Will the Tyrells attack the faith in WOW?

Makrell

With Kevan Lannister dead and mace tyrell surely claiming the regency as soon as possible what will he do?

The Lannister have few to no forces in KL, while the tyrells have large enough forces to invade the city, even if every non tyrell fighter in KL stood againist them(which they dont) The gold cloaks are commanded by ser Humphrey Waters, whom is unknown if supports the rose or the lion(or even the sparrow)

I think the Mace wil want Margary out as soon as possible, or atleast if anything comes forth that casts Margaery in a bad light. The faith militant would stand no chance againist the Tyrells, cause they are calling the shots in the city now.

Since everybody except Cersei realizes that empowering the septons and allowing military orders to re-form is a disaster waiting to happen, whoever gets to reign will try to bring the Faith to heel. Maybe broker an agreement with the most powerful septons and then crush them as soon as possible. Or come up with a credible litle story about how the Faith was in cahoots with Cersei. Like this, they would lose some of their credibility and also the people's support. Then, some key figures among the faithful could be easily removed from power.

Allowing a religion to develop its own state-within-the-state and to run and supply its own army - that's just madness.

If Marg is declared guilty he might well attack. I don't know how the trials are being played out, like who is going first. We are pretty sure Cersei will win, but on balance Marg will lose.

I've seen a number of posts that indicate that the new chapters in WoW show Cersei to have own, but can someone point me to what made them think so? I read the Mercy and Arriene chapters but didn't come away with that conclusion. My mind may have drifted during the reading. That does happen. :)

I've seen a number of posts that indicate that the new chapters in WoW show Cersei to have own, but can someone point me to what made them think so? I read the Mercy and Arriene chapters but didn't come away with that conclusion. My mind may have drifted during the reading. That does happen. :)

I don't think there is anything to point to Cersei winning.

but i think the faith wont declare for LAegon, because the tyrells will have destroyed the militant, or gotten power over them.

And there are no highranking spetons left in kings landing that is not under sparrow control. If anyone were to regain power over the faith the sparrows have to go first.

it is like with the iron throne, whoever holds the crystal crown and baelors sept have the power

That seems to be the easier way for Martin to get the Tyrells out of the picture, I think

Should they "get out of the picture" though? Cersei will blame the Tyrells for Kevan's death, there will be an immense power struggle, maybe even going so far as an actual battle. It will put King's Landing in turmoil....just in time for someone (if it goes the way Varys wants it to, that someone will be Aegon) to swoop in with the realm on its side, kick ass, and take the throne.

I think the Tyrells will manipulate the faith.

They'll cause Cerseis house of cards to collapse and she'll be forced to watch a slowly, every last scrap of power and her family is stripped away from her and ultimately, when Arya kills her (cause its gotta be Arya right?) she will remind Arya of the way she felt after all that happened to her and her revenge will be complete.

The end.

The high sparrow doesnt seem like a man to be manipulated though, but they might try to ally with an opposing faction in the faith.

• 3 weeks later...

The high sparrow doesnt seem like a man to be manipulated though, but they might try to ally with an opposing faction in the faith.

If Tyene Sand has her way Marg will likely die, not because of Marg, but to bust the Tyrell Lannister alliance. They don't love the Tyrell's and they want the Lannisters to roast.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes they will, and they will not win. The HS will arm the million strong smallfolk and they'll fight for him, house to house and in the gutters, and they'll still be fighting when Aegon shows up to waltz in and take the city as a liberating hero.

If the Tyrells take on the faith we know the Tyrells win. They have tons of knights and trained soldiers. Zealots with little to no military training and subpar weapons won't cut it against trained knights

True, in an regular battle the Faith cannot win against the Tyrell armies. They are way to few, way to ill equipped and way to badly trained.

The Faith do have the support of much of the populace in the southern regions though, and any attack on them would be met with discord and possibly uprisings. Popular opinion might turn against the Tyrells, and other players might se this as a chance to suckerpunch them. It would be risky.

Archived