Help create my wedding playlist!

all swedes are racist

I want to hear from all you fabulous hip cool cats out there. Yeah, that means you! I'm putting together a playlist for my wedding, instead of paying some lame schlub to stand there and hit "play" on his PowerBook (more money for booze!)

So inspire me! I'm not asking you to do all the work, I have a significant list put together, but with all the shit I'm thinking of with less than two weeks to go, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I won't promise to use every suggestion, but any and all songs will be considered, no matter how serious or ridiculous they may seem.

We're looking for anything that could be used for cocktail hour (you know, whatever. Drinking schmoosing music), dinner (more cool, laid back stuff), and/or dance party/reception (Rumpshaker, or a reasonable facimile and slow jams, and just fun as hell type shit, or whatever)

Thanks guys. Any suggestion will be rewarded with a sloppy kiss from yours truly should we ever meet in person.

Among other things, we had NWA, Frank Sinatra, and Weezer on our wedding party playlist. And the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title was "Skulls" by the Misfits.

But seriously, do not neglect the Sinatra.

Among other things, we had NWA, Frank Sinatra, and Weezer on our wedding party playlist. And the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title was "Skulls" by the Misfits.

But seriously, do not neglect the Sinatra.

Yeessss. This is what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Everyone else, bring it!

Warning...my tastes are all over the place, and definitely not hip unless they qualify as retro-hip

Dean Martin - You Belong To Me

Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea

Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are, She's Got a Way, etc.

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

Elton John - Tiny Dancer, Your Song

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet

Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time

David Bowie - Golden Years

Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender, Fools Rush In, etc.

Michael Penn - No Myth

The Turtles - So Happy Together

Air Supply - Out of Nothing At All

Electric Six - Dance Commander

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

Styx - Mr. Roboto

Muse - Madness

Tally Hall - Banana Man

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Skid Row - I Remember You

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin' For You

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold

Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur

The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian

Warning...my tastes are all over the place, and definitely not hip unless they qualify as retro-hip

Dean Martin - You Belong To Me

Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea

Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are, She's Got a Way, etc.

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

Elton John - Tiny Dancer, Your Song

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet

Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time

David Bowie - Golden Years

Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender, Fools Rush In, etc.

Michael Penn - No Myth

The Turtles - So Happy Together

Air Supply - Out of Nothing At All

I approve of the bolded. :agree:

Rock Lobster?

Well, yeah, that's obviously my theme song. It's playing right now. There aren't even any speakers or anything around... It's weird.

To back up the spouse: NWA is absolutely crucial to any nuptials party. For underground flava, we added a bit of Dr. Octagon.

Now this is what I'm talking about

Oh shit, there's a horse in the hospital! :lol:

Specifically NOT Angie by the Rolling Stones. My SiL hired a guy to come in and croon this at her all over the stage during and after the kiss. I don't care that its a beautiful song, or that you love the Stones, or even that your name is Angie, a tragic ballad about failed love is probably not the best theme to have in "your" song for the rest of your marriage.

Some artists you've mentioned in the past and who are probably already on your playlist:

Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come

Chromeo - When The Night Falls

Some artists who probably aren't:

* The All Mighty Senators are a Baltimore legend. They are completely insane and you would enjoy them. Their singer is a crazy person who works under the name Landis Expandis and calls his drum set "Star Pussy." This is not a great version, the studio one is better.

I'll look through the back half of my collection when I don't have to book it to work.

Archived