Tywin fans unite!

Lord Orys

Anyone else a fan of Tywin? Even though I mostly side with Stannis I really just love Tywin's character. He was a political and militaristic genius that never lost a war. Sure he wasn't the best father and he treated his children with little respect, but that flaw makes him just even more intriguing. He did what he could to push his status in the feudal system and to make sure his House was remembered

So anyway, Tywin thread! p.s. House Reyne had it coming.

Well he certainly put those Reynes in their place, and he was the only man smart enough to wipe out the rebellious houses, something thousands of generations of Starks failed to do with the Boltons.

And I praise him for making the hard choice of killing the Targaryen children. They were too dangerous Hell, Aegon is proof enough of that, he is being raised to replace the legacy of Robert.

But seriously, Gregor Clegane? That is like sending Oberyn to sit on the Small COuncil.

I liked him a lot. He's like a real old school English lord ( kind of like Longshanks from Braveheart.)

He is harsh and hard, but really witty and clever too. He was a great villain, a great ruler, and the series is a lot more boring with him dead.

Charles Dance was perfect ( legit perfect) for that role IMO.

Well, no that was awesome, Tyrion becoming the Horus the Avenger.

I'm talking about the fact he died. Yes, Tyrion doing the deed softened the blow, but it still sucked.

I liked him a lot. He's like a real old school English lord ( kind of like Longshanks from Braveheart.)

He is harsh and hard, but really witty and clever too. He was a great villain, a great ruler, and the series is a lot more boring with him dead.

Charles Dance was perfect ( legit perfect) for that role IMO.

This. All of this!

He's intriguing, and he was both a political and militaristic genius like you said. He was very fun to read about and his inclusion was important to asoiaf. He was, however, brutal, callous, conceited, overly ambitious, and he made a lot of reprehensible choices. Unlike what a previous poster said, his decision to kill the Targaryen children was not commendable at all. He even killed an innocent (more innocent than otherwise?) child in place of Aegon. He did not do it to halt the Targaryen line of succession, contrary to popular belief; he was trying to get on Robert's good side, seeing as he supported the Targaryens to the bitter end. Besides, Viserys and Daenerys were still around so that couldn't have been the case anyway. It's also a bit peculiar to support Tywin so much when your name is House Seaworth, seeing as Tywin is basically the exact antithesis to Davos.

Tl;dr: Tywin is a very fun character to read about and I enjoy him but he is morally reprehensible.

Hell yes. From the very first moment he was introduced, hell mentioned his name is just badass, I knew he was the one. The way he goaded those savages into fighting with him, showing no fear as the stinking barbarians brutally assaulted his own guards.

When I found out he sent a musician as an envoy to Lord Farman of Faircastle, and the Second Lord Farman heard it he got the message and gave no further trouble to Lord Tywin, was the moment Tywin became my favorite character on the show. Hes the original gangsta of Westeros

He was a political and militaristic genius that never lost a war.

Who got his ass kicked by Robb...severely so. Who I would argue goaded his son into piercing him with an arrow.

:ninja: Ninja'd by Nictarion on Robb's ass kickings.

Idk about "genius". He was getting his ass kicked pretty good by Robb. It also helped that he was the richest man in Westeros. His army would likely be the best trained, have the best armor/weapons etc.

I'm not saying Tywin was a military genius, but losing battles or having something fuck up in your theatre and being a military genius aren't mutually exclusive.

Archived