The Collective DCU TVerse -- Lions, Titans, and Supergirls

Bastard of Boston

Yea, not great. Mostly because of the need to set everything up in one episode which cripples so many pilots, but even considering that it was pretty clunky. The inability to say 'Superman' got really annoying, and there's gonna be ongoing issues with Superman not helping clean up a bunch of Kryptonian criminals......kinda sounds like something he'd wanna help with, hard to imagine that things in Metropolis are so bad he can't spare a minute. Can't think of much that's gonna draw me in to the next episode, don't particular care about any of these people. The MIB squad was pretty stupid, the General meeting probably the first alien he's ever met and being a condescending dick. The plane rescue was probably the only bit I really liked, and I'm a sucker for a Kryptonian saving a plane so that's not hard.

I missed what happened at the end, that wasn't Superman's mother was it? Maybe Kara's mothers sister? It played like it was supposed to be a shocking reveal and I didn't really get it.

I missed what happened at the end, that wasn't Superman's mother was it? Maybe Kara's mothers sister? It played like it was supposed to be a shocking reveal and I didn't really get it.

Spoiler
I assumed the mother's twin sister.

What does everyone think of the theory that CBS "leaked" this on purpose to cut off the trailer discourse?

I thought the trailer was just "okay." It's the type of thing I'd stick with, but in the hopes that it would eventually get better. The actress playing Kara is good enough. I actually think Cat Grant could be a fun character, RomCom trope be damned. Honestly, the aspect of the trailer which bothered me the most was the reveal of the big bad. The evil twin sister stuff is just not worth venturing into. I do like the idea that Kara was somehow responsible for knocking the Kryptonian prison out of the Phantom Zone, however.

What does everyone think of the theory that CBS "leaked" this on purpose to cut off the trailer discourse?

Probably true, the quality was much better than other leaked pilots, no watermarks, etc.

Makes sense. The leaked trailer for the Flash actually helped the show, people saw it was going to be fun.

Legends of Tomorrow stuff. It was originally in the Flash thread, but it seemed more appropriate to put it here.

Well, The big mystery is what are the going to do w/ Firestorm?

We do know that Robbie Amell will be on Flash (at least at the start of the season) and that Garber/Firestorm are going be on Legends. We haven't been told that Robbie Amell is part of Legends. I read that a popular theory is that Amell/Raymond are going to be killed off(The speech Stein gives about been half a hero), and that Garber/Stein might be paired w/ Jason Rusch on Legends. Which will be what turn Snow towards be coming Killer Frost. When ask about Amell/Raymond one of the guys behind Legends said he couldn't comment him, because of the DC's marketing dept.

He says 'I'm half a hero, and my other half is combustible.' It sounds like he's referring to Ronnie, I didn't get the impression he was dead at that point.

Is Heatwave even in this? He's in that intro scene where it says Captain Cold and Heatwave, but he's not in any of the other shots.

Old article, but contains speculation about the as of yet mysterious 'Jay Jackson' character.

http://screenrant.com/flash-arrow-spinoff-wally-west-actor-franz-drameh/

• 5 weeks later...

Tyrese Gibson (of 'earn that paycheck Tyrese!' fame) is very heavily hinting he'll be John Stewart. I am not thrilled at the prospect. And if it's with Pine as Jordan I'll be even less interested.

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-reboot-tyrese-gibson/

Funny you should mention it. The LoT Writers' Room created a Twitter yesterday. One of their tweets allegedly mentioned the show was coming Spring 2016, but it seems to have been deleted. I don't think they really know when she show is coming, sadly.

It was the LoT Writers Room's first tweet.

Hello World! Who else is super excited about Legends of Tomorrow, premiering Spring 2016 on the CW? http://t.co/NqpbJ9Th8x

— LoT Writers Room (@LoTWritersRoom) June 25, 2015

It would make more sense for them to put it in a slot when Arrow and Flash aren't on. Otherwise that's 3 superhero episodes per week.

New Trailer for Supergirl. Less focus on the rom-com elements and more on powers and action.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-trailer-international-tv-series/

It'll be out the 11th of July.

Do we have dates for Legends yet?

I wonder how many episodes they have filmed? It looks like the pilot is at least done from the amout of footage in the trailer.

I think it would be wise to have it as a mide season fill-in and then hopefully we wouldn't get the sporadic release of the second half of Flash and Arrow (which happened quite a bit this year) and worse resulted in the shows being out of sync.

It was the LoT Writers Room's first tweet.

It would make more sense for them to put it in a slot when Arrow and Flash aren't on. Otherwise that's 3 superhero episodes per week.

If it's still true that Supergirl is part of the same "world" it's 4 episodes a week, Then there's all the other superhero shows but I guess they are a little more "optional".

If it's still true that Supergirl is part of the same "world" it's 4 episodes a week, Then there's all the other superhero shows but I guess they are a little more "optional".

Oh I didn't realise they were part of the same universe. I assumed what with being on different networks they were separate.

I think it's technically the same universe, but effectively not.

I think the studios have said they won't be allowing cross-over appearances or anything. (Or if they didn't explicitly state it, they heavily implied they wouldn't be).

I think it's technically the same universe, but effectively not.

I think the studios have said they won't be allowing cross-over appearances or anything. (Or if they didn't explicitly state it, they heavily implied they wouldn't be).

This article points out that CBS co-owns CW so it's not as large a conflict of interest as it may seem. If the Supergirl creators have any sense they will make it as feasible as possible that it's in the same universe as Flash and Arrow - even if they can't cross over. Just drop little easter eggs and don't have any contradictory elements. Although DaveSumm points out an obvious one.

I reckon it's one of those scenarios where Supergirl will only push it if the ratings are bad, by which point CW may want to insulate itself from the show.

I'll be watching them like Voyager and DS9 - same "universe" but never crossing over. Or probably a little closer to Buffy and Angel when they were on different channels.

I'd be fine with it if it transpired that Supergirl was slightly in the future. I've always thought it'd be a really cool twist right in the middle of a completely different plot to suddenly drop a breaking news story that a flying man just saved a bunch of people from a helicopter crash in Metropolis. I mean, I take it we are to assume that one day, the rest of the JL will appear? I don't mean in Flash or Arrow, just in the hypothetical, fictional futures of the shows once they're off air?

Only problem is, Superman appears to be pretty established by the time Supergirl shows up so there'd have to be a gap before we saw any crossovers. Unless (massively unlikely) Ollie and Barry showed up in Supergirl as older versions of themselves and drop ominous hints about how things have gone for them. Kinda like the stuff Ollie says about the island currently. Plus, there's always time travel courtesy of Rory from LoT, maybe he hooks people up as and when. Things could get very messy very quickly like that though.

Only problem is, Superman appears to be pretty established by the time Supergirl shows up so there'd have to be a gap before we saw any crossovers. Unless (massively unlikely) Ollie and Barry showed up in Supergirl as older versions of themselves and drop ominous hints about how things have gone for them. Kinda like the stuff Ollie says about the island currently. Plus, there's always time travel courtesy of Rory from LoT, maybe he hooks people up as and when. Things could get very messy very quickly like that though.

Aye a timeline I saw somewhere. Superman is 33, Supergirl is 22. So he's been going a little while you'd have thought.

This article points out that CBS co-owns CW so it's not as large a conflict of interest as it may seem. If the Supergirl creators have any sense they will make it as feasible as possible that it's in the same universe as Flash and Arrow - even if they can't cross over. Just drop little easter eggs and don't have any contradictory elements. Although DaveSumm points out an obvious one.

I reckon it's one of those scenarios where Supergirl will only push it if the ratings are bad, by which point CW may want to insulate itself from the show.

I'll be watching them like Voyager and DS9 - same "universe" but never crossing over. Or probably a little closer to Buffy and Angel when they were on different channels.

Easter eggs are the way to go initially. However, should a crossover come to pass, don't waste time with mental gymnastics trying to tie why Arrow had never mentioned Superman, just roll with it.

There's always messing with the timeline as an available option when it comes to excusing any plot holes. Supergirl could exist in the "prime" timeline, before the timeline was changed with Barry's mother's murder.

Also, Titans has allegedly been retitled "Blackbirds" and pushed back.

http://season-zero.com/titans-creator-confirms-the-shooting-of-the-dc-comics-pilot/

Archived