The Griffin vs. The Bear

Rorey Targaryen

I don't see what wanting to bang Dany has to do with Jorah being good or not, or being loyal. JonCon wanted to bang Aegon's dad and no one objects that...

Because he truly loves Aegon, and would die for him. A true father. Where Jorah "love" appears more fetish then anything else.

Because he truly loves Aegon, and would die for him. A true father. Where Jorah "love" appears more fetish then anything else.

I don't deny JonCon loves his "son" (although many would say it's not true). But Jorah's love doesn't have to be less valuable. If Rhaegar had gone exiled instead of Aegon, JonCon would also follow him out of love, I suppose. Also, Jon also have his creepy moments, like thinking Elia wasn't worthy and stuff like that.

I don't deny JonCon loves his "son" (although many would say it's not true). But Jorah's love doesn't have to be less valuable. If Rhaegar had gone exiled instead of Aegon, JonCon would also follow him out of love, I suppose. Also, Jon also have his creepy moments, like thinking Elia wasn't worthy and stuff like that.

He spied on her and then bitched about it. Jon would die before doing such a thing. Well he did have a creep love for him, I would not deny, but he loves Aegon, as man would his son, and would die a hindred times to see his enemies destroyed, not aid them.

Jorah would die for Dany and actually has put his life in risk for her many times, I suppose that not everybody defines love by the same standars but for me Jorah is a character "as in love" as someone can be. You don't risk your life and throw away your chance of going back home for a "fetish", I think you do that kind of sacrifices for someone you truly care abou and "love". And jus curious what decisions has Jorah made with his penis?

He spied on her and then bitched about it. Jon would die before doing such a thing. Well he did have a creep love for him, I would not deny, but he loves Aegon, as man would his son, and would die a hindred times to see his enemies destroyed, not aid them.

I don't deny that Jorah was a spy and worked against Dany. But he agreed on it before he meet her. Then, he fall in love and decided to be loyal to her. The circumstances are different: Jorah was "hired" to spy on her, while Jon and Rhaegar have known each other pretty much since they were young, idem for Aegon, who was raised by Jon. There was no chance for him to actually betray them.

OTOH, if you ask me if Jon had indeed agreed on spy on the Targ kids to gain some favour, I doubt Jon would have agree. First, he wouldn't betray Rhaegar's brother and sister and he doesn't look like the kind of man who would betray a child like that.

Jorah would die for Dany and actually has put his life in risk for her many times, I suppose that not everybody defines love by the same standars but for me Jorah is a character "as in love" as someone can be. You don't risk your life and throw away your chance of going back home for a "fetish", I think you do that kind of sacrifices for someone you truly care abou and "love". And jus curious what decisions has Jorah made with his penis?

And betrays her to her enemies. You do when she looks just like your wife and creepily push all men away from her.

I don't deny that Jorah was a spy and worked against Dany. But he agreed on it before he meet her. Then, he fall in love and decided to be loyal to her. The circumstances are different: Jorah was "hired" to spy on her, while Jon and Rhaegar have known each other pretty much since they were young, idem for Aegon, who was raised by Jon. There was no chance for him to actually betray them.

OTOH, if you ask me if Jon had indeed agreed on spy on the Targ kids to gain some favour, I doubt Jon would have agree. First, he wouldn't betray Rhaegar's brother and sister and he doesn't look like the kind of man who would betray a child like that.

And continued afterward and bitched when caught.

Jon is a man of honor, and would die before becoming such a snake.

I don't see what wanting to bang Dany has to do with Jorah being good or not, or being loyal. JonCon wanted to bang Aegon's dad and no one objects that...

I wonder if we are going to have some sexual tension between Jon and Arianne....over Aegon.

Jon:Bitch you best be backing off my King.

I wonder if we are going to have some sexual tension between Jon and Arianne....over Aegon.

Jon:Bitch you best be backing off my King.

He doesn't see Aegon in "that" way.

At least, one thing on his favour is that we haven't seen Jon with some random blonde prostitutes

and thanks to HBO, we never will

The first part I agree. He should have confessed at soon as he started to feel sorry about it. He wouldn't be exiled from the exile like he's right now.

I also agree with that but I tend to think that there is more about Jorah than meets the eye and I'm still not sure how bad for Dany was his betrayal. When he said that Varys wanted Dany watched but not harmed I belive him. And I also think there is a reason why he is not a POV and why the show has chosen to portray him in such a positive light. (The whitewashing of that character is only comparable to the one they have done with Tyrion in my opinion). I have a feeling that he may surprise us in the future and as I said before I think he is a really underrated character.

I also agree with that but I tend to think that there is more about Jorah than meets the eye and I'm still not sure how bad for Dany was his betrayal. When he said that Varys wanted Dany watched but not harmed I belive him. And I also think there is a reason why he is not a POV and why the show has chosen to portray him in such a positive light. (The whitewashing of that character is only comparable to the one they have done with Tyrion in my opinion). I have a feeling that he may surprise us in the future and as I said before I think he is a really underrated character.

I agree with all this. Ian Glen's portrayal off Jorah has actually really made me appreciate Jorah as a character more. He was never really one of my favorites while reading the books, but Ian Glen is so fantastic as Ser Jorah. Along with Charles Dance as Tywin, they're a couple characters I really came to appreciate more due to the show.

Iain Glen was one of the most prestigious actors they casted back in season 1 and they gave him the role of Jorah Mormont when physically he is nothing like the character in the books. Maybe I'm biased because I really like Jorah but I thought that was a quite telling move..

Anyway, regarding JonCon

Really hope he is not cut from the show, but things aren't looking good for him :(

I agree with all this. Ian Glen's portrayal off Jorah has actually really made me appreciate Jorah as a character more. He was never really one of my favorites while reading the books, but Ian Glen is so fantastic as Ser Jorah. Along with Charles Dance as Tywin, they're a couple characters I really came to appreciate more due to the show.

Yea they are really good.

My question is two fold:

1. Who do you think is the better right hand man between the two?

2. Who would win in a duel?

Jorah, and Jorah.

Both are broken men of a sort, exiled from their homes, but Connington is still very arrogant for a man in his position.

Jorah would probably be more savage if they fought a duel, and that may give him a slight edge. He is also tough as hell; he was still defying the slavers even after they brutalized him.

Archived