Football: 3542 Pardew Must Go, Bring on Moyes

MercenaryChef

Villa second in the Premier League after four games. Wtf.

Shame Swansea couldn't hang on after I had to turn off. Costa's making my prediction that he'll struggle look... well, dreadful. Boo. Seven goals in four games, that's a bit unseemly.

I'm not convinced he doesn't do it just to spite you, you know.

Yeah, slightly surprised that Liverpool didn't make Guzan work more, the only significant chance I can remember is the shot by Coutinho that struck the post. Villa defended well though, didn't think they would be able to as Liverpool had plenty of time.

Liverpool already looked short of an attacking spark in prior games and then had to play an unfamiliar attacking three today. I'm not surprised they weren't able to connect well enough to defeat a parked bus. Disappointing though. Hopefully Rodgers' coaching will help them all to gel quickly.

I was rooting hard for Swansea but I could only laugh each time Diego Costa put another one in. He's easily the premier assassin in the Premier League this season and such a character it's impossible not to love watching him play even as I'm praying for Chelsea to lose.

Re:Pardew

That is not a great squad that he is working with and these results should not be a surprise. Players like Remy and Demba Ba are gone, and what is left that is even second tier quality? This is a relegation level team.

City came awfully close to taking 3 points there, but Dzeko let them down. And the ref as well, admittedly.

Of course it is. There's not even 3 good, second tier players on that team. It doesn't need to be the worst team in the league on paper in order or it to be a relegation level team, which it certainly is. The only caveat you could make is that yes, it a team that could easily relegate, but it's in a bracket of 6 or so teams of fairly similar "strength".

Of course it is. There's not even 3 good, second tier players on that team.

I don't know what you mean by 'second tier' - that could be anything from 'not as good as Ronaldo and Messi' to 'not fit for the Premiership at all', of which of course they don't have the first but they're far, far from the second- but even without Cabaye, Remy etc Newcastle have plenty of good players left and strengthened well in the summer. They're short up front especially since De Jong got himself injured long-term, but the rest of the team should not by any stretch of the imagination be struggling like they are.

Games like against Villa yesterday is where I fear we'll really miss Suarez. No one had the confidence, skill or flair to make something happen on their own. Sterling tried when he came on, and there were a couple of attempts from Coutinho, but Villa were incredibly disciplined and perfectly neutralised Liverpool's attack. Lambert seems to have Rodgers number. Very annoying, as it was a great chance to establish a foothold in the top four.

Disappointing first Anfield starts for Lallana, Markovic and Balotelli. I was surprised to hear Sterling wasn't starting, and there were a lot of new players in the starting 11 (Manquillo, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli), and as you might expect, they looked like strangers. Watching the game also left me with an even deeper appreciation for David Silva's talents. His passes are so incredibly precise, and his vision so acute, and we missed someone with that sort of skill sorely.

Chelsea look ridiculous. I really hope someone works them out, I'd hate to see Mourinho win again. Chelsea's summer transfers looked incredible on paper, but they look even better on the pitch (so far, at least).

Chelsea look unbeatable at the moment, but one potential consolation is that they don't have much striking backup if Costa goes down. They'll still have plenty of attacking midfielders (e.g. Fabregas, Hazard etc) but if their pure goalscorer goes off form or gets injured they will look a bit more vulnerable.

newcastle are not amazingly strong. they have no real strikers who are healthy. they loaned away a possible replacement for injured de jong. ben arfa could have slotted into that role.

but, despite that depth of the team and the talent pardew is in fact a problem. he has no imagination, no real plan going into any game, fails to motivate and inspire, and upon continued failures meets them with excuses.

he needs to go. he has no actual emotional investment in the team. i am pretty sure we see him given the sack in the weeks to come.

the team does have a lot of injuries. but, it is the lack of depth to take over for those injuries that is really an issue.

for me, this is how i would like to see the team set up.....when and if everyone is healthy....

krul

janmatt-williamson-colo-santon

tiote-colback

sissoko-de jong-cabella

cisse

if this lineup of players in healthy and in form newcastle should be able to find some results and look like a respectable premiership team.

Archived