The Cutting of Rhaenys's children the girls and Aegon I Targaryen only having Two sons

Black Dragons

The New Book Fire and Blood/ Sons of Dragon

Maegor the Cruel from the semi-canon had marry his half sister from the Rhaenys's line who was Aenys's (full sister) but NOW the author is cutting the girls children why? it makes not no sense with Aegon I Targaryen having only two sons because in series Rhaenys's line survive while Visenya's line dies out because she only had ONE SON and one son did not have any children. This makes make me upset why change thing that does not need changing.

To WMarshal Ok if this new plot that Aegon I only had two sons one was in question of not being his son cough! cough! (Aenys I) he could have still leave daughters in, because in Rhaenys's semi canon it reads that she may have affairs with other men or that the son (Aenys) have slight lighter hair color and daughters too than the father. He could still leave the daughters in this tick me off because it always that Visenya had one son Maegar I and Rhaenys had Two or more children and that reason why that Aegon spent more time with her he had more sex with her.

Perhaps because the Targaryen history has now been fleshed out more and better, and the date of the death of Rhaenys has been established.

The last big update from the app tells us that the war against Dorne, in which Rhaenys seems to have played a big role, started in 4AC. The war would last for years, ending only after Rhaenys' death in 10AC (source: latest reading of the Sons of the Dragon). It is difficult to go to war on the back of your dragon while you are pregnant, and one pregnancy during these times is already much.

But also, look at the description of Aenys (born in 7AC) given:

Aenys Targaryen was indeed a sickly and weak child, with spindly arms, watery eyes. He always wept, and refused to be fed by midwives which is why Rhaenys was forced to feed him almost exclusively herself.

Aenys was very sickly. Perhaps due to the fact that he needed additional care from his mother almost exclusively, in addition to Rhaenys also having to fight in a war, there just simply wasn't any time.

And, I'd like to add, we don't know yet whether there were any miscarriages.

Fire and Blood, previously known under the fan-created name GRRMarillion, a book on Targaryen history, to be released 3 or 4 years after A Dream of Spring (as the plans now stand).

The specific piece being referred to here, is the piece called The Sons of the Dragon, a piece about the reigns of Aegon I, and his sons, Aenys I and Maegor I.

Other pieces already written for this book are the piece about The Dance of the Dragons (the 80.000 words piece, 30,000 words of which we´ve read already as The Princess and the Queen, and IIRC, also the story The Rogue Prince, in its unedited form).

Amongst other pieces, I seem to recall.

If Rhaenys had other lovers during the early years of their marriage, then I suppose she drink moon tea often. And Visenya doesn't really look like "mommy" material, so probably did the same. And when Aegon decided he wanted to conquer Westeros, they realise they couldn't have children if they were going to help her.

I mean, let's look to each of the sisters points of view on that: Rhaenys was the marriage for "lust", so to speak. She seemed to really enjoy her life and have fun, so, she wouldn't like to settle up with children and let Visenya to do that. Visenya, otoh, was a marriage for duty, so she could have thought something like "yeah, if he spends all his time with her (9 of every 10), let her have his children, then".

They married seven years before the War of Conquest Rhaenys and Visenya and Aegon I that gives Rhaenys lot of time to have Aenys and one or two daughters.

We don't know when Aegon and Rhaenys married, but most likely, not all too long before the Conquest.you won't get pregnant then, because there is a war to fight and that is dangerous to do during a pregnancy.

And just that there was time doesn't mean there were children. Look at all the other characters who ate married for years, yet don't have children, or whose child was born only years into the marriage..

We don't know when Aegon and Rhaenys married, but most likely, not all too long before the Conquest.you won't get pregnant then, because there is a war to fight and that is dangerous to do during a pregnancy.

And just that there was time doesn't mean there were children. Look at all the other characters who ate married for years, yet don't have children, or whose child was born only years into the marriage..

Well! that is right about about some married couples that have been married for years and have no children at all, but look at Cat and Ned as soon they were married they had Robb, my point is that they did have children, it dosent' matter if they set of the war of conquest the next day of their marriage. If the author is trying to show that Aegon I had trouble with making children he could still show it without cutting out the daughters of Rheaenys.

It could be because these stories are sometimes told from the POV of the Maester writing them, and the Maester writing this one doesn't think daughters are important. Or it could be that the story was getting too long and something had to be cut out.

I thinking the same thing that Maesters wrote them, but just cut out daughters(from the family tree) because they were not important, but looks like that author is erase the daughters. I believe it mistake because if you read the semi-canon it reads that Maegar I had marry one of Aenys's (full sister).

But we don't know if the author erased the daughter(s) or if that report was wrong. That wife of Maegor could have been Rhaena.

That same person said Orys Baratheon was killed at Harrenhal, but it was another Hand and he didn't remember the name. It's very hard to remember so many details from a reading.

Besides, semi-canon is not canon. We only know of Aenys and Maegor from the books.

Archived