In which climate would you like to live?

The Onion Sleight

We're talking here so often about where to live on "Planetoros", often mostly based on culture, laws, society, moral, customs, aso., but here it's now only about the climate.

Because I think even in the greatest, most liberal place/country/city/isle I wouldn't want to live, because I simply can't stand the heat and hot weather, and I love winter and snow and the cold and Northern countries; and the climate would be for me one of the most important factors for the live-decision.

I'd prefer the North's cold climate (but only as lord/lady with a nice warm castle), or the Riverlands' temperate one which would be probably the most alike my climate here in Germany.

A town like White Harbor would be perfect in my view (even in more than one thing).

What about you?

I feel like I'm boring for saying this, but I'll go with the Reach. It seems like the kind of place you can wear jeans and a tee everyday, plus their growing season is the longest (and surpluses, thus biggest). I mean, I'd want to vacation to the mountains, but for living, the sunny, grassy knolls suit my needs.

I just need a steady place. Living in Madrid, where you can have -5ºC and 43ºC the same year...bad. Really bad.

Cry me a river. Try Toronto where we have 30 degrees and 5 degrees in the same week.

Anyway, I will surprise no one by saying Dorne. I like dry heat, it's good for my asthma.

Cry me a river. Try Toronto where we have 30 degrees and 5 degrees in the same week.

Anyway, I will surprise no one by saying Dorne. I like dry heat, it's good for my asthma.

That's horrible as well. Although I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy living in Madrid in summer...this is not dry heat, this is breathing dust.

Across the lake, in Rochester, I'd argue our climate is more wacky than that :p

Anyway, Dorne would seem cool, but I like cloudy places with lots of rain, so.... I guess the Stormlands. The Rainwood would probably be really cool.

Across the lake, in Rochester, I'd argue our climate is more wacky than that :P

Anyway, Dorne would seem cool, but I like cloudy places with lots of rain, so.... I guess the Stormlands. The Rainwood would probably be really cool.

I don't think you'd like constant rain and thunderstorms 7 or 8 months a year like we get here in Costa Rica, so no Stormlands for me

I'd take the Vale. I love me some mountain air

Good point; my allergies would go nuts in The Reach with the pollen. I tend to dislike the heat, but that's because I'm used to humid conditions in the summer. Though I'm running for the hills as soon as I find a scorpion in my shoe.

Riverlands or Reach, i prefer a mild climate and lots of rivers/forests. I agree with OP, the former does remind me of Germany. When i was a kid, the first time i was in a plane flying over the country, i realized how crazy green/full of fields & forests the landscape is compared to the mediterranean area, it just blew my mind back then. That's how i picture the Riverlands, anyway. I'd love to live close to the Vale, though, because i like mountains too.

I don't think you'd like constant rain and thunderstorms 7 or 8 months a year like we get here in Costa Rica, so no Stormlands for me

I'd take the Vale. I love me some mountain air

:cheers:

The Vale is for me. Cold, but not as cold as the North.

Good point; my allergies would go nuts in The Reach with the pollen. I tend to dislike the heat, but that's because I'm used to humid conditions in the summer. Though I'm running for the hills as soon as I find a scorpion in my shoe.

Then you'll find me in the Westerlands :cheers:

That's horrible as well. Although I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy living in Madrid in summer...this is not dry heat, this is breathing dust.

I spent a whole summer in Salamanca and I was in heaven.

I hate the climate in Toronto, so I'm guessing I would hate the North as well. Although I did fairly well in Whitehorse, where it was colder in theory but at least it was consistant and I wasn't constantly getting pressure migraine like I do here.

I think those "summer snows" would kill me.

Where do we think would have the best kayaking/paddle-boarding? That my change my answer

Red Mountains of Dorne. No question.

Archived