Serious Question: What are the most well-backed theories?

Snarky

R+L=J

Debated the most in the series with evidence going back to the beginning and includes statements from GRRM

Robert Strong is reanimated Gregor Clegane

Less of a jump, but still not proven and evidence as far back as Bran dreaming of a knight with nothing but thick black blood under his helm

Jojen Paste

Multiple books of Jojen saying it isn't the day he dies, to the final book with instances of cannibalism and his sudden stop of appetite and no claim he would not die. Then his disappearance.

Jon Ghost

A difficult jump because GRRM hasn't used this deus ex machina yet, but it is precedented by the prologue and Jon's connection with Ghost, as well as the insistence that Jon will find who his parents are before he dies.

(f)Aegon Blackfyre

The idea that Aegon survived had been around for a long time, and with the introduction of Aegon Young Griff Targaryen comes more references to Blackfyres, House of the Undying warning of mummer's dragon, and the Golden Company's sudden unexplained commitment to Aegon, it has a high burden of proof to reach but it has serious evidence to support it as well as cryptic metaphors to point to.

Honorable Mentions:

Grand Northern Conspiracy, but the exact end goal is difficult to pinpoint.

Hizdar poisoned the locusts. Green Grace is the Harpy. Mance wrote the Pink Letter (all contained to ADWD)

R+L=J

Aegon is a Blackfyre (Insert variants here)

The great northern conspiracy

The Dornish Master plan

Ser Robert Strong is a zombie or Shadow-baby

Mance wrote the pink letter

Humble Frey Pie

*ETC*

*Enter absurdity*

Wun Wun is the dusky woman

Daario is anyone but Daario

Insert character here is a secret Targaryen

Victarion knows how to tie his shoes.

There are many open threads on this subject.

If read many of them. It just that whenever I see the (f), its in front of Aegon Targaryen. Seeing it in front of Aegon Blackfyre, suggest to me that the Blackfyre aspect is fake and he is really someone else.

R+L=J

Aegon is a Blackfyre (Insert variants here)

The great northern conspiracy

The Dornish Master plan

Ser Robert Strong is a zombie or Shadow-baby

*ETC*

*Enter absurdity*

Wun Wun is the dusky woman

Daario is anyone but Daario

Insert character here is a secret Targaryen

Victarion knows how to tie his shoes.

I disagree that the Dornish Master Plan is at all close to a well-supported theory. Or are you not referring to Skinchanging Sweetrobin's theory, but instead to a more general "there's something more going on with Doran that we don't know about yet" Dornish master plan?

Actually either way, I don't think there's enough there to put it anywhere in the same league as Jon Snow's origin or Ser Robert Strong's identity.

Theories I believe:

• R+L=J
  • Frey Pie & GNC: Maybe Manderly and co are supporting Rickon, maybe Jon, but there is a pro-Stark conspiracy going on for sure.
  • Ramsay did NOT write the pink letter.
  • Aegon is fake.
  • Sandor Clegane is the gravedigger from Quiet Isle
  • Alleras = Sarella Sand (forgot about this. Thanks, Julia Martell)
  • Brienne is a descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall
  • Shireen(stone) will be sacrificed to wake a dragon(Targaryen).
  • Septa Lemore is Wenda the White Fawn
  • The real Horn of Winter is the horn that Jon Snow gave to Sam.
  • Sansa will kill Littlefinger
  • Jaime is the valonqar
  • Varys is a Blackfyre/Brightflame descendant

If read many of them. It just that whenever I see the (f), its in front of Aegon Targaryen. Seeing it in front of Aegon Blackfyre, suggest to me that the Blackfyre aspect is fake and he is really someone else.

You're right. That's what you said. :blushing: Carry on.

I disagree that the Dornish Master Plan is at all close to a well-supported theory. Or are you not referring to Skinchanging Sweetrobin's theory, but instead to a more general "there's something more going on with Doran that we don't know about yet" Dornish master plan?

Actually either way, I don't think there's enough there to put it anywhere in the same league as Jon Snow's origin or Ser Robert Strong's identity.

I agree.

And I would put about 90% of Sweetrobin's stuff in the Wun Wun is the Dusky Woman category. The other 10% is mildly interesting.

The youtube videos by the fellow named "Preston Jacobs". But as for his Dornish master plan video I am mostly convinced, even if he has proposed in another video that Rhaegar+Lyanna=Daenerys without addressing Rhaella in the slightest.

The youtube videos by the fellow named "Preston Jacobs". But as for his Dornish master plan video I am mostly convinced, even if he has proposed in another video that Rhaegar+Lyanna=Daenerys without addressing Rhaella in the slightest.

Preston Jacobs and Skinchanging Sweetrobin are the same person.

There are threads on all the video, if I recall correctly.

Have fun conspiracy theorizing.

Ahhh yeah sorry, I forgot his youtube channel's not the same handle as the one he has here... That's Skinchanging Sweetrobin's channel, sorry for the confusion!

Well that's where you and I part ways my friend. I want to believe but there's just sooooooo much there that's way way way out there, at least in my opinion. Just nowhere near Jon Snow for me, though I respect the difference in opinion :thumbsup:

ETA partially ninja'd by Julia Martell !

Will someone who actually has the app please confirm that Jojen Paste has been debunked by it? I read that on this forum, but I don't have the app to confirm it myself.

Check out this thread.

R+L=J is as high for most people as, like, Alleras = Sarella, or the Grave digging Hound. No other theory really comes close.

Most people seem to think that Aegon is some kind of fake, we just don't agree on how.

Really? Most people? If you've been conducting polls you forgot to ask for my opinion. I'm 50/50 on it and not really emotionally invested but it annoys me to see claims like this.

Archived