The Griffin vs. The Bear

Rorey Targaryen

People in KL is all "oh, no... Jon Connington is back! He has probably gotten more dangerous!!". No one is saying "oh, noes... it's Jorah Mormont! Run!!". Even Tywin's only comment about him was "too soon".

I think the majority reaction to Jorah Mormont coming back would be "who?"

It seems to me that Jon Connington actually had more experience in battle and campaigns then Jorah Mormont. If what the Griffon ruminates on is true, that he was effective as Toyne's second in command for a number of years, then he has the experience of being one of the primary leaders of one of the most effective fighting force we have yet seen. Mercenaries can be unreliable in terms of their loyalty, but being active in the administration of such a company and moving them about would be valuable experience for any soldier. The Bear acted as a sellsword as well, but amongst smaller and less reputable companies.

I think the majority reaction to Jorah Mormont coming back would be "who?"

Varys to the realm, "You know... That one guy... From up north... He did some stuff in the greyjoy rebellion... Won a tourney and the hand of a beautiful woman... Sold some dudes into slavery... Ran away with his tail tucked to Essos... Kind of sold out the only person in the world who liked him... Basically the very bland guy from Bear Island... Yea I don't remember him either. "

Varys to the realm, "Now what about our Hand of the King Jon Con? He's that shit yo. One time he almost killed Robert and ended some war. He's from a place called Griffins roost. He's got the red hair of Kings. He was best friend to the King that should have been. He died in exile from a bunch of booze and a broken heart.. But wait he's back? Hell yea, break out the dornish red and grab a couple of glasses, the Griffin is back in the stormlands."

Uhhh the one who's stayed loyal from start to finish so far. Not the one who only stayed because of dragons.

What? Jorah was loyal to Daenerys before the Dragons. In fact, he swore loyalty to her when she was most vulnerable and when she was litterally nothing.

Answering th OP:

1. Mormont

2. I honestly don’t know but I'm going to say Jorah because he has proven in a way to be the ultimate survivor.

I’m just going to say about Mormont that he is one of the few advisers which actually has helped the person he is advising to get in to a throne and is one of the few protectors that has managed to keep the person he is protecting alive even against all odds. I think Jorah is probably one of the most underrated characters out there and I honestly don’t understand why, he has proven that he is incredibly pragmatic, intelligent and capable.

Archived