Football: 3542 Pardew Must Go, Bring on Moyes

MercenaryChef

He's talking about Rojo, who's at LB today.

I don't think Shaw's fit yet though and Rojo is more likely to take Blackett's spot long-term.

Ahh yea, forgot about him. Gotcha.

Great free kick from Di Maria. Whipped in with pace and great location.

QPR are so, so bad.

I like that we're playing with a lopsided formation though - it's something we regularly did under Fergie, though not perhaps quite as blatantly as today where we're just outright playing with a left winger but no right.

Also, Di Maria will get the attention but Herrera has been excellent so far too - although he's still displaying that irritating-as-fuck tendency to play a pass too short just when he really needs not to.

Watching the corner there... can anyone remember a short corner that actually worked?

I can't for the life of me.

I remember West Ham scoring a goal on the near post directly from the corner against Liverpool a while back.

The ball didn't even hit the corner of the goal, it went in at some 3 feet above the ground.

James was in goal, so that explains a lot.

He'll be sold in January.

To Newcastle.

he is totally welcome to come along for the ride. our side lacks a truly competent diver.

Falcao's shit. Couldn't even score against QPR.

my thoughts exactly. that performance was worth 300k a week? i am suspicious. i expect five goals next week or he is a bust.

Even after donking QPR today I'm not taking Leicester away for granted after they held Arsenal. And they beat the team that beat City. And limited Chelsea to 2, no mean feat in these modern times. And they have Chris Wood.

Real Madrid are doo doo brains for selling Di Maria

Have you seen how many James shirts they've sold? Real always have their priorities in order.

Liverpool looked horrible, specially considering how good they usually are at home. Is it just me or do they look a lot more dangerous and fluid when they play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation rather than 4-3-3? Or did it only seem that way cause Villa parked the bus and defended really well?

Very disappointing match :(

Liverpool looked horrible, specially considering how good they usually are at home. Is it just me or do they look a lot more dangerous and fluid when they play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation rather than 4-3-3? Or did it only seem that way cause Villa parked the bus and defended really well?

It only seemed that way cause no Sturridge is sadface for Liverpool FC.

Sterling too I reckon. He has become a bit of a key player in the attacking front. With both of them gone the pace of the attack was pretty subdued. Other thing was that with 4-3-3, the fullbacks didn't seem to be as aggressive. Because the 4-1-2-1-2 is usually a bit narrow, the fullbacks get more space to run forward.

Hopefully the new players will gel together soon.

Hopefully the new players will gel together soon.

I reckon the evidence proves that the new players have gelled well already.

Senderos and Cissokho look like they've been there for years. Cleverly, Westwood and Delph were pretty seamless as well.

:p

Finally we get our first win and played some good football too. The midfield diamond worked well and the team looks more comfortable playing with four at the back. Not getting carried away though as QPR were utterly woeful. The games against Everton and Chelsea next month will give a true reflection of where we are.

Archived