Dating #17 - Your Biceps Make For Awesome Pillows

Littlefingers In The Air

I disagree-Religious women are the most fun if you manage to sway them from their beliefs :D.

I'm not sure what you disagree with in my post since it was a general statement about the women I date. Most the time they aren't religious by chance.

I really don't care if someone is religious or not just that they don't try to push their bullshit on me. That includes atheists and religious types.

I can say that I will not be able to date someone who's religious enough to want to go to Church every Sunday. I just won't be able to relate to that person on a level needed for a sustained romantic connection. Casual friends, or friends with beneficts? Yes, no problem. Even short-term dating. But long-term? No. That will be a huge section of his/her life that not only will remain inaccessible to me, which is bad enough but can be worked out, but also something that I actively work against.

I also know that the moment someone asks me to go to Church with them, will be the moment that my romantic feeling for them dies.

But that's just me. YMMV, and I'm sure there are atheists out there dating Christians and having a fulfilling romantic life.

Intentional typo?

ETA: NVM, got benedictions and benefiction mixed up in my head.

Date had to cancel this weekend ( a wedding shower in her home town), but seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't go. She texted me and snap chatted (I hate this app, btw) throughout the weekend.

She mentioned a new outdoor food truck thing in our down town, and invited me and my friends to go with her and some of her friends. I'm bummed though, as I doubt I'll be able to talk my friends into going.

She mentioned a new outdoor food truck thing in our down town, and invited me and my friends to go with her and some of her friends. I'm bummed though, as I doubt I'll be able to talk my friends into going.

You don't have even one friend willing to go and be your wingman at something that's probably going to be fun anyway? Man, you need to get better friends.

Date had to cancel this weekend ( a wedding shower in her home town), but seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't go. She texted me and snap chatted (I hate this app, btw) throughout the weekend.

I'm married and I would go with you to that. I agree with Maith, you need better friends.

You don't have even one friend willing to go and be your wingman at something that's probably going to be fun anyway? Man, you need to get better friends.

One friend as a wingman as a favor, yes, no problem. Calilng on favors from mulitple people to get a group together, is a little more of a proposition.

One friend as a wingman as a favor, yes, no problem. Calilng on favors from mulitple people to get a group together, is a little more of a proposition.

Why would she object to you saying "me and my buddy are totally interested?" Her friends can talk to each other too, you know.

Why would she object to you saying "me and my buddy are totally interested?" Her friends can talk to each other too, you know.

I'm not saying she would. I will show up with a buddy, but it's still a little awkward if it's a big group of them. HOpefully it's just her and her roommate, she told me she'd get me the details later.

I'm not saying she would. I will show up with a buddy, but it's still a little awkward if it's a big group of them. HOpefully it's just her and her roommate, she told me she'd get me the details later.

Nah, no awkwardness, it actually sounds like the best way to roll into this situation is just with another friend. I mean, most people know that other people don't have a posse that they can just rustle up, especially if the other group is an unknown group of people. Better for you and a buddy to go and get sized up by her friends.

I'm not sure what you disagree with in my post since it was a general statement about the women I date. Most the time they aren't religious by chance.

I really don't care if someone is religious or not just that they don't try to push their bullshit on me. That includes atheists and religious types.

If you can try and go for a religious one.Watching the conflict and turmoil can be hilarious if they break one of their chosen religions rules-I've only experienced it with a Christian though I admit.

Disagree. You need to show the trappings of POWER. If no friends are available, at least rent a tiger or a shark or some other apex predator to look intimidating on the end of a leash while you peruse the foodtrucks. At least get an angry woodchuck or something if your local animal rental place is tapped ( let's face it they probably are if there's a food truck festy going down).

But really, nothing awkward about showing up with one friend.

If you can try and go for a religious one.Watching the conflict and turmoil can be hilarious if they break one of their chosen religions rules-I've only experienced it with a Christian though I admit.

I am no fan of Christians, as everyone here knows.

But.

I find that train of thought quite reprehensible. Dating someone with the motivation to fuck with one of their core tenets in life is despicable and pathological. If that person comes to a crisis in faith, then that's their life to sort out and grow from it. Trying to induce that in them and to enjoy their turmoil in a way that is not empathetic to their struggle comes across as a very offensive outlook about life and about the approach to romance. Even if someone is not intending to date that person long term, it seems like a bad faith effort to cheer at their life crisis.

Just very poor form all around. I am an anti-Christian and misotheist of the Judeo-Chrsitian-Muslim God and I do not approve of that type of approach to dating someone of faith.

Ymmv.

Terra,

To be clear. Same. I may not find anything good about religion personally, but atheists have become equally annoying to me lately for one of the same reasons I hate religion.

Oh you don't accept jesus? I'll pray for you.

Oh you are religious? That's fairy tales for adults.

Mind your own business people. To each their own.

I am no fan of Christians, as everyone here knows.

But.

I find that train of thought quite reprehensible. Dating someone with the motivation to fuck with one of their core tenets in life is despicable and pathological. If that person comes to a crisis in faith, then that's their life to sort out and grow from it. Trying to induce that in them and to enjoy their turmoil in a way that is not empathetic to their struggle comes across as a very offensive outlook about life and about the approach to romance. Even if someone is not intending to date that person long term, it seems like a bad faith effort to cheer at their life crisis.

Just very poor form all around. I am an anti-Christian and misotheist of the Judeo-Chrsitian-Muslim God and I do not approve of that type of approach to dating someone of faith.

Ymmv.

Your outlook is a fair and well balanced one-in my head I know this.However it's one of the rare occasions where I've been honest and open with my thoughts and opinions and as usual I've been ostracised for doing so. I can't really change my perceptions or my enjoyment of their turmoil, at least I know to revert to not being honest about it next time.

Archived