I know most people would probably disagree, but that's what keep it out of my top 5.

Ow, difficult.

Lets see, no paticular order.

sci-fi

Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Farscape

Space: Above & Beyond

Blake's 7

but, alas also enjoyed Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, and the other star treks.

comedy

Modern Family

cartoons..

Gundam Wing

Pinky and the Brain. Yes, that was awesomesauce.

but enjoyed the things like Transformers, GI Joe, Mask, He-Man

other

Heroes season one

Prison Break season one

and the awkward mention:
kinda appreciated Power Ranges Samurai. Dunno why.

There is a lot I have not seen (not Deadwood, no Sopranos...)

Top 3:

The Wire (although the 5th season is much weaker)

Breaking Bad

Jeeves and Wooster

Started great and got me addicted, but were botched later on:

Alias (1-2 great, 3 quite good, then rapidly going downhill)

Lost (going downhill from the 4th season or so and the last one and the ending were just terrible)

Prison Break (1-2 great, then downhill

I would say the same thing about Lost and Breaking Bad. :-P

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed both shows, but I would never say Lost was an all-time great. As for Breaking Bad, it was no doubt a great show, but for me personally it didn't have a strong cast outside of Cranston. I know most people would probably disagree, but that's what keep it out of my top 5.

I do agree with you about breaking bad and thats why i dont think its on the same level as the sopranos. It only has two characters which really mean something for the plot, walt and jesse. But since they focus so much on walt i dont think they even cared that much about anything else. Jesse is pretty one dimensional in the beginning but that improves later on. It could have benefitted a lot from more memorable and complex supporting characters.

I think rome is ok, but not near excellency. Its very stagy, relies completely on its two lead roles to randomly affect so many big historical things which sometimes gives it the feeling of an 80s buddy cop show. It is also very stagy and im struggling to remember that many memorable scenes.

Although titus pullo is a great character. Sometimes it feels like rome doesnt always take itself that seriously. It gives a goofy feel at times, which i dont think should be from a historical epic drama

Archived