Brienne kills Stannis with Oathkeeper! Updated Blackfish Edition!

Jm4n68

Lots of people have swore things that they never accomplished...

"When [bitersteel] fled, he swore he would return to place a son of Daemon's upon the Iron Throne. He never did."

That just about sums it up, though I hope Brienne ignores her "oath" and does something better with her life, instead of dying attempting to kill Stannis/dying after killing him.

1. Nobody in WF even knows Brienne other than as a Kingslayer.

2. Stannis leads from the rear.

3. What Gendry? He's with the BwB. And why would LS trust Brienne to do anything? And as for her being free to do whatever she wants, good luck crossing thousands of miles alive to kill a king defended by thousands.

4. Really? And why would Stannis go south?

I don't champion any one of these. I am just trying to point out the distance can be overcome, in more ways than one hypothetical.

1. I was thinking that she extended the hospitality therefore she is granted it. I think Stannis and his men know it wasn't Brienne.... He reflects on Renly once or twice if I remember?

2. I don't think she needs to fight from the Vangaurd to him. Just intersecting travel lines.

Brienne knew that Sansa still had an uncle and a bastard half-brother at the wall, serving in the Night's Watch.

AFFC 192

3. Touche to Gendry, mistaken on his location. LS has violated her vow, to not dishonor Brienne with any service. Tricking Jaime is not kosher, seems like a point of possible contention. Stannis has motive to advance South and Brienne North. At least 2 full books of travel time left.

4. To keep doing the whole 'rightful heir to the throne' stick. It is known that winter is gentler as you move south. To solidify the North to him by striking the Twins.

I think it that it would be a good way to end her storyline. However it would be awesome if Stannis would just win the duel. I doubt that it would be possible, since Stannis was never the warrior that for example Robert was.

Why would that be awesome? Payback for the non-point Craclaw Point venture by making her entire plot line pointless?

As skilled with a sword as Brienne is, she lacks the cunning and guile to assasinate Stannis, which means she would probably challenge Stannis to single combat, in which she will probably die because of some trick Stannis used. Or Stannis could just plain out refuse and have her burned. Or she'll never meet Stannis at all.

As skilled with a sword as Brienne is, she lacks the cunning and guile to assasinate Stannis, which means she would probably challenge Stannis to single combat, in which she will probably die because of some trick Stannis used. Or Stannis could just plain out refuse and have her burned. Or she'll never meet Stannis at all.

Trick? Like shadowbaby?

Yes, or maybe Stannis would be more skilled than Brienne, he's got to be quite good at swordfighting, even though he is definitely not Robert. And Brienne lost to Biter. Also she has never fought in a single battle.

Where do you get that Stannis is good at sword fighting, let alone in Brienne's class? Are you thinking of the show?

Edit: also, she didn't lose to Biter. She fought Rorge, and as she was killing him Biter jumped on her.

Stannis is probably average, but definitely not in Brienne's class. But why would he even fight Brienne, he would just say no. And arrest her for threatening the king

Excactly. Brienne wouldn't even be able to draw a knife near Stannis without Suggs or Horpe killing her first.Like the Karstark in the Theon preview chapter.

I doubt she would even try any more after realizing Stannis wasn't lying about the children not being Roberts .Its all about what Oaths are worth keeping .,would she kill Stannis if it meant that she had to kill some of Stannis's sworn swords to accomplish it. As slow as she had been moving through the Riverlands . I can't see her ever meeting Stannis again and like everyone else has said she would never be allow close to Stannis " Words are Wind"

Well, Dany is the slayer of lies after all (but I hope not :frown5: )

In what way is Stannis a lie to slay? All Daenerys saw was A blue-eyed king who casts no shadow (Stannis) who raises a red sword in his hand.

She didn't see him die and there were no allusions to his death (Like Robb Stark).

The vision of a king with a crown of flames consuming him was seen by Stannis. This could allude to him being consumed by his stuggle to claim the throne, not just his death.

Latest thoughts:

Jaime, The Kingslayer, is allowed to See to his sweet sister Cersei. Catelyn swore a vow to that.

This pans out after Sansa and Rickon come into play. Arya assumed dead. Sansa near the vale, Rickon brings the full support of white Harbor to Stannis thanks to Davos. No harm has come to Tullys or Starks from Jaime.

His one true friend Tyrion, echo even moon boy, absolves his brother/Sansa of Kingslaying by admitting to the incest.

Uses Widows Wail to reverse the Tyrion/Tywin Parallel of kinslaying

Sansa may let Tyrion in on the answer: LF's brothels. Thats where Whores

Jaime teaches her their is no perfect knight, Brienne keeps maidenhood because Jaime lied about Sapphires. Then lies to him. That oathbreaking bitch!

She failed Everybody, but can take her own advise to one handed Jaime and seek vengence.

Brienne the Beauty, in lying to Jaime in the worst way(Shae?) ,can only hope to fulfill the vow to her King Renly.

How does Brienne manage to confront Stannis? None other than the Flea Bottom Hand himself, tricked by a maid in warriors outfit with tales of sapphires. Where?

NONE OTHER THAN THE TWINS!

Stannis moves on the last enenmy of the North. With of colors red and blue......Cersei/Brienne The red/blue beautifu women in Jaime's life.

Archived