How/When starts the Second Dance?

The King in Black

So it's happening. We know between whom, but what are your ideas about the why, when and how?

Here's what I think happens: Daenerys and Aegon will initially ally when she arrives in westeros and he's already captured a few kingdoms. It's all jolly well to begin with, but soon both disapprove of each others armies and overall approach. The advisors on both sides start thinking about a split, and soon aegon will (mostly on provocation of his Dornish 'friends') take a rash decision that offends team dany eg claim a dragon or worse steal one with the Dragonbinder, or proclaim the red religion illegal to appease the faith ,etc . Dany's pals try finding dirt on him as things break down and find some proof of him being blackfyre. And so it begins.

Your thoughts?

So it's happening. We know between whom, but what are your ideas about the why, when and how?

Here's what I think happens: Daenerys and Aegon will initially ally when she arrives in westeros and he's already captured a few kingdoms. It's all jolly well to begin with, but soon both disapprove of each others armies and overall approach. The advisors on both sides start thinking about a split, and soon aegon will (mostly on provocation of his Dornish 'friends') take a rash decision that offends team dany eg claim a dragon or worse steal one with the Dragonbinder, or proclaim the red religion illegal to appease the faith ,etc . Dany's pals try finding dirt on him as things break down and find some proof of him being blackfyre. And so it begins.

Your thoughts?

Most likely Aegon and Dany will fight as soon as Dany arrives in Westeros.

Aegon wants to be king Dany wants to be Queen.Unless they marry I don't see how it would work.

I think Dany will first take Dragonstone before her main forces come to Westeros. By this time, fAegon will be in the process of solidiying his rule in Stormlands, Dorne and the Reach. Ravens will fly and the first phase of the Dance will be fought with quills. Dany will secure the Vale thanks to Tyrion's diplomatic skills and that will be the place her armies land on Westeros. After securing the Vale, Dany will quickly descend on Riverlands and bring justice to the remaining Freys, which will bring her Tullys and the remnants of Robb's forces in the South. However, the Brackens will probably declare for fAegon. Harrenhal will be Dany's base and Oldtown will be fAegon's base. After that, full scale battles will start.

Dorne will back Aegon through his marriage to Arianne. Once Doran learns of Quentyn death by the dragons there will be no love for Dany in Dorne.

Dany will have the reach through either a marriage to Willas or a Tarly take over.

Aegon will gain a dragon one of the two remaining Dragons once Vic blows the horn capturing one and sending the other one flying off. Dany will want her dragon and her kingdom which Aegon will not give up.

He has been taught that he is the King not a Co-Ruler. He will not want to share power with Dany. And after what sharing power has done for Dany in Meereen she will no doubt not want to share it as well.

Aegon needs a Dragon otherwise it will be just another Blackfyre Rebellion. Then again in the end maybe Jon does as well. If Jon fought he would have The North, The Vale, and The Riverlands, with a shot at the Stormlands.

I honestly don't think that there will be a second dance due to the fact that;

1) If Dany lands in Westeros, it will be at the end of TWoW;

2) Dany will meet Marwyn the Mage who will convince her to go to The Wall;

3) At The Wall, strange things will happen (that will take up all of ADoS) that will include Others, Dragons, Stannis, Jon, Melisandre, Bran etc. Either way, by the end of it, the Others are defeated and Dany, Stan, Mel, Jon and Bran die.

But I do think that there will be a war involving the whole of Westeros (excluding Dany):

1) The North, Riverlands and The Vale (under Sansa's command) supporting Shireen (or Rickon as King in The North);

2) The Reach, Stormlands and Dorne supporting Aegon;

3) The Iron Islands supporting Euron;

4) The Westerlands and Crownlands supporting Tommen/Myrcella.

I thought GRRM said there would be a second dance of dragons. My suspicion is that Vic has the horn blown and binds Rhaegal. Vic flies Rhaegal to Westeros but is somehow killed by (f)Aegon's forces. This give (f)Aegon the opportunity to bind with Rhaegal. Eventually, Dany gets to Westeros riding Drogon--and the battle is on. I think that (f)Aegon dies in the battle, and Rhaegal flies off, and somehow is attracted to and binds with Jon (the son of Rhaegal's namesake).

Just wild speculation, but it makes sense in my head.

Dorne will side with Aegon and will want Dany to die when they hear of Quentyn's 'murder'. Aegon might even marry Arianne. Dany will not believe he is the real deal because of the mummer's dragon in the prophecy. Poor Aegon will not want to fight his auntie but will have no choice because she wants to steal his throne (the Lannisters and Tyrells have vanished into thin air in this theory, or maybe Aegon already took KL). Aegon steals one of the dragons (I'd fancy his chances better if it's Rhaegal rather than Viserion).

I have no idea what happens then but probably Aegon dies. Either way, they burn whatever lies in their path. Maybe it would make most sense to have their fight in the riverlands, seeing as that's already pretty much burnt to pieces, how much more damage can a couple of dragons do? Thousands of small folk die, everybody starves and at the end of it, Dany learns he was really her nephew. That would be tough.

Yeah, but they can marry too, even go the old polygamy way. Why fight?

Because, there is going to be a second Dance, and Aegon wouldn't want to piss off the Faith by taking a second wife gien what happened when Maegor did it.

I think Dany will likely know Aegon is fake before she lands in Westeros. I doubt they will be allied, or the entire conflict will be wrapped up in one book.

I think Dany will first take Dragonstone before her main forces come to Westeros. By this time, fAegon will be in the process of solidiying his rule in Stormlands, Dorne and the Reach. Ravens will fly and the first phase of the Dance will be fought with quills. Dany will secure the Vale thanks to Tyrion's diplomatic skills and that will be the place her armies land on Westeros. After securing the Vale, Dany will quickly descend on Riverlands and bring justice to the remaining Freys, which will bring her Tullys and the remnants of Robb's forces in the South. However, the Brackens will probably declare for fAegon. Harrenhal will be Dany's base and Oldtown will be fAegon's base. After that, full scale battles will start.

Agreed, except I think the Freys will be taken care of later, in the mean time Dany would focus on Aegon. Dany would send out ravens from Dragonstone saying Aegon is fake first, to establish the legitimacy of her claim.

I agree that Harrenhal will be Dany's main base. It can host a large army, is in the heart of Westeros equidistant from the regions making it easier for lords declaring for Dany to gather to her cause, and at the crossroads of the roads connecting the capital and regions. The Westerlands relief force would have to get past Harrenhal to reach KL, and Aegon's forces would have the same problem.

The fighting would probably begin with Dany's forces having extended far into Aegon's territory only to suffer a major setback, and lose a lot of ground and possibly Rhaegal. After the setback, when things seem bad, that would be when the war reaches a turning point in Dany's favor given GRRM makes the lows low to make the highs higher.

I'm starting to doubt the dance is going to happen. Yeah, I know GRRM said it, but he said it some years ago, and there is a chance he could have changed his mind. Why wouldn't he? And we already saw the first one, via tpatq.

I mean, given one of his recent interviews, he pretty much implied that Dany will return to Westeros almost at the end of the books. Considering all that will happen for her, when is she going to fight Aegon? Also, I definitely don't see Aegon surviving this book, and I think he might die even before she gets there. Or, if this Dance happen in the last chapters, it's going to be so quick that it will feel anticlimactic. Dany gets to Westeros and kills Aegon in one chapter?

The "dance" will begin again when the are several dragrondriders with differing aims. Dany may be the mother of these dragons, but she will only ride Drogon. Rhaegal and Viserion will be ridden, and thus commanded by I'm assuming Tyrion, and Victarion. Once the dragons are commanded by their riders to different ends no one knows what will happen.

Perhaps Tyrion will support Aegon. Perhaps Victarion will lose his to Euron. Once the dragons are mounted the world is at the mercy of the dragonrider's whim.

Let the games begin.

I'm starting to doubt the dance is going to happen. Yeah, I know GRRM said it, but he said it some years ago, and there is a chance he could have changed his mind. Why wouldn't he? And we already saw the first one, via tpatq.

I mean, given one of his recent interviews, he pretty much implied that Dany will return to Westeros almost at the end of the books. Considering all that will happen for her, when is she going to fight Aegon? Also, I definitely don't see Aegon surviving this book, and I think he might die even before she gets there. Or, if this Dance happen in the last chapters, it's going to be so quick that it will feel anticlimactic. Dany gets to Westeros and kills Aegon in one chapter?

Except the second Dance has been pointed to in Dany's POV and in others since AGoT, and what is the point of Aegon if he is going to impact Dany's storyline or the storyline of any other POV character? Without him, Dany would basically win the war in one book.

Dany will go Westeros likely in the mid to end of TWOW, IMO, and end in ADoS. GRRM will have it go back and forth to keep the reader guessing who will win. He won't have the war reach a turning point in her favor, IMO, until after she suffers a massive loss.

So, I bump this thread becaue Julia Martell and I were discussing in the Dornish Debate thread if fAegon could prove himself real easily or not. She believes not; I believe he could.

At least, he could prove himself to be him as good as the real Aegon could.

Also, we were discussing if Arianne would like him or not. I believe she'd like how he looks, but that the key would be the power he could give her; the chances of proving her father Doran and herself that she could be a great ruler.

And the impact Dorne would have in the second Dance or the battle against the Others

This was my last post:

But then, I don't see how Dorne would be relevant. I honestly don't think they are going to be huge in the final fight against the Others.

People in Westeros don't have half the information we have; they don't know about Blackfyre line not being extinct, they don't know half the things we do. Not even the Lords, even less the smallfolk.

I mean, just an example: do you really think the Lords of Westeros could come up with the "fAegon = Brightflame" theory? I honestly don't.

Also, the question I wrote is still good: the real Aegon couldn't prove himself a Targ better than fAegon could. Unless Aegon had a birthmark, and fAegon doesn't.

So, JonCon is the key here. And JonCon believes he's real.

What do you think guys?

Archived