Which character is most likely to be transgender?

Fanless Mace

Not even a chuckle.

Not really joking. I'm hoping there is a trans character reveal. I would trust GRRM to treat the issue sensitively, and it's a good thing to have more such charecters in fiction, if done respectfully.

Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

Arya and Brienne could both be considered transgender, though not transsexual. Neither one accepts the gender constraints placed on them; this could be considered the medieval Westerosi version of transgender. I think somewhere in GoT Arya says something about how she'd rather be a boy, and of course multiple folks think Brienne would be better off if she were a man.

Arya and Brienne could both be considered transgender, though not transsexual. Neither one accepts the gender constraints placed on them; this could be considered the medieval Westerosi version of transgender. I think somewhere in GoT Arya says something about how she'd rather be a boy, and of course multiple folks think Brienne would be better off if she were a man.

Eh. I can't recall any instances wherein Arya or Brienne exhibited gender dysphoria. Thinking that life would be easier as a man or that you'd be better off as a man is not the same thing as saying "I am a man" or "I am not a woman". Being gender variant is not the same thing as being transgender, and being uncomfortable by the societal constraints placed on you by your gender is not the same thing as identifying as another gender, a mixture of genders, no gender, etc.

She never said she would rather be a boy.. She would get upset when she was mistaken for a boy and would correct people. She only took the role of a boy because Yoren said it would save her.

There was a thread on this concerning Brienne and it was said Cersei fits it more than her. She is the one who wanted to be a male and had that weird scene with Taena.

Seriously???

Shoehorning stuff like this does no one any favors.

Preach. I began to despise RIordan for wrecking Nico's character just to get more Liberal support. If he wanted a gay character fine, but he should have not made one who is obviously attracted into females gay. It did not make sense at all.

GRRM is too good a writer to do that.

Though he probably made dragons able to change sexes., an interesting look on them if I say so myself.

None of them. In a medieval type of society such people, unless they were closeted in the very highest ranks of the nobility, would have been killed upon being discovered. Edward II of England is the best proof available that even being a king is not protection for anyone too flamboyant and out in the open.

And GRRM is too good a writer to do anything like this. Aside from the Renly/Loras stuff and Cersei and Daenerys engaging in some lite-lesbianism with their closest handmaidens GRRM will not make this a major feature of the last two books. I don't know where these ideas keep coming from these days but the creator and writer of a fictional world is under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to make his work match the cultural/social/political viewpoints of people in the real world. It's really just political correctness to presume that he does. Don't like what an author does? Then don't read him/her and find something else to match your expectations.

Aly Mormont is a man. As for the boobs, some pair/s of reserve socks under tunic would do.

No, just kidding....There does not seem to be anyone transgender (Sweets is a hermaphrodite) , all those girls seem to act as men as it's more practical...

Patchface.

None of them. In a medieval type of society such people, unless they were closeted in the very highest ranks of the nobility, would have been killed upon being discovered. Edward II of England is the best proof available that even being a king is not protection for anyone too flamboyant and out in the open.

Edward II's issue wasn't his homosexuality. It was his incompetence. See Richard the Lionheart for a popular "queer" King.

Archived