Brienne kills Stannis with Oathkeeper! Updated Blackfish Edition!

Jm4n68

How the hell will Brienne get to Stannis?

Stannis has 'Arya' and the theory assumes Stannis wins the Battle for Winterfell.

Stannis moves South to further consolidate his Realm. It makes tactical sense to take whatever force he can muster south. The storm they are bearing is bad, and he is driven to grt the Iron Throne, not just the North. His Army will want to escape the cold of severe winter and Northern soldiers followed Robb to the Westerlands so I can see a solid force following him to the Twins/Riverrun to advance his control of the greater realm.

Brienne makes Catelyn swear she won't hold her back from killing Stannis when she pledges her service to her.

It would be a nice fit if Stannis died at a Battle at the Blue ford by Brienne, with Robb exed at the Green fork and Rhaegar the Red ford. Stannis has cold blue eyes, Renly last said "Cold" and the Next paragraph she is called Brienne the Blue.

Jaime is with Brienne, Catelyn promised to not force her Dishonor her in service. Catelyn says on page 561 ACOK she wants to go strangle Cersei. If the encounter with LS lets Jaime swear to do it in Her staid than that fits the valonqar theory for him. Brienne is allowed to go on and fight Stannis as he Marches South and they meet somewhere between between the twins and Riverrun

Stannis has 'Arya' and the theory assumes Stannis wins the Battle for Winterfell.

Stannis moves South to further consolidate his Realm. It makes tactical sense to take whatever force he can muster south. The storm they are bearing is bad, and he is driven to grt the Iron Throne, not just the North. His Army will want to escape the cold of severe winter and Northern soldiers followed Robb to the Westerlands so I can see a solid force following him to the Twins/Riverrun to advance his control of the greater realm.

Brienne makes Catelyn swear she won't hold her back from killing Stannis when she pledges her service to her.

It would be a nice fit if Stannis died at a Battle at the Blue ford by Brienne, with Robb exed at the Green fork and Rhaegar the Red ford. Stannis has cold blue eyes, Renly last said "Cold" and the Next paragraph she is called Brienne the Blue.

Jaime is with Brienne, Catelyn promised to not force her Dishonor her in service. Catelyn says on page 561 ACOK she wants to go strangle Cersei. If the encounter with LS lets Jaime swear to do it in Her staid than that fits the valonqar theory for him. Brienne is allowed to go on and fight Stannis as he Marches South and they meet somewhere between between the twins and Riverrun

Stannis likely isn't going south. He's fighting the Others, and the reason he went down to Winterfell was it was too dangerous to have the Boltons at his back. Once he takes Winterfell, I expect him to stay in the North, and maybe return to the Wall.

brianne thoughts in one of her last POVs

He shrugged. "Sometimes. At tourneys, from afar. Once at Baelor's Sept. The gold cloaks shoved us aside so he could pass. Another time I was playing near the Mud Gate when he come back from a hunt. He was so drunk he almost rode me down. A big fat sot, he was, but a better king than these sons of his."

They are not his sons. Stannis told it true, that day he met with Renly. Joffrey and Tommen were never Robert's sons. This boy, though . . . "Listen to me," Brienne began. Then she heard Dog barking, loud and frantic. "Someone is coming."

/thread

At first I thought it was a troll thread, but actually it's not that unlikely... the only issue I see would be about Brienne going to north - searching for Arya may be a reason but as a gut feeling I don't think she'll go there.

She would have to travel up to the Twins, then Moat Cailin (and well, maybe meet Howland Reed since she's already there?), then travel all across the Northern lands to eventually reach Winterfell (supposedly) while winter is raging on - to top it all, she has to hear about the Arya news before moving in that direction since I don't see any other reason why she would travel North.

I don't think that bringing back Ned's sword to Winterfell is viable enough since there's no one to give him to custody - plus it's a Ned memento, I supposed Lady Stonehearth would keep it.

Still, I like your hypotesis.

"I will kill him," the tall homely girl declared. "With my lord's own sword, I will kill him. I swear it. I swear it. I swear it."

ACOK p 505

But Brienne lost Renly's sword. The Bloody Mummers took it. I'm hoping that's a clue that this oath won't be fulfilled. Brienne has better things to do than avenge Renly. Also, if there is one thing Brienne should learn from Jaime, it's that some oaths are not worth keeping.

Brienne won't be going North- She won't be leaving lady Stonehearts place alive- as of right now. (my guess)

I doubt it.

I am fond of Brienne as well, and have a lot more in store for her.

- GRRM (2001)

[brienne’s] very idealistic. At least in the beginning, but you know her journey still has a way to go.

- GRRM (2014)

But Brienne lost Renly's sword. The Bloody Mummers took it. I'm hoping that's a clue that this oath won't be fulfilled. Brienne has better things to do than avenge Renly. Also, if there is one thing Brienne should learn from Jaime, it's that some oaths are not worth keeping.

I doubt it.

I am fond of Brienne as well, and have a lot more in store for her.

- GRRM (2001)

[brienne’s] very idealistic. At least in the beginning, but you know her journey still has a way to go.

- GRRM (2014)

wait what? when did he say this? Now I am sad. I don't really care if Jaime lives or dies but it would be a hell of a twist for brienne to be killed by stoneheart

To make it clear she is my favorite female character. She really along with davos is the noblest character in the series.

Your biggest problem is if stannis wins Winterfell, the whole world knows arya ain't arya, so I wonder why brienne will go north

How? The Boltons don't have to tell him that. Assuming they survive the sack of Winterfell. Of course we do assume that some northern lords already know. But they haven't said anything yet. Why should they say something then?

Jon?

Edit: Not to mention there are quite a few northern lords who would realise the girl wasn't who she says she is. Why do you think Bolton tries to keep her away from them?

I forgot about Jon. Doh. But we still can't be sure he's alive though.

I was never under the impression that the Boltons kept fArya away from the other lords because of any fear of any revelation. It was rather Ramsay's treatment what made fArya unrepresentable. The marriage at least was held in public.

How? The Boltons don't have to tell him that. Assuming they survive the sack of Winterfell. Of course we do assume that some northern lords already know. But they haven't said anything yet. Why should they say something then?

Theon or jeyne themselves can come out. There are already two real heirs coming to North again. So brienne won't have anything to do in the north.

Archived